Catholic Church | News | Religion | Vatican

BigGayDeal.com

Vatican-Allied Historian Compares Marriage Equality To Communism

CommunistposterThe Vatican really knows how to make good use of hyperbole, what with their constant warnings that LGBT equality will destroy society, devalues humanity and invites God's wrath.

The latest example of such histrionics can be found in the Vatican's semi-official newspaper, L’Osservatore Romano.

As the Washington Post points out, Vatican historian Lucetta Scaraffia penned a piece this week that claims those fighting for equality are simply charlatans who, like communists, want to dupe an adoring public into following them on a death march.

Historian Lucetta Scaraffia compared proponents of gay marriage, with their championing of “marriage equality,” to 20th-century communists who wooed millions with their promise of perfect social and economical equality.

In her L’Osservatore Romano article, Scaraffia echoed and developed Benedict’s argument [offends human truth]. To equate a traditional marriage between a man and a woman with a union between homosexuals amounts to a “negation of truth,” which would undermine “one of the basic structures of human society, family,” she wrote.

In the long run, she concluded, societies will end up paying "a very high price" for destroying family, "as it happened in the past with the attempts to create a complete social and economical equality."

Man, I never ever thought our opponents would figure out our plan, but there it is, in black and white. The jig is up...

Comments

1. The Catholic Church should be tried for crimes against humanity by the ICC.

Posted by: Michael | Dec 20, 2012 3:15:49 PM

2. It's Christmas time and time for me to go to church with the family again. I wonder if I can bring my iPod along to get through it...

Posted by: Frank | Dec 20, 2012 3:22:19 PM

3. Sorry, but I have NO respect for any Gay adult who enters a catholic church without making a fuss these days.

Posted by: Bob | Dec 20, 2012 3:53:16 PM

4. Like Frank, I have to take my parents to Catholic mass on Christmas. I will not donate to that parish in the collection basket ever again. I feel like taking money out of the collection basket instead.

Posted by: trees | Dec 20, 2012 3:53:23 PM

5. "Negation of truth"......it's such a bull$hit phrase.
    It sounds as if could mean something ; then you realise it is just another pompous word catchy piece of garbage.
    Dressing up their hateful bile in pretentious language will not save Benedict/Ratzinger from the condemnation of being among the last of the myopic racist sexist homophobes....who were too small and insular and sexually repressed to really give a $hit about their "flock".

Can you imagine this person is supposed to be the shepherd of his people.
    Such hypocricy cries out in disgust.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Dec 20, 2012 4:04:36 PM

6. As if the Belonsky gays could figure out such complicated ways to hurt people. All they do is post stuff about them on blogs and then run and hide in dingey Manhattan apartments. Not too hard to figure out and very unlike the Commie threat.

Posted by: Yupp | Dec 20, 2012 4:07:29 PM

7. All the Gay folk I know volunteer with the Gay Agenda Mafia to destroy families. They take baked goods to homeless shelters, they volunteer and donate to food banks, they tutor reading and math to school kids. They are SO evil it's hard to imagine. So the next logical step is to want social equality. It's all so EVIL

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | Dec 20, 2012 4:07:33 PM

8. Jack : Are you Catholic or Protestant ? I'm honestly curious why you're here.

Posted by: Yupp | Dec 20, 2012 4:08:55 PM

9. We mustn't forget that the Catholics were patrons of the Nazi party and helped set the war criminals free. And we must also not forget that Ratzinger was in fact Hitler Jugend. (Hitler Youth).

Posted by: AKConstant | Dec 20, 2012 4:09:12 PM

10. Ratcatcher is a Nazi.

Posted by: jleo71 | Dec 20, 2012 4:15:09 PM

11. Akconstant : But gays started the brownshirts, and millions of Catholics wound up in concentration camps too, so...I have no love for the Catholic Church but let's not go there.

Posted by: Yupp | Dec 20, 2012 4:16:34 PM

12. @ YUPP :

MYOFB.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Dec 20, 2012 4:20:49 PM

13. PS :

I'm a Celt.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Dec 20, 2012 4:21:53 PM

14. That is : Not an Anglo Saxon.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Dec 20, 2012 4:22:21 PM

15. Jack : If you identify as "a Celt" then what are you doing on this blog where Towle, Belonsky, and most of the readers would wish you dead, or at least in prison..? I mean...you guys....where are your standards??

Posted by: Yupp | Dec 20, 2012 4:30:32 PM

16. @ YUPP :

If anyone wishes me dead,or in prison ....well, bring it on.

I like Towleroad, I like the content of the news items, I like what Andy and Mr. Belonsky post and I enjoy reading and occasionally responding to other posters.

But yes, I am a Celt and I speak a Celtic language. I don't know what twisted meaning you assign to that. And, no offence, I don't care.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Dec 20, 2012 4:37:04 PM

17. Well, IS it Irish or are you....a different Celtic nation..?

Posted by: Yupp | Dec 20, 2012 4:47:14 PM

18. If all the gay men and women who serve in and work for the Roman Catholic Church worldwide were to leave, to quit, the church structure would collapse.

Posted by: Esther Blodgett | Dec 20, 2012 4:53:32 PM

19. If all the gay men and women who serve in and work for the Roman Catholic Church worldwide were to leave, to quit, the church structure would collapse.

Posted by: Esther Blodgett | Dec 20, 2012 4:53:33 PM

20. Communism? Really? That failed ideology of the last century? Is that the best thing that they could come up with?

Something is going down the drain, but it isn't society, it's Christianity. It's in rags and tatters.

Too bad they can't preserve a little dignity as they go down. All that kicking and screaming! Oh, my!

Posted by: bookish | Dec 20, 2012 5:04:24 PM

21. Looks like somebody's got the hots for JackF*ckinTwist.

(Must be the way you type Jack, so come-hither between the lines.)

Posted by: ah yupp | Dec 20, 2012 5:09:16 PM

22. @ AH YUPP :

I like that expression, "come-hither"....ha ha ha.
    I'll play hard-to-get coquette.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Dec 20, 2012 5:14:06 PM

23. I MIGHT have the hots for him if I ever saw him. I do like a lot of Irish guy's looks (from the black-haired to the red-headed). But I never saw him, and don't know if he's even Irish. And if he IS, why is he on this Eirophobic blog????

Posted by: Yupp | Dec 20, 2012 5:18:58 PM

24. But back to Ratzinger; he is seriously deranged......he seems totally obsessed with homosexuals.
    So much so that the extraordinary platitude that had been used as a cloak of invisibility for the bigots, that "love the sinner/hate the sin" crap, is no longer used to hide their naked hatred of us.
    Now the deliberately orchestrated campaign of a united front of Evangelicals/Catholics/Baptists are much more emboldened in their desperate attempts to stir extreme right wing bigotry against us.
    It may be working in Russia, Serbia, Croatia, Uganda....and some of your red states.
    But in real life Ratzinger has missed the opportunity to be a reformer. He will be remembered as an old man without a vision or a plan.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Dec 20, 2012 5:24:20 PM

25. Never mind the Pope. Get back to the reality that actually affects our lives, Jack. Which......Celtic nation ?

Posted by: Yupp | Dec 20, 2012 5:38:25 PM