Gay Marriage | Kamala Harris | Proposition 8 | Rachel Maddow | Supreme Court

BigGayDeal.com

Rachel Maddow Speaks with California AG Kamala Harris About Yesterday's SCOTUS Prop. 8 Arguments: VIDEO

Maddowmore

Earlier this morning I posted a segment from last night's Rachel Maddow show about the Prop 8 arguments.

Here's another, in which she goes much further into the arguments, and is joined by California Attorney General Kamala Harris.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Harris_maddow

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

1. Harris hit the nail on the head: Waiting is not benign. In the letter from the Birmingham jail, MLK wrote: "For years now I have heard the word 'Wait!' It rings in the ear of every Negro with a piercing familiarity. This 'wait' has almost always meant 'never.'"
    I'll be 55 next month. I've waited too long for civil rights already. This is not a fair argument. Civil rights issues aren't just about society as a whole. They're about individuals. Peoples lifetimes are passing by while they wait for a time they think suits society as a whole.

Posted by: matt | Mar 27, 2013 12:35:17 PM

2. She didn't answer the question, should marriage rights for same sex couples be up for a vote in the first place.

Posted by: Edd | Mar 27, 2013 12:48:02 PM

3. Rachel and Kamala are both scumbags when it comes to the First Amendment and the Second Amendment. There is little to be proud of in these two.

Posted by: David Hearne | Mar 27, 2013 5:55:12 PM

4. Just as my parent's had little to be proud of in me. No matter how much I hate women and liberals and blacks and other gays, my family still wishes they'd just taken folks' advice and drowned me in a well.

Posted by: David Hearne | Mar 27, 2013 6:02:08 PM

5. Punch me in the face please.

Posted by: David Hearne | Mar 27, 2013 11:06:10 PM

6. Seriously, punch me in the face. It can't get uglier.

Posted by: David Hearne | Mar 27, 2013 11:57:03 PM

7. @Edd

Sure she did. She said earlier that it was a fundamental right and that we were talking about depriving people of a fundamental right. Rachel asked her a two part question and she answered the second, and actually, more significant in the actual context, and Rachel asked followup questions so they never got back to it.

It's not like she dodged the question, or that there's any indication that she wouldn't have said it's not right to vote on if that had been a one-part question.

Posted by: Lymis | Mar 28, 2013 7:01:23 AM