Comments

1. ratbastard says

What are the odds this attacker just happened to be up and about at 4AM as Mikey left the house? That’s all, just curious. I’m not saying at all that Mr. Partida was anyway to blame or at fault. I just thought that aspect of the incident stood out. 4AM even in big cities tends to be one of the deadest and most quiet time of the day.

2. Fensox says

Usually I like Ratbastards comments, they generally troll the people here whom I absolutely consider worse.

However, I loathe curious detective work. It allows for a cognitive dismissal of information.

That said it’s refreshing to see hate crime legislation being used accurately.

3. Francis says

Most likely the attacker stayed up throughout the night with the intent to bash Mikey. And that’s what he did. Considering he and his friends say he was harassing Mikey the entire night.

They’re saying the savage attacker is rich and we know how money talks when it comes to defending yourself in legal cases. Hopefully this attacker is locked up for a long time.

Hate crimes against our community aren’t going down but more people are speaking out against them and refuse to be silenced. Respect to Mikey Partida for speaking out, while still in the hospital. That’s having strength. And good to see he has the support of his community and family.

4. ratbastard says

“I loathe curious detective work. It allows for a cognitive dismissal of information.”

FENSOX

C’mon fensox, we aren’t supposed to question anything? And what’s a cognitive dismissal of information? You mean my question detracted from the homophobic assault?

5. Chriso says

I don’t understand how someone can do this. And why are the cops waiting for an arrest? They know where the suspect lives, or do they think Mikey Partida did this to himself? What about protecting the victim?

This unsettles me to the core. Self-defense classes should be the norm for us, because the only way this ends is when we start fighting back.

6. Gigi says

@RAT[troll]BASTARD If you’d bothered to read the article it stated that the “suspect had harassed Partida before the attack took place…” Perhaps you should leave the detective work to the professionals.

7. ratbastard says

@GiGi,

Thank you, I did read the whole story. So the guy stayed up until 4AM in order to continue harassing and assaulting Mikey? That’s some hardcore hate right there.

I’m sure police are also curious about this part of the story.

DISCLAIMER:

I AM NOT SAYING OR EVEN IMPLYING MIKEY IS RESPONSIBLE IN ANY WAY FOR HIS ASSAULT. Don’t get your panties in a bunch.

8. Billy Crytical says

Terrible. I am wishing for his full recovery. I agree, learning self-defense is a must for gay people. In 2007, Towleroad reported two different incidents where gay men beat up their attrackers. I haven’t heard any stories like that since. And they both took boxing or martial arts training.

9. millerbeach says

Go for the eyes, boys…go for the eyes. Every time, go for the eyes. Claw them out if you have to, but go for the eyes. They can’t do sh*t if they can’t see. Time for playing nice is over. @ratbastard, you can take your dime-store “detective” work and shove it up your arse. Did you see the photo of this man? Did you? Did you notice all that blood? I don’t give a rat’s ass what time of day it was or wasn’t, NO ONE deserves to be beaten like that. NO ONE, not even gay men. Self-loathing trolls bring about this type of behavior. YOU ARE UNDERMINING OUR COMMUNITY WITH YOUR IGNORANT POSTS. Stop it. It does not help anyone, and it only makes you look bad.

10. GaeilgeSpraoi says

Homphobe, even if he did flirt with him it does not give him an excuse to beat him up! Judging my the name you chose and the language you used you’re obviously nothing but a neanderthal yourself.