Gay West Point Cadet Escorts His Boyfriend to Winter Formal: PHOTOS

Westpoint

From the Facebook page of Knights Out, the West Point alumni support group for LGBT soldiers:

"This, ladies and gentleman, is progress at an Academy in which we can be proud. A member of the Academy's Spectrum group and his boyfriend at Yearling Winter Weekend last weekend."

Technically, Yearlings are sophomores.

Comments

1. Jayson says

As a 58 year old gay man, it warms my heart to see how far we have come. I know we have a ways to go still, however, I have seen many changes for the better.

2. mm says

Don’t be a bunch of prudes! Sex is part of our lives. So while I do find these pictures adorable, I wouldn’t mind seeing these beautiful boys making love!

3. HUH says

Not prudes MM–but why does a heartwarming story about love always have to have “that guy” who has to make a stupid comment about sex or judging them on how f-able they are? There is a time and a place. Our lives are more than just sex, at least that’s what we tell the bigots when they accuse us of it. Don’t give them the satisfaction of proving their point. Just because you think it, doesn’t mean you have to type it.

4. SayTheTruth says

There is still a lot of hatred to overcome (and there will always be), but I am so glad that at last there is some air or normalcy for the gay community. The years ahead will be good, so I hope.

5. NiceRedHead says

In my lifetime, we will go from a nation and a culture that views us as outcasts to be persecuted at every opportunity to accepted and welcome (even if not completely understood or comfortable with us) and EQUAL. As a man who just turned 50, it’s an amazing thing. Makes me grateful – this is one hell of a time to be alive.

6. Jerry6 says

This story reminds me of a close gay friend that died last year in his 90’s. During WW2, he was a Sargiant (sp?) in the Army and the “Friend” of several Officers. When he retired, his “Friends” had him promoted to an Officer Rank so he could have a Higher separation bonus, and entry into Officer’s clubs, and other benefits as a civilian. The Officers drew straws to see which one would pin on his new rank.