News | Reality TV | The Beekman Boys

BigGayDeal.com

Gay 'Amazing Race' Winners The Beekman Boys Talk About Their Win on 'The Talk': VIDEO

Beekmanboys

The Beekman Boys showed up on The Talk yesterday to celebrate their win, share what they learned, and how the million dollars will impact their lives.

Said Josh Kilmer-Purcell: "It was a great lesson if you're having troubles in life. Just keep going. Keep trying. Someone will help you, and you're gonna win."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Ever hear of spoiler alerts? I mean, honestly. In an age of time-shifted TV watching, do we have to blab the results of every two-bit show on a news blog? And either the show is big - in which case people are more likely to be watching it and therefore you shouldn't blab it, or it's trivial, in which case, who cares? Besides, since when is reality TV newsworthy?

Here's a better idea: skip the gossip and stick to things that matter. That way you won't ever wind up announcing the winners of some contest in the friggin headlines.

Posted by: Danny | Dec 12, 2012 9:12:50 AM

2. Danny - where have you been living - the show aired two days ago and it's a big deal that a committed positive gay couple won $1 million dollars. How long should we wait for you to catch up on your TV viewing?

Thanks for the post

Posted by: Dave | Dec 12, 2012 9:20:51 AM

3. This aired on Sunday. It's no one's fault that you're so late.

Posted by: C | Dec 12, 2012 9:21:36 AM

4. Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father! Hahahahahaaa!!!

Posted by: Yeek | Dec 12, 2012 9:22:28 AM

5. I am so happy for the both of them. Hopefully there love story will work out better than Chip and Reinkin(sp)

Posted by: hotbeef801 | Dec 12, 2012 9:23:25 AM

6. Okay Danny. Please let everyone know when you've caught up with your "time-shifted TV watching" so stories like this can be posted for the rest of us. We wouldn't want to have you sitting in a corner, whining about a two-bit show. Need a kleenex??

Posted by: RJP | Dec 12, 2012 9:26:51 AM

7. I hate the "Spoiler Nazis." They act like you're not allowed to talk about anything anymore because SOMEONE might not have watched it yet.

Being in a different time zone is NOT the same things as being disabled. Stop manufacturing outrage.

There are worse things than having the winner of a reality show "spoiled."

Posted by: JeffNYC | Dec 12, 2012 9:44:21 AM

8. Susan Lucci finally won an Emmy.
    Bobby's alive, and it was actually all in Pam's dream.
    The mistress shot JR.
    Krystal and Alexis didn't die in the massacre.
    Palmer was poisoned.
    Ross doesn't marry Emily.
    Chad Michaels won RuPaul's All Stars Season 1.
    Obama was re-elected.

Sorry, Danny.

Posted by: The Milkman | Dec 12, 2012 9:44:32 AM

9. Did we ever figure out if the Chippendale dancers on AR are gay? I think at least one is.

Posted by: Perry | Dec 12, 2012 9:44:58 AM

10. This one's for Danny:

Posted by: stingo | Dec 12, 2012 9:46:50 AM

11. @PERRY: One of the two Chipmunks is openly gay. I don't know which one is which, but I believe the blonde one is gay. I think he's Jaymes vs James.

Posted by: AJ | Dec 12, 2012 10:01:26 AM

12. @DANNY: I think it's VERY newsworthy that they won. And frankly, it's better and far more relevant than yet ANOTHER post about what hateful thing Bryan Fischer or NOMnuts said now.

Posted by: AJ | Dec 12, 2012 10:03:05 AM

13. Towleroad already had a post entitled, "Did the gays win the Amazing Race?" a couple of days ago, so you were given fair warning back then that the results were out there. Most other sites didn't even provide that amount of spoiler alert.

Posted by: RJ | Dec 12, 2012 10:26:08 AM

14. I love the show. They deserved to win.

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Dec 12, 2012 10:30:11 AM

15. The blonde (well, bottle-blonde) Chippendale, Jaymes, is gay.

I was happy to see the Beekman Boys win, although I would have been happy with the Chippendales too, they were actually quite pleasant. But I do love the quote from Josh about how the race proves if you try hard, you will win. I mean, there were, what, 15 other teams that also tried hard, right?

Posted by: Glenn | Dec 12, 2012 10:33:39 AM

16. So overpriveleged New Yorkers win a cool million and that somehow informs us how to overcome troubles in life? Wow. Anyone following this should first "get a life".

Posted by: Louis | Dec 12, 2012 10:51:30 AM

17. That was the shortest interview of all time. They didn't even get to plug Beekman 1802. More time next time!

Posted by: Adam | Dec 12, 2012 10:59:19 AM

18. Mike Ryan: They didn't "deserve" to win. They were the weakest team! They trailed from the beginning. They weren't either fit or smart. They screwed up two out of three orders in the pizza-delivery challenge. The entire lesson here is that sometimes being smart pays off.

Posted by: RomanHans | Dec 12, 2012 11:17:46 AM

19. They seem to like the spotlight.

Posted by: anon | Dec 12, 2012 11:22:51 AM

20. @ANON: They have been in the spotlight for awhile. They have a reality show called "The Fabulous Beekman Boys". And Josh is a writer. I've read all of his books. I highly recommend "I Am Not Myself These Days".

Posted by: AJ | Dec 12, 2012 11:28:32 AM

21. Louis, you're a fathead. Brent and Josh not only work hard shoveling pig sh.. and every other task on a productive farm but they had major hardships on AR with no hope of winning...until they won because they kept trying. Their advice is as good as their experience which has been clear to see for years on The Beekman Boys and now the A Race.

In fact these guys are not only hard-working winners they are the sweetest gay couple imaginable. In addition they are huge fun to watch as well as examples of a standout, true-life love story. Their two years as The Fabulous Beekman boys on film on line is more inspiring, touching and hilarious than any merely acted portrayal of gay men every produced. Ever.

FYI their story is real. For years Josh has had to spend his working life in New York City during the week so that they can both keep their upstate farm going under Brent's devoted care. Now they can fully rejoin their lives together and it brings many of us great personal joy to see them able do so.

For all the sniping jades out there it should be noted that not every life story is a fake production. That Brent and Josh are also a manifestly loving gay couple, 14 years and counting, makes their story especially joyous to those of us who have come to love them.

Posted by: UFFDA | Dec 12, 2012 11:36:49 AM

22. I LOVE the Beekman Boys. I'm an older gay man and most of you would probably say (if you saw me out in a bar) "Go home, Grandpa!" I had my crazy happy days in the sun and survived to tell the tales. My point is, it's sad to see that, for some of you, the old term "bitchy queen" still applies.

Posted by: RJ | Dec 12, 2012 11:55:08 AM

23. Awesome!! I'm so glad to hear Josh & Brent won the race. I met them at a book signing. They are both amazing and humble. Such great role models. Now that they've won, I'm hoping this means their reality show will get picked up again. My fingers are crossed. Oh, and I definitely recommend the "Cajeta" from their shop. Fantastic topping for ice cream. Fyi though...drizzle it on. It has habanero pepper with caramel. Powerful stuff.

Posted by: MickyFlip | Dec 12, 2012 12:11:01 PM

24. would it have killed them to have shown the kiss as well??

Posted by: bandanajack | Dec 12, 2012 12:30:36 PM

25. @Bandana

They did. At least when they won.

Posted by: Nat | Dec 12, 2012 12:55:44 PM