Family Research Council | News | Tony Perkins

BigGayDeal.com

FRC's Tony Perkins Calls 'It Gets Better' a 'Deceptive Lie', Criticizes White House for Being in on It: AUDIO

Perkins

Andrew put this in the round-up yesterday but I thought I'd post the audio here so folks could hear the hate group leader talk about our "destructive lifestyles" for themselves.

Listen, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via good as you)

Comments

1. this dude is one sick phuk.....always thinking about Gays, gay men more-so- and all kinds of Gay sex......ahh Perkins - what a low life he is.

Posted by: disgusted american | Jan 18, 2013 12:12:43 PM

2. It's almost as if he holds a grudge against Dan Savage for saying that Tony Perkins has the blood of dead gay suicides on his hands. Just because it's true doesn't mean Perkins has to like it.

Posted by: BABH | Jan 18, 2013 12:17:14 PM

3. By talking about deceptive lies at least he is staying in his field of expertise.

Posted by: Don | Jan 18, 2013 12:23:23 PM

4. but we're living proof that it does get better.

better than better. life gets amazing. once you start ignoring the Perkins' of the world, tis indeed La View en Rad.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Jan 18, 2013 12:27:34 PM

5. Well for Perkins being nasty and miserable is his life. For Tony it never get better.

Posted by: Jay | Jan 18, 2013 12:29:44 PM

6. I think by definition all lies are deceptive. Even things that are merely untrue are deceptive. Then there are things which, while true are misleading and therefore deceptive.

What he might be indicating are lies that don't deceive anyone because they are so obviously false, such as the ones he spreads about gays. Shibboleths that he is forced to say even though he and nobody else really believes them.

Posted by: anon | Jan 18, 2013 12:41:12 PM

7. dude is DETERMINED to bury at least one of his own children.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Jan 18, 2013 12:45:19 PM

8. The real problem is people giving these ignorant small minded bigots attention. Ignore them. Do not share their comments. Black them out. Demonstrate they are no longer relevant and let them drown in their own hatred.

Posted by: dig | Jan 18, 2013 12:47:42 PM

9. Perkins and his AFA are just a bunch of jerks. But I will say this: Without them, we wouldn't have a clear villain. And villains are important. They give us clarity--a nice, sure target. Think how lively Westborough Babtist :) Church makes life for us. Without these idiots to demonstrate against, we would not have a solid target. Just the stubborn, unthinking reluctance of the population to evolve.

Posted by: Ernst Rhoem's Ghost | Jan 18, 2013 12:54:05 PM

10. Sweater vest?

Posted by: Fahd | Jan 18, 2013 1:12:58 PM

11. The beauty in all of this is that Gay America is not just sitting down and taking this BS. We're fighting back, hard, and winning.

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | Jan 18, 2013 1:21:23 PM

12. The truth is that Perkins is but a well-paid "spokes model" for one of the leaders of the homophobic hate group industry. And that's exactly what it is, boys and girls, an industry with the sole purpose of manufacturing hate against the GLBT community as their raison d'etre to raise money. It's evil, hateful capitalism - pure and simple. Unfortunately, there're still too many "buyers" of their hate willing to give them financial support. Were it not for the money, however, I doubt Perkins and his minions would continue to thrive as they do.

We need to take away their marketing platform by continually reminding the MSM - print, broadcast and cable - just who and what they are. Starve their fire-breathing rhetoric of legitimate journalistic oxygen and it'll die.

Posted by: HadenoughBS | Jan 18, 2013 1:39:04 PM

13. Remember that - unfortunately - the Religious Right are the base of the Republican Party. As such we are stuck with them:(

Posted by: Diogenes Arktos | Jan 18, 2013 2:18:21 PM

14. I guess by talking about "deceptive lies" he is differentiating from the modern classic "True Lies" starring the governator

Posted by: MaddM@ | Jan 18, 2013 2:37:45 PM

15. I don't know about you, but every time I hear about another gay kid who kills his or her self, it tears the heart right out of me.

But it's music to Tony Perkins' ears because it feeds into his religious beliefs. Dan Savage is right about Tony Perkins, that he gives his sermons from a mount of dead bodies. He is truly evil but he throws the words "Bible" and "Jesus" around so he gets a pass.

Posted by: Caliban | Jan 18, 2013 3:17:32 PM

16. He's just jealous is doesn't get better for religious bigots.

Posted by: Sam | Jan 18, 2013 3:30:36 PM

17. Strange. I'm 63 and still kicking, out and proud, and very happy to be here. So, what "destructive lifestyle" are you referring to Mr. Perkins? BTW, Mr. Perkins, go f*ck yourself.

Posted by: jamal49 | Jan 18, 2013 3:41:43 PM

18. So, Tony, let;s ee if I got this right. You think the "It gets better" mantra is DESTRUCTIVE? Well, thanks a lot you delusional troll.GREAT message you are sending out there! Is this that "pray the gay away" platform? If we don't live our truths, we are doomed? You are a dangerous, sanctimonious person who needs to disappear.Now.

Posted by: thom | Jan 18, 2013 4:00:12 PM

19. Anti-gay Christians lie and are deceptive, Tony must be talking about himself and his cult.

Posted by: Himler | Jan 18, 2013 7:09:38 PM

20. So glad people like him are quickly becoming irrelevant.

Posted by: Anthony | Jan 18, 2013 8:08:45 PM

21. I'm 19 now but was 16 when the 'It Gets Better' campaign started. I was a high school student in Nebraska. Teased every day and depressed all the time and felt very lonely. The It Gets Better videos DID help me. Seeing one of my fav actresses (Anne Hathaway) look directly in that camera as though she was talking right to me and say to stay strong and that she's on our side and that in a few years things will look better DID give me strength. It may not have been the only thing that helped me get through that rough time, bt I swear it helped. I watched the videos every day on my laptop to lift my mood. Now 3 years later, I'm in college, openly out, with a boyfriend, and living in California. It HAS gotten better for me. These bigots are clueless about who we are and what helps us.

Posted by: Charlie | Jan 19, 2013 1:25:09 AM

22. CHARLIE - thanks for the feedback, we all need that.

Posted by: UFFDA | Jan 19, 2013 5:30:57 AM

23. Tony Perkins says something stupid and/or homophobic. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | Jan 19, 2013 4:46:09 PM