Catholic Church | Cincinnati | Education | News | Ohio

BigGayDeal.com

Ohio Catholic School Administrator Fired for Pro-Gay Marriage Blog Post Speaks Out: VIDEO

Moroski

Earlier this week I posted about Mike Moroski, a former administrator at Purcell Marian High School in Cincinnati, Ohio, who was fired by the Archdiocese of Cincinnati after telling him to either recant or lose his job.

ABC News reports:

In order to keep his job, Moroski would also have to create an "action plan" for himself detailing how he planned to live with morality, he said.

"I really, really believe in my conscience and the morals I've developed in my lifetime in the Catholic Church," he said. "I knew from the get-go I wasn't going to take [the post] down."

On Monday he received a phone call telling him he was terminated.

"I definitely never thought I would lose my job over something like this," Moroski said. "I have experienced God more in the past week than my entire life. I feel like I'm on the right track."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I don't really consider myself a Christian, but I think this guy is a hero for doing the right thing in the face of adversity. These are the kinds of actions that can really change things in people's hearts and minds.

I love the last quote from him: "I have experienced God more in the past week than in my entire life."

Posted by: Lucas H | Feb 13, 2013 11:05:31 AM

2. The Catholic Church is the very last organization that should lecture anyone on morality.

Posted by: Steve | Feb 13, 2013 11:38:38 AM

3. Recant? Yeah, because getting Galileo to recant worked so well for them. They never learn.

Posted by: Eric | Feb 13, 2013 12:06:26 PM

4. Guys like him will keep the true religion alive.

Posted by: Mikey | Feb 13, 2013 12:22:22 PM

5. What a sweetheart. A real loss to the school.

Posted by: Glenn I | Feb 13, 2013 1:41:58 PM

6. An incredibly brave man. It's the Mike Moroski's of this world that are going to create change, in particular, in the religious world. Silence breeds complacency which is why these churches enforce the silent treatment so often. We cannot allow that to continue. Make sure to support Mike by sending him thanks on his blog, or his twitter and facebook. Let him know he has the support of millions who have his back.

Posted by: Francis | Feb 14, 2013 2:28:53 AM

7. Catholics are continuing to make themselves a joke of a religion with actions like this. Let them have at it. This man deserves better than that Church.

Posted by: Kyle Markez | Feb 14, 2013 8:15:16 AM