Comments

1. ratbastard says

To have pro football players publicly discussing gay rights issues [and to have a Superbowl winner on our side] is priceless. Brendon Ayanbadejo and Don Lemmon have my complete respect and admiration. It’s hard for many average people, it’s especially hard for black guys on several levels, and for black pro athletes and guys in Lemmon’s position it’s more difficult,still.

2. Matt26 says

Oh how wonderful answers, thoughts. Such an intellectual way to make a point. He’s a real, secure and strong man. Thank you for you thoughts and all the best in the future.

3. Paul says

He’s great, and must have a fair share of LGBT friends or family to use wording like “this beautiful almond coconut color that I am” and “our Jackie Robinson.” Things really are changing.

4. Stefan says

I also found it particularly gratifying that the pass interference penalty on Culliver late in the game single-handedly kept the Ravens’ drive alive that resulted in a field goal. Absent that, the option of running down the clock with a safety would not have been an option for Baltimore. He also blew his coverage assignments twice in the first half, and both times resulted in touchdowns by the Ravens. He was arguably the Least Valuable Player.

5. Paul says

Well, maybe Culliver wasn’t at the top of his game because he’d have some trouble sleeping over the past week after learning that being an idiot jerkface doesn’t go over as well as it once did.

6. Pete N SFO says

I gotta say, I absolutely love this quote…
    “I say that this Constitution gives you the right to believe in whatever you want to believe in…Don’t use those same rights to disenfranchise others.”

Why haven’t politicians been able to muster the temerity & intellect that this guy does???

7. MikeInQueens says

Congratulations to Brendon Ayanbadejo on his and his team’s Super Bowl win.

And, thank you, Mr. Ayanbadejo for being such an eloquent spokesperson for LGBT people.

You do us very, very proud.

8. jamal49 says

I am glad for Brendon Ayanbadejo that his team won and he’s got a Super Bowl ring.

Still, I had a problem with his teammate, Ray Lewis, getting any glory at all. But that’s just sour grapes on my part.

Brendon, you are a great man for supporting our community. You and I agree on this: the only way to fight homophobia and the ignorance from which it stems is to educate, educate, educate. It’s the only lasting way to root out bigotry wherever it rears its ugly head.

On an unrelated note, I think SF’s QB, Colin Kaepernick, is hot as hell and he makes me weak at the knees.

9. Scoobie says

Why doesn’t anyone ever call out Matt Birk, the Raven who made openly homophobic comments? While Culliver deserves criticism and Ayabandejo the highest praise, does Birk just get a pass? Why?