Chris Kluwe | Gay Marriage | Stephen Colbert

BigGayDeal.com

Vikings Punter and Gay Rights Advocate Chris Kluwe Talks with Stephen Colbert: VIDEO

Kluwe

Stephen Colbert did a hilarious interview with Vikings punter and marriage equality advocate Chris Kluwe last night and his use of the term "lustful cockmonster" to describe a Maryland lawmaker.

"Why would you support gay marriage? You are in the most hyper-masculine sport in the world. Okay? Football players are about a thousand miles from gay. Men in tight pants patting each other on the butt. Nothing gay about that. Get that butt out of my face. Get it out of there!"

They also talk about World of Warcraft and troll-on-elf marriage.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Sort of off topic, but I hope he and his team have a great game against the Broncos.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Jan 9, 2013 9:44:42 AM

2. OMG - his FEET! And, pretty much everything else they are attached to! Brain included. Dayum.
    I have a thing for punters.
    Professional surrenderers. LOL

Posted by: Book | Jan 9, 2013 9:56:35 AM

3. Big hearted guy. Didn't expect him to be nervous - though it made him even more endearing.

Posted by: Markt | Jan 9, 2013 10:19:28 AM

4. Big hearted guy. Didn't expect him to be nervous - though it made him even more endearing.

Posted by: Markt | Jan 9, 2013 10:19:29 AM

5. I know...his feet...right? They don't get any sexier than this.

Posted by: Bo | Jan 9, 2013 10:33:32 AM

6. I wish he'd come down here to Illinois and use his charm, brains, beauty, and passion to help our Marriage Equality cause!

~~sigh~~

Posted by: irisgirl | Jan 9, 2013 10:39:17 AM

7. Chris is a great guy and he sure knocks the idea of jock stereotypes in its ass.

Posted by: andrew | Jan 9, 2013 10:51:02 AM

8. "on" SORRY !

Posted by: andrew | Jan 9, 2013 10:52:07 AM

9. Handsome, hunky and very cute.

Posted by: OS2Guy | Jan 9, 2013 11:04:28 AM

10. What a nice guy!

Posted by: BRAINS | Jan 9, 2013 11:16:48 AM

11. There can't be interviews harder than going up against Colbert or Jon Stewart. Those two are funny, fast and smart and can twist anything that is said to them into a joke. I think Chris did a great job.

Posted by: Robbie | Jan 9, 2013 11:28:26 AM

12. "Sort of off topic, but I hope he and his team have a great game against the Broncos"

Err, Mike, the Viking play in the NFC, not the AFC and lost their playoff game last weekend to the Packers and so have been eliminated from the playoffs.

Is it just coincidence that a)you are unaware of this, at the same time that b) you are always defending effeminate behavior?

Uh-huh.

Posted by: Rick | Jan 9, 2013 11:28:57 AM

13. Oh, and, I guess it was too much to ask, as well, that any of you comment on something, anything other than his body parts and physical appearance, wasn't it?

Posted by: Rick | Jan 9, 2013 11:30:22 AM

14. Good man. It takes guts to put himself out like this.

Posted by: ratbastard | Jan 9, 2013 11:30:47 AM

15. If more gay men were like Kluwe then the gay community would be seen differently, and perhaps my dad would have let me dress up in boys clothes when I blew him instead of making me always do it while in blackface drag. I hated that the only way he'd let me blow him is to lipsync for my life to old Donna Summer recordings in a pair of sensible heels and a tube top.

The worst thing about this culture of effeminacy is that many men like me are forced to dress up in drag when we try to have sex with either straight males or our own family members.

Posted by: Rick | Jan 9, 2013 11:37:57 AM

16. Rick, you little flamer, I had a brain fart. I've only been thinking of the Ravens since Sunday. My husband and I moved to the Twin Cities several years ago. We moved from Baltimore. We were there the year they won the Super Bowl.I have never really cheered on the Vikings. I might bleed purple, but it's Raven's purple. I just sort of knocked the Vikings out of my head and replaced it with the Raven's. I'm certain I will only think about the Raven's until Saturday. I would love if Kluwe played for the Raven's, but our punter is great.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Jan 9, 2013 11:49:28 AM

17. I can't think of a quicker way of abruptly ending the practice among athletes of unselfconsciously slapping each other on the butt than for the media to start insinuating that men doing that is somehow gay.

Posted by: Rocky | Jan 9, 2013 12:14:08 PM

18. @Mike

At least the Ravens were smart enough to get rid of Cundiff. I still rewatch that youtube video of him missing that nail biting kick. It's right up there with the butt fumble and Brady punting on 3rd down for funny football videos.

My Pats are looking forward to a rematch against your Ravens so beat Manning this weekend. I hope my Pats can crush the Titans again.

Posted by: Sam | Jan 9, 2013 12:21:56 PM

19. Kluwe handled himself well, which isn't necessarily easy to do with Colbert, a liberal playing a conservative who asks obtuse, stupid questions. That he did well isn't a huge surprise since Kluwe got a perfect score on the Verbal Section of his SATs (what's now called the Critical Reading section).

They probably got along well behind the scenes because both are huge fantasy (Middle Earth, etc) geeks.

Posted by: Caliban | Jan 9, 2013 12:49:13 PM

20. It was a GREAT interview, and I'm glad to see other folks commenting on his bare/flip flop clad feet. I don't have a foot fetish at all, but I couldn't get my eyes off of his feet. Maybe it was just that one doesn't expect to see dudes wearing sandals in that context. Whatever the case it made the hot hetero jock even hotter.

Posted by: norseman | Jan 9, 2013 2:06:56 PM

21. Handsome guy strong enough standing on our side. Thank you.

Posted by: Matt26 | Jan 9, 2013 2:12:39 PM

22. @ Sam - well IMHO, we're much better off with Tucker. I don't know anyone who would argue with me about that, but .....

The Pats? Really? I will admit they are a worthy opponent, and one has to admire Tom Brady. I really hope we'll be playing them next weekend. However, I worked with a woman from Boston, and she was crazed. It gave us something to fight about.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Jan 9, 2013 2:22:31 PM

23. "Maybe it was just that one doesn't expect to see dudes wearing sandals in that context"

Chris is from southern California, where wearing sandals/flip-flops in ANY context is perfectly acceptable.

@Mike OK, although I don't really buy the "but they both wear purple uniforms" explanation (LOL), you will be pleased to know (or maybe not) that, since my Saints are not in the playoffs this year, my sentimental favorite is the Ravens, this being Ray Lewis's last season and all. I hate the Patriots and don't care for Peyton Manning--that said, I doubt the Ravens can beat either the Patriots or the Broncos as lame as their offense has been for much of the season.

We will see.

Posted by: Rick | Jan 9, 2013 2:34:32 PM

24. Smart AND hot. Nice combo.

Posted by: Seattle Mike | Jan 9, 2013 2:58:25 PM

25. Oh, yeah. And those feet!

Posted by: Seattle Mike | Jan 9, 2013 2:58:38 PM