Gay Marriage | Gay Wedding | New York | News

Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Dan and Eric

Osgood_wedding

Dan and Eric got married in NYC on February 15. Katie Osgood, their photographer, wanted to do something a bit different for them. So she went stop-motion.

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

She explains:

DanericWhen Dan and Eric got into NYC a few days before the wedding I wanted to meet them in real life, so we met up for some beers. It was then that I told them about my idea to shoot a few scenes for a potential stop-action movie. Nothing too crazy, but I wanted see how a wedding day would translate through a quirky stop-action sequence. They were down and better yet, they totally trusted me.

So why all of a sudden did I want to try this out after so long? I’ll tell you— I’ve been shooting weddings since 2006, the last 3 years of which have been full-time. When it all started I thought I had to take ‘wedding style’ photographs. What does even that mean?! At the time, to me, it meant I had to shoot brides and grooms dip kissing each other and couples arbitrarily walking through a park in clothes that were way too fancy for the occasion. In short, I felt like there was my ‘wedding work’ which was mildly fake and contrived and then this other stuff I did.

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Katie explains that she used 94.7% of the images shot on their wedding day, which you can see separately here.

Congrats guys!

Don't miss our other recent Gay Wedding videos...
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Wesley and Jonathan [tlrd]
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Jackson and Kwesi [tlrd]
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: David and TreDarrius [tlrd]
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Patrick and Sébastien [tlrd]
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Randy and Allen [tlrd]

Comments

1. That was terrific. Congratulations to both of them.

Posted by: David in Houston | Apr 8, 2013 6:27:38 PM

2. So beautiful. Congrats to Dan and Eric on getting married :)

Posted by: Francis #1 | Apr 8, 2013 6:34:46 PM

3. So sweet. I love a great gay wedding video full of love.

Posted by: john | Apr 8, 2013 7:11:56 PM

4. I'm crying tears of joy as I watched this. Dan and Eric: I wish you many years of love and companionship.

Posted by: Carlos | Apr 8, 2013 7:29:14 PM

5. so simple. so wonderful. just love, friends, and family. and wine. great video.

Posted by: jason | Apr 8, 2013 8:27:19 PM

6. I LOVED WATCHING IT AND I WISH THE MEN EVERY HAPPINESS!

- but I offer 2 suggestions to Katie
    1- next time, go a bit slower, as those of us who are parents' age will follow it more easily
    2- sorry, the music was not at all joyous or romantic, it made the visual busier, not calmer

Posted by: Bob | Apr 8, 2013 9:55:26 PM

7. Stop action...OK...but stop it now and then so we can look at the men and some of the scenes. Then go again. We need some relief from the freneticness of it all.

Posted by: UFFDA | Apr 8, 2013 10:36:17 PM

8. likely the least crappy of the ones youve shown - most are so sappy and meh
    this less so
    a bit too much of the same - they seem to never stop doing that stupid little kiss number - but whatever -
    generally less puke worthy than most of this type

Posted by: jw | Apr 8, 2013 10:43:36 PM

9. Probably an unpopular thought
    -- but I think that Gay men understand men better than the woman who made this. All the emphasis stopping to kissy face tended to come across as making them less serious

Posted by: Bob | Apr 9, 2013 2:20:25 AM

10. You guys are awesome! I would never get such genuinely honest comments on a wedding blog. Albiet, it's not the easiest thing in the world to be critiqued— but valid feedback for sure.

If I make another I'll certainly take these comments to heart. That said, being a part of Dan and Eric's wedding was one of my top wedding photography experiences so far.

Thanks for watching and thanks again for the honest thoughts :)

Posted by: Katie (video maker ^) | Apr 9, 2013 8:01:11 AM

11. Very cute and exactly how I would want my wedding. I did not agree at all with the top wedding videos list that towleroad did a few months ago - this one is sin the top 3 for me.
    Congrats to the happy couple.

Posted by: Kevin | Apr 9, 2013 9:51:58 AM

12. @ JW and Bob,

What a pair of bitter witches!

Inconsequential comments all the way. Have a gallon of Ice cream to see if the bitterness goes away!

Posted by: ElCid | Apr 9, 2013 5:26:09 PM

13. @jw -- look in the mirror for the bitter person, not for the people who are entitled to have opinions of how the video came off.
    Presumably, ALL of us are happy for the couple, but we are not required to be thrilled with her video

Posted by: Bob | Apr 9, 2013 7:18:16 PM

14. Katie,

The video was different in a good way, maybe it isn't for everyone but I don't think you should change a thing about it or your creative process. Well Done!

And Congrats to the happy couple!

Posted by: jason | Apr 9, 2013 7:44:41 PM

15. I've watched this about 10 times now. I want Katie to photograph my wedding!

Posted by: Patrick | Apr 10, 2013 10:33:36 AM

16. @Jason — thanks man <3

@Patrick — you just made my day! :))))

Posted by: Katie (video maker ^) | Apr 12, 2013 10:32:59 AM