Hugh Jackman | News

BigGayDeal.com

Hugh Jackman Talks 'Les Mis', Family, and His Shape-shifting Physique: VIDEO

Hugh_jackman

60 Minutes Scott Pelley did a long interview with Hugh Jackman on Sunday night in which they discussed Jackman's upcoming role in Les Miserables and the live singing that makes the production unique. Jackman also spoke about his family life, getting tearful when reflecting on his father's role in his life, aring for the family after their mother abandoned them at a young age:

"I can remember the morning she left, it's weird the things you pick up. I remember her being in a towel around her head and saying goodbye, must have been the way she said goodbye. As I went off to school, when I came back, there was no one there in the house. The next day there was a telegram from England, Mom was there. And then that was it. I don't think she thought for a second it would be forever. I think she thought it was, 'I just need to get away, and I'll come back.' Dad used to pray every night that Mom would come back."

In a bonus segment (see link below), Jackman spoke about his role in Wolverine, his shape-shifting physique, and the fact that he owns three different sets of suits to wear based on the role he's undertaking at the moment.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

and here's the bonus segment about Jackman's physique.

Comments

1. Jackman's not the only hottie in that segment. At 55, Scott Pelley has an incredible physique!

Posted by: Jack M | Dec 11, 2012 11:09:19 AM

2. i was gonna say, Pelley looks GOOOOD.

and Jackman is incredibly sweet in this. congrats on his upcoming oscar nomination.

oh you incredibly talented singing-and-dancing youngest male of five sons :D

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Dec 11, 2012 11:15:23 AM

3. Towleroad should not be giving a platform to gay closet cases like Hugh Jackman.

Posted by: MaryM | Dec 11, 2012 11:23:41 AM

4. Hugh Jackman is the man, good looking, talented, family oriented. McDreamy.
    @MaryM, closeted, really? Happily married for decades.

Posted by: Matt26 | Dec 11, 2012 11:31:54 AM

5. Agreed, had no idea Pelley was so jacked. He's strutting around pumped and sweaty in a skintight shirt to keep up with Jackman, and you have to wonder if anyone will call him out for such silliness the way Barbara Walters used to get dinged for dancing, or similar goofiness, with her interview subjects.

Posted by: FilmTurtle | Dec 11, 2012 11:57:22 AM

6. I have a serious issue with this man. Im worst that any one directioner justin believer fan.

Posted by: raul | Dec 11, 2012 12:04:30 PM

7. Don't know why we fall over ourselves for guys "jacked" like that. It's purely cosmetic and is tantamount to pushing Barbies on young girls. Many young gays are taught to worship big butch guys and anyone who speaks out against this is accused of being a ugly old queen. Most guys who look like Jackman use unhealthy means to get that big ... that's fact.

Posted by: jawole | Dec 11, 2012 12:07:56 PM

8. Scott Pelley ripped? I want some of that for Christmas. I can Hugh for dessert.

Posted by: M. Scott Hernandez | Dec 11, 2012 12:13:34 PM

9. Scott Pelley? WTF. How come I didn't know???

Posted by: Michel Filion | Dec 11, 2012 1:47:42 PM

10. Jackman and Nelley are both bottoms

Posted by: John Thomas | Dec 11, 2012 1:49:12 PM

11. Scott Pelley is obviously turned on by Hugh. His nipples are threatening to poke holes in his shirt.

Can't blame him though....Hugh as Wolverine is in my Top Ten Fantasy F*ck list.

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | Dec 11, 2012 4:16:42 PM

12. Jackman is fantastic! I can't wait for Christmas day. BTW John Thomas- we are all bottoms. There are very few total tops out there, everyone gets an itch darling.

Posted by: ty | Dec 11, 2012 4:34:45 PM

13. @MATT@ Jackman is "family oriented" only in a family where mom is willing to orient herself to the fact she's never getting laid by dad & lies about it for him for money.

Towleroad should not push this closet case's obvious agenda in doing disgustingly gratuitous interview.

Posted by: tawny | Dec 17, 2012 11:16:30 AM