Chris Hayes | Gay Marriage | News | Republican Party

BigGayDeal.com

MSNBC's Chris Hayes and Panel Look at CPAC and the GOP's Trajectory on Gay Rights, Marriage: VIDEO

Hayes

MSNBC's Chris Hayes and his panel took a lengthy look at CPAC and the GOP's trajectory on same-sex marriage over the weekend.

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

1. Chris is cute.

Posted by: Adam | Mar 4, 2013 12:53:47 PM

2. Chris is freaking adorkable. I try to wake up early on weekends just to watch UP, and he keeps me up alright. (But for sure, if he weren't so smart and UP not the best political roundtable show anywhere, it would not be nearly as appealing to me.)

Posted by: Zlick | Mar 4, 2013 1:39:48 PM

3. I love his show. He's smart and informed. He also brings in people with different points of view who talk intelligently (not just scream talking points past each other). I set my DVR every weekend morning so I don't miss it.

But...it bothers me that the media takes GOProud seriously. The gay conservative group is Log Cabin Republicans. GOProud is astroturf. The majority of it's board are straight people and other than the board no one seems to know of anyone that belongs to it. They have their events in small rooms. The 2012 event had far more press than attendees. It's an invented group to make the GOP look less anti-gay. There's no reason for the media to take it seriously and yet they do. Chris is smart enough to know better.

Posted by: Houndentenor | Mar 4, 2013 1:49:56 PM

4. Chris Hayes is something of an idiot (buys into junk science, yaps constantly about issues which are framed to appeal to low-info audience members' emotions) but even a broken clock is right twice a day. He brings out my inner bully- I want to stuff him in a locker.

Posted by: David Hearne | Mar 4, 2013 2:09:26 PM

5. 24% of conservatives support marriage equality? The same percentage as all polled Americans in 1990? You mean the GOP is 20 years behind the country as a whole? Well color me shocked. As for round tables, McLaughlin Group or gtfo. Chris Hayes is rather doughy.

Posted by: JT | Mar 4, 2013 2:09:39 PM

6. David, you sound like a horrible person.

Posted by: Gregoire | Mar 4, 2013 2:12:14 PM

7. Gregoire -

I am a horrible person. I have almost no patience with idiots who jibber jabber about Global Warming, who think a $4 a gallon gasoline tax would be just peachy, who have no respect for the first and second amendments, and who think that giving amnesty to 12 million illegals would benefit this country.

Posted by: David Hearne | Mar 4, 2013 2:29:38 PM

8. the CPAC lineup makes it incredibly clear that what matters most to them is continuing to court the absolute stupidest members of an already largely stupid base.

Coulter? Gingrich? Santorum? Palin? Romney?

Hi, it's a collection of all the reasons the GOP is the party of Stupid Bigotry.

for the GOP to finally give up its ongoing anti-Equality stances leaves a big void. they need a GAYS! wedge issue to distract their plebeian masses from the realities of their fiscal and healthcare policies.

altough, as Troll Hearne points out, they're also so stupid that they believe climate change isn't real, and that evolution is a lie.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Mar 4, 2013 2:33:24 PM

9. Ignore David. He calls others idiots, but he sounds like the idiot.

Posted by: Emmy | Mar 4, 2013 2:43:31 PM

10. I'm surprised no one corrected NOM"s claim that they ousted three of the four state senators in NY who voted for gay marriage. The three were jailed or otherwise removed because of their wrong doing They were NOT ousted in the next election by voters.

In fact NOM failed spectacularly in failing to oust any of the four.

Posted by: Randy | Mar 4, 2013 2:43:44 PM

11. Chris Hayes is brilliant. So is Melissa Harris Perry. So is Rachel Maddow.

The whole damn MSNBC is brilliant. They helped win a presidential election, dammit.

Posted by: Derrick from Phill | Mar 4, 2013 2:51:20 PM

12. Where the hell is Phill? It aint in Pennsylvania.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Mar 4, 2013 2:55:46 PM

13. Yep, I loves me the MSNBC gang, and hope the new trend of Chris subbing in for Lawrence O'Donnell on his nights off holds up.

Posted by: Zlick | Mar 4, 2013 3:41:58 PM

14. I hope that the GOP doesn't get it right on Gay Issues. That would cause us, the progressives, to lose the support of those rich gays and their friends who don't favor an economically just society in which those who prosper more are expected to contribute more. After all, since the children of the lower and lower middle classes are expected to disproportionately serve in our nation's military, the rich should be expected to disproportionately open their wallets to pay our nations expenses,

Posted by: andrew | Mar 4, 2013 11:07:30 PM

15. Chris Hayes is the best man in cable news! His shows really take the issues on in a way beyond that of the regular news cycle. Not to mention the guest and accompanying dialogue that occurs is so informative.

Posted by: anony6 | Mar 4, 2013 11:27:23 PM

16. Andrew, you use the gay community for votes. That is insulting. What's more insulting is, the only time you are actually pro gay is when it involves voting for democrats. I am a lifelong democrat but I see the calculating ploy by your kind. You have repeatedly pretended homophobia doesn't exist, and shoot down concerns of homophobia by gay people. YOU are what I'd call a social conservative (especially toward gay people) and a fiscal liberal. That to me is just as bad as anything I can think of.
    Your post reek of self hate.

Posted by: J.R | Mar 5, 2013 2:09:55 AM

17. The Human Rights Campaign is a front.

Posted by: David Hearne | Mar 5, 2013 11:50:01 AM