Comments

1. will says

By the way, Brendon did a really great CNN interview with Don Lemon this morning about marriage equality (which I just happened to catch before I left for work). I haven’t checked out youtube to see if anyone’s posted it, but he was as articulate and gracious as ever.

2. Tom says

As a lifelong Bay Area resident, I was sorry to see my 49ers lose. HOWEVER, it was great to see Brendon (a Bay Area native) have a good game, and Chris Culliver get beat on some key plays. Culliver is getting a tough time in the sports pages around here today.

3. Ryan says

It’s amazing that the Ravens were the pro-equality team, and San Francisco’s team was the one littered with bigots — running, not walking — away from their “It Gets Better” video. /sigh

The worst part of it all is that I couldn’t even root for Baltimore. After all, they have Ray Lewis on their team… and he was involved in someone’s murder and basically got away scott free.

4. Nat says

I’m a Niner fan but thank goodness for players like him!

Also, it’s sooo hard to believe that this guy is 36 years old! THIRTY SIX! I thought he was in his 20s!

5. hornlongjohn says

Thank you Brendon. Living in San Francisco, I was appalled by the comments of a few of the 49ers. I am so happy for you and the Ravens’ victory. It was hard to root against the 49ers, but in reality, you represent our values better than our own team. I’m glad you won.

6. terry says

Like many previous commentors, I’m also a Niner fan. Sad to see them lose but I’m so glad for the amazing young man’s support. Thirty-six years old!? He looks great. Congrats to him. The deserving team won.

7. Icebloo says

I love this guy. I am not a football fan but I was cheering him on to win the Superbowl. He deserves it. A great and smart man speaking out for others less fortunate even when it means putting his own reputation at risk.

8. Phillip says

Thank you, Brendon for everything you’ve done. I hope your son recovers well in this difficult time for you and your family. My thoughts are with your family.