Nate Berkus and Jeremiah Brent are Engaged

Brent_berkus
(instagram)

TV personality and interior designer Nate Berkus and former Rachel Zoe assistant Jeremiah Brent are engaged, Us magazine reports:

The pair, who have been dating for 8 1/2 months, made it official atop Machu Picchu in Peru on Monday, April 8 — and are excited for the next chapter of their lives together.

TV personality and interior designer Berkus, 41, was the one to pop the question to Brent during their trip to Peru, Berkus' rep confirms to Us. Brent was completely surprised — the couple was originally traveling as part of a shopping trip with One Kings Lane for a designer sale project Berkus is working on for the site.

Comments

1. Derrick says

Good to know I wasn’t the only one to furrow my brow at 8 1/2 months. Personally, I couldn’t even consider marrying someone until after being together for at least 5 years.

That being said, everyone is not me and I do wish them well and hope they have a long happy marriage.

2. Paul says

Best wishes for a world of happiness, enduring love, and a long journey together. Congratulations on your engagement guys, I am so delighted for you!

3. says

I don’t know them but they look great together and who knows they could have known they wanted to be together forever from the first moment they met.
    Let’s not knock them because of Machu Picchu or any other reason……let’s support them and be happy for them as being able to exercise their rights in these years after “the great sullenness”….as Gore Vidal said.

I wish them well……
    Have great happiness !

4. David Hearne says

They look good together, and I don’t simply mean that they are both good looking. I mean that they both seem equally into it. In so many of these photos and vids we see here on Towleroad, it just seems that one half of the couple is a lot more emotionally needy. It’s a look of fear. Both of these guys have a look of confidence.

5. Bart says

Love deserves to be celebrated. If this feels right to them, then it’s right for them. Period. Congratulations. You’re both very handsome and are productive individuals who represent the gay community in a positive way.

6. jeremyrain says

Nothing bores me more than those “stylist” gays like them, who always have perfect house, perfect bodies, perfect clothes, yada yada. Oh well, wish the couple all the happiness.

7. shane says

yeah, but at 8 months with nate’s being 41, that could be a biological clock thing…kids and all. new world order, folks. await baby news in another 8 months.

8. Grant H. says

Awesome! I knew the first time I talked to my partner that he was the one, we got married 11 months after we met, that was ten years ago. So let’s all be happy for them, okay? Sometimes loves just takes you like that.

9. jamal49 says

kodiak, have you ever been to Machu Picchu? No? Then don’t knock something you know nothing about. It is spectacularly beautiful and, yes, it is a very romantic spot to get engaged. Congrats to Mr. Berkus and Mr. Brent on their engagement.

What I can’t believe are some of the pissy comments being left here by some obviously embittered and jealous queens.

10. Mitch says

Nate has had a couple of well-publicized ‘serious’, magazine-spread relationships since the tragic death of Fernando Bengoechea. Obviously those didn’t last.

When a magazine gets an exclusive on an engagement, the engaged along with publicists have cooperated, maybe even pitched the story.

US Weekly exclusive? They’ve invited the criticism.

That said, I wish them the best.

11. Mercedes says

Congrats! they make a gorgeous couple!

I also can’t help but notice that the comments on this site are often ripe with bitterness. I hope you all find happiness in your life as well. For me sometimes seeing others happy makes me happy.

12. American Dreamer says

People really think that an eight and a half month relationship is too short before getting engaged?!?!?

I think they’re forgetting that the engagement could last an extended period before getting married.

I married my wife after just one week and we were married for fifty years and had eight kids before getting divorced (at which point we both realized we were gay).

13. Alex Parrish says

Congratulations are due. It is not easy to start-again after the tragic loss of a partner and I commend Berkus for even trying. It’s not the length of time that is important but the depth of the relationship. I wish them all the best. (to hell with the snide and the naysayers)

14. GB says

Nate is looking older. He’s doing a disservice to fellow Virgos, who hold on to their youthful good looks. I like his Target line. All the best with your marriage.

15. GB says

16. Telling says

Love how Nate is looking “adoringly” at Jeremiah…while Jeremiah looks “adoringly” at the camera…lol…2-3 years tops (pun not intended because neither of them is!)

17. jonny says

Wow… what a bunch of bitter pissy jealous queens there are making comments. All the best to the couple, whether they last or not Congrats to them, lets celebrate their happiness.

18. jim says

8.5 months wouldn’t be long enough for me (gotta see him in all 4 seasons is my rule), but I don’t think it’s too short a time for people. My parents were engaged within a couple months of meeting (there was no pregnancy involved), married shortly thereafter, and have been married over 55 years. Sometimes you just know it’s right.

19. Ben@pr says

I remember when he was boyfriend of Bally shoes Head Designer Brian Atwood. Both of them really successful and well established in their fields and also around the same age. But Brian lives in Milan, Italy and that must have taken a toll on the relationship. Now this guy on the other hand aspiring stylist and so young. Not successful in his own right. Just sayin’.