Barack Obama | Dianne Feinstein | Guns | News

BigGayDeal.com

Obama 'Wants to Move' on Assault Weapons Ban

President Obama backs Senator Dianne Feinstein's effort to ban assault weapons, the White House said today:

Newtown_obamaWhite House spokesman Jay Carney offered some of the first specifics on how Obama intends to make good on his promise to address gun violence in the aftermath of a shooting rampage at a Connecticut elementary school that killed 26 people, including 20 children.

"It's clear that as a nation we haven't done enough to address the scourge of gun violence," Carney told reporters. He reiterated that Obama "wants to move in the coming weeks."

Comments

1. THERE'S the president for which we voted! Towleroadies, don't just talk about it, DO something about it:

Donate to the Brady Campaign. We need to put our foot down and fight the gun lobby!

Posted by: CHRISTOPHER I | Dec 18, 2012 4:34:06 PM

2. Speak for yourself. I am not giving up my weapons for anyone. In fact, I am going to buy an AK-47 and an AR10 for myself for XMAS.

Posted by: Bill Michael | Dec 19, 2012 2:48:14 AM

3. Bill Michael-

Here's hoping that the weapons of death you plan to buy are removed from your possession, forcibly if need be. Sorry, you'll have to find a less deadly metaphorical penis.

Posted by: shawnthesheep | Dec 19, 2012 2:58:46 AM

4. Hold up a minute, Bill and I'll go with you. These scapegoatists are making me sick. Shawn go shove your sheep. When you start taking responsibility for your lemming-ism maybe you'll learn to put the responsibility for the horror on the perpetrator instead of the weapon. When the Murrah Building was bombed in 1995 did we ban chemical fertilizer? No. After 9/11 did we ban airplanes? No. But let some walking malignancy with access to a microphone start using the horrific death of children as an accelerant for their historically racist agenda - to use the same base fear-mongering tactics that gave us the DHS, TLA, the Patriot Act and destroyed any illusion that the American People had any right to privacy. No... you get every blind, historically ignorant, gullible fool following in the wake of which ever demagogue grabs the banner first. You chose your UID well, Shawn. Typical of sheep - follow whichever goat is loudest, right off the cliff.

Posted by: Mommie Dammit | Dec 19, 2012 5:28:15 AM

5. I own a store that sells firearms. Funny how many people came in to buy when it seems like they may never be able to find one later. I have also run into many people who said they would NEVER own a firearm ened up changing their mind when they were robbed, or raped by criminals who could care less about any law. I carry a Firearm not to commit crimes, but to protect my loved ones from violent crime.

Posted by: Steve | Dec 21, 2012 11:57:58 AM

6. I buy guns. Will pay up to 3 times what those cheap politicians will pay. 1-800-buy-gunz

Posted by: Jerry Shandusky | Dec 22, 2012 1:01:25 AM