Comments

1. says

Um..ok. And he also should be out there talking to these people specifically about how the GOP’s ongoing and deep-rooted anti-gay prejudices caused him to be a fully-grown man who not only lived a closeted lie of a life in order to fit in and be tolerated, but that he actually spent years voting against himself and his fellow LGBT brothers and sisters.

It’s that oh-so-important aspect of being gay in an anti-gay culture that far too many gay people, gay conservatives in particular, refuse to discuss and talk to other conservative-leaning people about.

2. jamal49 says

@JACK M: Touche.

Sorry, Ken. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: never forgive and never forget. Ever.

You sold us out for years. And, NOW you decide that marriage equality is “conservative”?

You, Ken Mehlman, are a horse’s @ss.

3. I'm just sayin' says

In 2004 being anti-gay marriage served the GOP at the polls so Mehlman worked that angle. In 2012 being anti-gay drove people away from the GOP, so Mehlman jumps to the opposite perspective and now is working that angle. Ken’s words may be different but his underlying agenda remains the same — get republicans elected by whatever means necessary.

4. ratbastard says

What Ken Mehlman did in his previous life was unconscionable. He’s a typical psychopathic high level player. They are everywhere. Among Republicans, Democrats, progressives, conservatives and in-between. They are everywhere in business, academia, and so-on. They are the norm among ideological fanatics of all kinds.

5. Noteasilyoffended says

I still have not forgiven Ken Mehlman for his past actions. I don’t care what he says. I remain suspicious. Sorry, Ken. Not enough water has gone under the bridge.

6. BETTY says

The GOP didn’t want or need us before. Now that they see the tide is shifting away from them you are now going to welcome us with open arms?! I’ll believe it when I see it. Pigs will fly first though.

7. Will says

@ wade sorry but after years of republicans condemning us one cannot help but feel disgusted and confused why all of a sudden they have a change of heart. Not to mention that the only reason this idiot says he likes gays is from decades of hard work from open minded brave individuals which this man nor any of the people in his party stand for and they realize now that they are in a minority and they want more votes. This man can pack it up and leave.