Abortion | GOProud | News | Republican Party

GOProud Will Cruise Through March For Life Tomorrow

GOProudAbortion

Trying to further ingratiate themselves with the conservatives they so desperately want to rally with, the gay Republican group today announced they're participating in the "March for Life" gathering in D.C. tomorrow.

They'll be distributing the name tag seen above. I wonder how many they'll actually unload.

UPDATE: A friend reminded me that GOProud leader Chris Barron once worked for Planned Parenthood, a group that obviously believes in a woman's right to choose. While there, he helmed Republican outreach to bring pro-choice GOPpers into the mix. Guess those days are over...

Comments

1. GOProud has to be. They're the ones who's parents would have aborted them if they'd had the foresight.

more reason why GOProud are the scum of the country: gay men telling women what they can or cannot do with their bodies.

you sad white boys deserve to be the embarrassment to your families that you'll always be. and you deserve every ounce of hatred that comes your way.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Jan 24, 2013 2:46:22 PM

2. Wow, I'm Pro-Life & Pro-Gay also! However I'm not Anti-Abortion

Posted by: Billy | Jan 24, 2013 2:50:19 PM

3. I agree w/ Billy

Posted by: chasmader | Jan 24, 2013 2:56:57 PM

4. Amen, Kiwi. Pithy and to the point as always.

Posted by: T.s. | Jan 24, 2013 3:00:08 PM

5. y'all seen Django Unchained?

Samuel L. Jackson gives an astoundingly spot-on performance playing a GOProud member....

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Jan 24, 2013 3:03:48 PM

6. I dont trust any man who thinks he has the right to dictate to a woman what she should be allowed to do with her body/health issues. Gay men, old white republicans, pastors, catholic priests...all the same in this respect.

Posted by: paul | Jan 24, 2013 3:06:41 PM

7. You can't call yourself "pro gay" and endorse a man for President who is anti-gay.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Jan 24, 2013 3:07:14 PM

8. Abortion is an ethical hazard. A zygote, an embryo and a fetus are biologically living human individuals. (There are such things as dead embryos, dolphin fetuses and fraternal-twin zygotes, after all.) The crux of the matter is at what point from conception to birth does a developing human qualify for *personhood*. This is not a settled, obvious issue.

Fanatics have spoiled ethical debates on this issue. I see it parallel with animal rights. The ideal thing would be to not kill, harm or deprive any animal except where humans risk death, harm or deprivation. Likewise, the ideal thing would be that no abortions occur except where medically necessary. Both ethical positions are honorable but probably impractical at this time.

Posted by: Kyle | Jan 24, 2013 3:12:35 PM

9. it's very simple. against abortions? dont' have one.

are the anti-Choice brigade prepared to personally financially, emotionally, psychologically, monetarily, and physically shelter and nurture the women whom they deny the right to terminate the pregnancy?

no. because they haven't thought about this issue at all. blechh.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Jan 24, 2013 3:17:25 PM

10. "I dont trust any man who thinks he has the right to dictate to a woman what she should be allowed to do with her body/health issues. Gay men, old white republicans, pastors, catholic priests...all the same in this respect"

Typical effeminate gay male man-hating, woman-worshiping attitude--always side with any woman against any man.

Why should a pregnant woman have any more say over the fate of the fetus she is carrying than the father, when the fetus was equally his creation?

No reason at all....and I think that, at the very least, a father should have veto power over the ability of a woman to abort a fetus that is the product of his sperm.

Posted by: Rick | Jan 24, 2013 3:17:25 PM

11. I hate women because most of them have clitorises that are bigger than my penis. It makes me so angry!

Posted by: Rick | Jan 24, 2013 3:19:37 PM

12. I hope people realize that being fully pro-choice is the absolute center opinion on the issue.

Republicans get away with "well, I am pro-choice in certain cases, such as rape and incest, therefore I have a moderate stance on the issue," when their ideas are quite right-leaning.

If you can't force someone to *have* an abortion (such as a crack-smoking prostitute who would barely care for the child), you shouldn't be able to force someone to *not have* an abortion.

Posted by: kpo5 | Jan 24, 2013 3:20:12 PM

13. @ Billy
    Exactly, this is another time the right has framed the conversation by applying labels like pro-life or pro-family. A person can be pro-life and so prefer that abortions don't happen, work to provide the necessary changes in culture and society that it would not be neccasary such as sex-ed, birth control, employment, mental health (to deal with people before they become violent) and so on. But none of that means that the same person needs to believe that the choice needs to be removed from the table. I am Pro-life and Pro-choice and find no conflict with those positions.

Posted by: Randyowen | Jan 24, 2013 3:26:14 PM

14. You said it yourself, Rick:

"she is carrying"
    "she is carrying"
    "she is carrying"

Call me when your closeted escapades sideline you for nine months, ok?

Posted by: kpo5 | Jan 24, 2013 3:26:26 PM

15. I'll have YOU know that my manly and masculine escapes have left me impotent and with a raging case of carpal-tunnel syndrome.

Posted by: Rick | Jan 24, 2013 3:31:01 PM

16. @KPOS Oh, I see. Perfect logic there. So I guess that, likewise, if a father is supporting a family with his income and his wife does not work, he should be the only one with any say about how HIS money is spent on THEIR children, right? And his wife and the kid's mother should just keep her mouth shut and defer to his decisions.

Posted by: Rick | Jan 24, 2013 3:35:08 PM

17. Of what concern is this to GoProud's gay membership? This is a woman's issue and certainly not a gay man's issue. Any gay belonging to or supporting GOPROUD is truly stupid.

Posted by: OS2Guy | Jan 24, 2013 3:35:40 PM

18. And what if I married a woman, KP05, whose clit was bigger than my penis? Doesn't mean that I'm the woman so I get to decide?

I bet your liberal effeminate logic can't answer that.

Posted by: Rick | Jan 24, 2013 3:36:32 PM

19. The hysterical rantings by Kiwi acting as an impostor in this thread with my user-name (the comments about carpal tunnel syndrome and clitoris sizes)...are further evidence of what I am referring to when it comes to the man-hating mindset of effeminate gay men and how deep-seated it can be.

Posted by: Rick | Jan 24, 2013 3:47:46 PM

20. I have manboobs, too.

Posted by: Rick | Jan 24, 2013 3:51:45 PM

21. No, Rick. It just proves that parody Rick's insanity is more understandable than your closeted fake masculine bs.

Posted by: MateoM | Jan 24, 2013 3:52:15 PM

22. I recognize that I am outside the American mainstream, but I'm pro-abortion. There are too many human beings on the planet to keep it sustainable. Preventing births by those who are unwilling and/or unable to care for more offspring is a public good.

For esthetic reasons, I prefer that this be done by contraception rather than abortion, but this is on the order of my preference to eat meat that does not remind me to strongly of the animal whose life was sacrificed to provide my meal.

Posted by: Rich | Jan 24, 2013 3:55:09 PM

23. "And his wife and the kid's mother should just keep her mouth shut and defer to his decisions."

Yes, and who's on The Milton Berle Show tonight, dear.

Everybody I know who is Pro-Choice hates abortion. We'd rather there be a morning after pill for woman and girl. What about a morning before pill for men?

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jan 24, 2013 4:00:03 PM

24. Contraception, contraception, contraception!

Posted by: Jack M | Jan 24, 2013 4:05:08 PM

25. "Guess those days are over..."

Fear not. With GOPander it all all depends on which way the wind blows at the moment.

Posted by: Marc C | Jan 24, 2013 4:05:11 PM