Cyndi Lauper | Jay Leno | News | Theatre

BigGayDeal.com

Cyndi Lauper Talks 'Kinky Boots' with Jay Leno: VIDEO

Lauper_leno

Last night Cyndi Lauper appeared on The Tonight Show to talk about her new musical Kinky Boots (read our theatre critic Naveen Kumar's review HERE if you missed it) as well as a new tour she's doing in which she'll sing the entire She's So Unusual album beginning to end to celebrate its 30th anniversary.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Can't wait to see Kinky Boots! So far the reviews are GREAT!! So happy that Cyndi is getting so attention! Ms. Lauper is a legend and a very talented singer/songwriter but most importantly Cyndi is a GREAT friend of our Community! Much sucess to her with Kinky Boots!

Posted by: Josh | Apr 13, 2013 6:57:51 PM

2. LOVE her

Posted by: Dan | Apr 13, 2013 8:02:56 PM

3. I don't know what this says about me - but I can totally follow her scatter brain train of thought. She somehow turned a congressmen calling her attractive into a rant about the priests and their smoking purses.

She is still so unusual. I just adore her.

Posted by: Thomas | Apr 13, 2013 8:12:00 PM

4. the clintons took chelsea to see rent way back when. i remember thinking that was a very normal thing for a parent to do with a teenage girl so it stuck in my memory

Posted by: woody | Apr 13, 2013 8:37:29 PM

5. On the strength of "Time After Time Alone" she deserves to be on the Top 40 Greatest Songwriters of All Time

Posted by: Manny Espinola | Apr 14, 2013 12:24:25 AM

6. Bring Ya to The Brink was a great dance album! Too bad her record company refused to promote her music long time ago but it's inspiring to see that she keeps on going! Her Blues Album was number One for 14 weeks! Ms. Lauper is the real deal....very unusual but so real and had done so much for our Community! Going to see her in concert in San Diego!!

Posted by: Josh | Apr 14, 2013 12:58:31 AM

7. I'm pleased to hear she'll be singing more than 5 songs on her tour. I dropped a huge chunk of change on a ticket to the White Party in Miami, a few years back, and her "concert" at Vizcaya was just one set.

I literally missed the whole thing, cuz I was making out with some dude at the back of the crowd.

Posted by: FFS | Apr 14, 2013 2:52:23 AM

8. "Kinky Boots" is terrific. It is everything musical theater should be and more. The closing number for act one ("Everyone Say Yeah") is spectacular - best (and most original) choreography I've seen on Broadway in a long long time. This is a terrific show for everyone and the night I was there the audience absolutely loved it.

Posted by: ThomT | Apr 14, 2013 11:37:08 AM

9. Kinky Boots is amazing and her songbook is one of the greatest in american music history.

you haven't lived 'til you've seen her live on stage. WERK!

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Apr 14, 2013 5:18:46 PM

10. Can't wait to see Kinky Boots!! The reviews are AWESOME!! and yes seeing Cyndi in concert is a MUST!! Girl can really SING!

Posted by: Josh | Apr 14, 2013 5:58:29 PM

11. for those who like insane vocals, check out Cyndi's cover of the Hedwig track "Midnight Radio"

AMAAAAAAZING!

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Apr 14, 2013 6:04:48 PM

12. Midnight Radio is one of her best!! Amaaaaaaazing vocals!! Not too many singers can sing like her!

Posted by: Josh | Apr 14, 2013 7:34:28 PM