Brendon Ayanbadejo | Gay Marriage | News | Super Bowl

Super Bowl Champ Brendon Ayanbadejo for Marriage Equality: VIDEO

B_ayanbadejo

Taking advantage of the momentum from the Super Bowl, the Respect for Marriage Coalition has retooled an interview with Baltimore Ravens linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo that he did last fall for the Marylanders for Marriage campaign into a new video that's getting renewed attention because of the Ravens win.

As always, Ayanbadejo is articulate and his words powerful.

Congrats on your Super Bowl win!

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Thank you for your support!

Posted by: Alex | Feb 4, 2013 6:26:24 PM

2. Such a good guy. So great Baltimore won yesterday.
    Karma!

Posted by: Mike in nyc | Feb 4, 2013 6:28:50 PM

3. So nice to see a decent football player with a brain. Glad they won!

Posted by: Sergio | Feb 4, 2013 6:52:38 PM

4. By the way, Brendon did a really great CNN interview with Don Lemon this morning about marriage equality (which I just happened to catch before I left for work). I haven't checked out youtube to see if anyone's posted it, but he was as articulate and gracious as ever.

Posted by: will | Feb 4, 2013 6:58:21 PM

5. Also, if anyone is interested, this link is Scott Fujita of the Cleveland Browns, a consistent marriage equality advocate, like Brendon, like Chris. A commercial for the cause:

Posted by: will | Feb 4, 2013 7:03:26 PM

6. Brendon is amazing. And how sad to see the SF 49ers being so homophobic. San Francisco, you let us down.

Posted by: jason | Feb 4, 2013 7:19:24 PM

7. Beautiful person.

Posted by: Mel Smith | Feb 4, 2013 7:29:29 PM

8. As a lifelong Bay Area resident, I was sorry to see my 49ers lose. HOWEVER, it was great to see Brendon (a Bay Area native) have a good game, and Chris Culliver get beat on some key plays. Culliver is getting a tough time in the sports pages around here today.

Posted by: Tom | Feb 4, 2013 7:43:20 PM

9. the model of a man

Posted by: t | Feb 4, 2013 7:55:42 PM

10. It's amazing that the Ravens were the pro-equality team, and San Francisco's team was the one littered with bigots -- running, not walking -- away from their "It Gets Better" video. /sigh

The worst part of it all is that I couldn't even root for Baltimore. After all, they have Ray Lewis on their team... and he was involved in someone's murder and basically got away scott free.

Posted by: Ryan | Feb 4, 2013 8:26:24 PM

11. Everytime I see this young man I think how proud his parents should be be.

Posted by: Chevytexas | Feb 4, 2013 8:48:04 PM

12. love him!

Posted by: Reality | Feb 4, 2013 9:58:15 PM

13. I'm a Niner fan but thank goodness for players like him!

Also, it's sooo hard to believe that this guy is 36 years old! THIRTY SIX! I thought he was in his 20s!

Posted by: Nat | Feb 4, 2013 10:38:26 PM

14. Thank you Brendon. Living in San Francisco, I was appalled by the comments of a few of the 49ers. I am so happy for you and the Ravens' victory. It was hard to root against the 49ers, but in reality, you represent our values better than our own team. I'm glad you won.

Posted by: hornlongjohn | Feb 4, 2013 10:54:46 PM

15. Thank you cutie!
    =)

Posted by: George F | Feb 4, 2013 11:19:00 PM

16. Well that didn't take too long (him keeping his promise for using a win to promote marriage equality)!

Posted by: Stefan | Feb 4, 2013 11:36:13 PM

17. Like many previous commentors, I'm also a Niner fan. Sad to see them lose but I'm so glad for the amazing young man's support. Thirty-six years old!? He looks great. Congrats to him. The deserving team won.

Posted by: terry | Feb 4, 2013 11:42:51 PM

18. I love this guy. I am not a football fan but I was cheering him on to win the Superbowl. He deserves it. A great and smart man speaking out for others less fortunate even when it means putting his own reputation at risk.

Posted by: Icebloo | Feb 5, 2013 12:46:36 AM

19. This is the great interview Brendon gave on CNN. This guy is SUPER SMART and ARTICULATE.

Posted by: Icebloo | Feb 5, 2013 12:55:05 AM

20. Thank you, Brendon for everything you've done. I hope your son recovers well in this difficult time for you and your family. My thoughts are with your family.

Posted by: Phillip | Feb 5, 2013 2:18:55 AM