Comments

1. Zlick says

Yeah, the son is totally cute. If Jeremy decides, for some bizarre reason, not to marry his own son – I’ll take a shot at him.

One of the funniest Colbert bits yet. Bravo.

2. Chris Vogel says

A remarkably stupid thing to say, since all canon and civil law governing marriage, whether same-sex marriage is allowed or not, prohibits marriage between those too closely related, such as parent and child. Presumably, then, this is what prevents heterosexual men from marrying their daughters to gain whatever advantage Irons refers to. His assertion is, nevertheless, typical of those by opponents of same-sex marriage, who prefer hysteria and foolishness to reality.

3. says

“A remarkably stupid thing to say, since all canon and civil law governing marriage, whether same-sex marriage is allowed or not, prohibits marriage between those too closely related, such as parent and child.” Thank you, Chris Vogel. People need to realize this and stop spreading hateful hysteria.

4. Clayton says

I’ve had a crush on Jeremy Irons ever since “The French Lieutenant’s Woman.” It went away this week, only to be replaced by my crush on Colbert. The man is a f***ing genius! Sexy in an uber-nerd kind of way, and funny as hell. Funny and sexy is my favorite combination.

5. jeff says

Did anyone else get the feeling that Irons was completely stoned and mashing on about crap? I mean really. He sounded like he had just sparked up a fatty.

6. Bill says

I don’t think anyone cares what Irons thinks, but his attempt to sound “intellectual” was hilarious. You’d have to be an actor to keep a straight face while spouting that nonsense.