2012 Election | Diane Sawyer | News

A Compilation of Diane Sawyer's 'Drunk' Moments on Air During Election Night Coverage — VIDEO

Sawyer

Facebook and Twitter lit up last night over an apparently 'lit' Diane Sawyer at the ABC News election desk. George Stephanopoulos also appears appropriately alarmed while trying to appear totally calm.

Watch the astonishing and entertaining compilation, AFTER THE JUMP...

(h/t gawker)

Comments

1. I noticed that! (How could you not? lol). I kind of got a kick out of it though, she's usually so proper.

Posted by: Lucas H | Nov 7, 2012 11:51:05 AM

2. I don't really see it. Seems mostly like a usual Diane Sawyer to me.

Posted by: kevin | Nov 7, 2012 11:53:56 AM

3. I wasn't watching ABC, I was following the election through Twitter.
    However, the handful of tweets that emerged from @DrnkDianeSawyer kept me abreast!

Posted by: Liquid | Nov 7, 2012 11:56:30 AM

4. This is perfectly normal for Diane Sawyer. She's filling time, and at least she's doing it without all the "ums" and "errs" that a lot of anchors use to fill in the space.

Posted by: Rich Cole | Nov 7, 2012 11:57:42 AM

5. I said that to my friends as well! Too funny.

Posted by: Rob | Nov 7, 2012 11:59:08 AM

6. seems like they messed with the video speed to get her speech slurred. I didn't notice this last night and I wasn't even drinking...

Posted by: Jim | Nov 7, 2012 11:59:37 AM

7. Other than her whole adding an exclamation point to FORWARD, I didn't really see anything too out of the ordinary for her. But hey looked like she had fun last night.

Posted by: Josh | Nov 7, 2012 12:01:04 PM

8. Of course she was drunk, we spent several hours in her dressing room talking and drinking. It was so much fun! And that cute little Step-Greekopolous guys can slam it back!

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | Nov 7, 2012 12:01:16 PM

9. @Kevin, have you never seen someone drunk? She was either drunk or extremely tired. It was funny.

Posted by: Paul R | Nov 7, 2012 12:01:44 PM

10. How long until she goes to Fox? She was a Nixon toadie in her youth. She worked with him personally.

Posted by: ggreen | Nov 7, 2012 12:02:21 PM

11. What time was it? If this was around 2AM after a long day of watching? Big deal. I was feeling pretty drained last night by the time he gave his victory speech, and I hadn't drunk anything.

Posted by: Tipsy McSlur | Nov 7, 2012 12:02:59 PM

12. This is just sad

Posted by: Geoff M | Nov 7, 2012 12:09:54 PM

13. Apparently a lot of people haven't watched her much. This is how she is all the time, especially when she needs to fill time.

Posted by: Scott_D | Nov 7, 2012 12:13:10 PM

14. I hope she doesn't get fired, she's like someone's tipsy aunt, I loved it and Stephanopolis was little-boy darling as usual. All quite harmless.

Posted by: UFFDA | Nov 7, 2012 12:22:23 PM

15. Though she was only probably extremely tired (it was close to 2:00 am), I have to say - this was the most ENTERTAINING news broadcast I have ever seen. If she did the news like this all the time, I'd get cable TV again.

Posted by: Tre | Nov 7, 2012 12:22:41 PM

16. @ GGREEN - Srsly? Back in Nixon's day, politics wasn't as rabid, divisive and polarizing. Working with a presidential administration gave her the objective experience to be a journalist. She's a NEWS person - not one person on Fox News is a real journalist - they are entertainers.

Posted by: Tre | Nov 7, 2012 12:26:15 PM

17. I;ll have what she's having!

Posted by: The Realist | Nov 7, 2012 12:34:09 PM

18. I was slurring by the end of the night and I wasn't even drinking.

Posted by: AJ | Nov 7, 2012 12:57:47 PM

19. Oh, please... That's how she normally speaks.

Posted by: Anita Morehead | Nov 7, 2012 1:11:33 PM

20. I watch Sawyer often and I think she was just like she always is. I am fond of her.

Posted by: steve | Nov 7, 2012 1:19:03 PM

21. No, she wasn't slurring. It's her body language. So again, she was either tipsy or really tired. That is not how she normally behaves; she's usually somewhat rigid.

Posted by: Paul R | Nov 7, 2012 1:34:03 PM

22. That is NOT Diane Sawyer as usual. She had a few cocktails before going on the air, obviously.

Posted by: Jack M | Nov 7, 2012 1:34:10 PM

23. She rocks. I bet she's a lot of fun to drink with.

Posted by: Bobby | Nov 7, 2012 1:41:18 PM

24. I love her even more. I've seen her many times on the subway. She's a down-to-earth Kentucky dame at heart. And if she wants to drink baby blood on-air, bully for her.

Posted by: Bollux | Nov 7, 2012 1:43:22 PM

25. She might make a a run for rehab...she's loaded.

Posted by: VDUFFORD | Nov 7, 2012 1:49:25 PM