Comments

1. says

Dona eis requiem. Her passing is terribly sad; and we salute her service to her country and to her community. Another sadness is that, yet again, even in this hour, SLDN is inexplicably asserting that, because of DOMA, “her wife Karen is not entitled to survivor’s benefits” which they know not to be true. Even if it’s nothing but sloppy writing, they will again be responsible for this hurtful myth being perpetuated in ensuing report after report on Charlie’s passing.

2. Francis says

RIP Charlie Morgan and I thank you so much for your service and your dedicated fight in bringing awareness to the horrific discriminatory law that is DOMA while being sick. You are a true hero and your death will not be in vain.

3. Gail Trabucco says

RIP Charlie, My wife and I have followed your amazing story.. I too pray DOMA gets repealed. To your wife and daughter, sending warm energy to get you thru this difficult time. Gail and Teka, Concord NH

4. Pog says

She fought to keep America free from terrorist and yet the anti-gay Christian terrorist in America who she protected from terrorist still do not give he and her family the equal and Civil Rights most Americans have today.

5. Icebloo says

Obama needs to personally step in here and make sure this family receive the finanical benefits they are ENTITLED to !

6. Captain Wallace says

I read the title of this Article and I think you got it wrong. The title should be Cancer stricken soldier has died. I knew Charlie very well. I met her in 2010 right before we deployed. She taught the Equal Oppertunity class and I worked for her on the Deployment as a Equal Oppertunity Leader. Charlie wanted equal rights for her partner which is her business and her personal life. I always supported her because that what I felt was right. I respected Charlie because of who she was and not her sexual orientation. She was a Soldier’s Soldier and a friend to all. Chief Warrant Officer Charlie Morgan will be truely missed.

7. Captain Wallace says

Just to be clear Charlie wanted to move towards the day where race, color, sexual orientation and culture didnt matter in the the US Culture. Rest In Paradise Charlie… Your friend Captain Wallace

8. shibby says

I respectfully disagree. While in a perfect world, we would all be measured by the merits of our character and the additional descriptors would be unnecessary, we do not live in a perfect world. In the words of George Takei, “It isn’t helpful to believe or announce that it ‘doesn’t matter’ whether someone else is gay. … So long as there is prejudice and inequality, it will continue to matter.” Being a lesbian or gay doesn’t define who we are, but it is an integral part of our lives. To discount that part of us, especially in a time when we are still subject to the bigoted actions of others, is a disservice to ourselves.

Hopefully, one day we will be able to see the world Charlie envisioned, but we still have a lot of work to do.