Comments

1. Brian says

I think kids are our best weapon in these sorts of events. The bigots always blab about how horrible this issue is for kids, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a kid testify against gay marriage. You have a bunch of bright children making a very forceful and emotional plea for their families to be treated fairly, vs a lineup of crazy old people who can never explain why they care about this issue, and all they have going for them is they have plenty of time on their hands to sit through hearings looking deranged.

2. Seph says

The message of Jesus is simple: God loves everyone without exception or reservation. ~ Rev. Dr. Jane Shaw

Children are not born with hatred, but taught with hatred. I salute Matthew Lannon’s parents for teaching him about Love.

3. Bryan says

Look at that sad lineup of old bigots with their rickety signs and long slobbering faces! Out with the old, in with the new! God bless this sixth grader for simplifying reality to them.

4. simon says

The was a dad who bought his daughter and tried to make her say marriage is between a man and a woman. The little girl seemed to be too embarrassed to say anything. It was a total failure. My only concern is he was going to beat her up once they were home.

5. Mark says

The bigot line-up is filled with really old and/or severely obese people who won’t be around for much longer, what do they care!

Hate to the bitter end, what a way to go out.

6. UFFDA says

SIMON: “The was a dad who bought his…”? you might have at least finished in your own language, maybe: “his doter and try to make hur sey marege…”

7. Greg says

That photo and Matthew’s AMAZING testimony shows why we will win in the end…
    The older generation of haters is dying off and the new generation of kids who know us and accept us is rising! Thank you, Matthew…you brought tears to my eyes!

8. I wont grow up says

There’s only one word “WOW”.
    This young man is amazing, If only half the kids in this country were raised a well as him, what a wonderful world this would be. Matthew is the very embodiment of love.

9. Lars says

The saddest part of his testimony is when he explains how they have to keep coming back, year after year, trying to persuade a bunch of old bigots that their family is legitimate.

As inspiring as a lot of the testimony is at these sorts of hearings, it pisses me off that we are forced to beg and plead, to approach on our knees with cap in hand, all in a (often) vain attempt to be treated equally. It’s degrading and dehumanizing.

10. Ray T. says

I am an 85 YO Gay man. Imagine a life time of being Gay and living in a world populated with these now tired old f*rts. Visualize a world where if a person like me fell in love we risked spending our lives in prison or an insane asylum. Fight on, victory is in sight! To see a boy like that from a Gay home join the fight for our freedom brings tears to my eyes. I feel I have years to go before I sleep, but when that time comes I will die a happy man saying as Dr. King suggested, “Free at last, free at last, thank God all mighty we are free at last.”