Couples | Gay Marriage | Nate Berkus | News

Nate Berkus and Jeremiah Brent are Engaged

Brent_berkus
(instagram)

TV personality and interior designer Nate Berkus and former Rachel Zoe assistant Jeremiah Brent are engaged, Us magazine reports:

The pair, who have been dating for 8 1/2 months, made it official atop Machu Picchu in Peru on Monday, April 8 -- and are excited for the next chapter of their lives together.

TV personality and interior designer Berkus, 41, was the one to pop the question to Brent during their trip to Peru, Berkus' rep confirms to Us. Brent was completely surprised -- the couple was originally traveling as part of a shopping trip with One Kings Lane for a designer sale project Berkus is working on for the site.

Comments

1. Eight months and already engaged? That's pretty damn fast, and I'd say that about a hetero couple as well.

Posted by: Jerry | Apr 10, 2013 9:29:59 AM

2. Cue the divorce in 3, 2, 1...

Posted by: sean | Apr 10, 2013 9:35:42 AM

3. Atop Machu Picchu? Cheesy.

Posted by: kodiak | Apr 10, 2013 9:37:12 AM

4. Atop Machu Picchu? Cheesy.

Posted by: kodiak | Apr 10, 2013 9:37:14 AM

5. Good to know I wasn't the only one to furrow my brow at 8 1/2 months. Personally, I couldn't even consider marrying someone until after being together for at least 5 years.

That being said, everyone is not me and I do wish them well and hope they have a long happy marriage.

Posted by: Derrick | Apr 10, 2013 9:39:42 AM

6. Best wishes for a world of happiness, enduring love, and a long journey together. Congratulations on your engagement guys, I am so delighted for you!

Posted by: Paul | Apr 10, 2013 9:48:03 AM

7. Congrats to both.

Posted by: Hank | Apr 10, 2013 9:49:00 AM

8. I don't know them but they look great together and who knows they could have known they wanted to be together forever from the first moment they met.
    Let's not knock them because of Machu Picchu or any other reason......let's support them and be happy for them as being able to exercise their rights in these years after "the great sullenness"....as Gore Vidal said.

I wish them well......
    Have great happiness !

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Apr 10, 2013 9:58:03 AM

9. They are engaged engagement They could remain engaged for years.

Posted by: Kim | Apr 10, 2013 10:06:58 AM

10. They look good together, and I don't simply mean that they are both good looking. I mean that they both seem equally into it. In so many of these photos and vids we see here on Towleroad, it just seems that one half of the couple is a lot more emotionally needy. It's a look of fear. Both of these guys have a look of confidence.

Posted by: David Hearne | Apr 10, 2013 10:07:30 AM

11. Love deserves to be celebrated. If this feels right to them, then it's right for them. Period. Congratulations. You're both very handsome and are productive individuals who represent the gay community in a positive way.

Posted by: Bart | Apr 10, 2013 10:09:25 AM

12. Nothing bores me more than those "stylist" gays like them, who always have perfect house, perfect bodies, perfect clothes, yada yada. Oh well, wish the couple all the happiness.

Posted by: jeremyrain | Apr 10, 2013 10:12:08 AM

13. Engaged doesn't=married.

Congrats to the happy pair, they do look perfect together :)

Posted by: Francis #1 | Apr 10, 2013 10:22:50 AM

14. awe that's nice. i hope he comes back with something.

Posted by: NE1 | Apr 10, 2013 10:24:17 AM

15. yeah, but at 8 months with nate's being 41, that could be a biological clock thing...kids and all. new world order, folks. await baby news in another 8 months.

Posted by: shane | Apr 10, 2013 10:53:17 AM

16. Nate isn't getting any younger so 8 months seems reasonable. That photo is already looking like a father and son moment.

Posted by: John | Apr 10, 2013 10:59:30 AM

17. Nate deserves a happy relationship after losing his partner in the 2004 tsunami. To get past that is a real achievement.

Posted by: Don | Apr 10, 2013 11:19:23 AM

18. Awesome! I knew the first time I talked to my partner that he was the one, we got married 11 months after we met, that was ten years ago. So let's all be happy for them, okay? Sometimes loves just takes you like that.

Posted by: Grant H. | Apr 10, 2013 11:38:13 AM

19. kodiak, have you ever been to Machu Picchu? No? Then don't knock something you know nothing about. It is spectacularly beautiful and, yes, it is a very romantic spot to get engaged. Congrats to Mr. Berkus and Mr. Brent on their engagement.

What I can't believe are some of the pissy comments being left here by some obviously embittered and jealous queens.

Posted by: jamal49 | Apr 10, 2013 11:51:56 AM

20. Nate has had a couple of well-publicized 'serious', magazine-spread relationships since the tragic death of Fernando Bengoechea. Obviously those didn't last.

When a magazine gets an exclusive on an engagement, the engaged along with publicists have cooperated, maybe even pitched the story.

US Weekly exclusive? They've invited the criticism.

That said, I wish them the best.

Posted by: Mitch | Apr 10, 2013 12:15:09 PM

21. Congrats! they make a gorgeous couple!

I also can't help but notice that the comments on this site are often ripe with bitterness. I hope you all find happiness in your life as well. For me sometimes seeing others happy makes me happy.

Posted by: Mercedes | Apr 10, 2013 12:16:25 PM

22. People really think that an eight and a half month relationship is too short before getting engaged?!?!?

I think they're forgetting that the engagement could last an extended period before getting married.

I married my wife after just one week and we were married for fifty years and had eight kids before getting divorced (at which point we both realized we were gay).

Posted by: American Dreamer | Apr 10, 2013 12:19:04 PM

23. Congratulations are due. It is not easy to start-again after the tragic loss of a partner and I commend Berkus for even trying. It's not the length of time that is important but the depth of the relationship. I wish them all the best. (to hell with the snide and the naysayers)

Posted by: Alex Parrish | Apr 10, 2013 12:35:51 PM

24. Nate is looking older. He's doing a disservice to fellow Virgos, who hold on to their youthful good looks. I like his Target line. All the best with your marriage.

Posted by: GB | Apr 10, 2013 3:23:57 PM

25. Nate is looking older. He's doing a disservice to fellow Virgos, who hold on to their youthful good looks. I like his Target line. All the best with your marriage.

Posted by: GB | Apr 10, 2013 3:23:59 PM