Fashion Men | Music | News

A Nasty Pig Break: VIDEO

Nastypig

The gay-owned Chelsea-based clothing company Nasty Pig drops its latest lookbook/music video, which features a runaway pitbull, some playground calisthenics, and a happy ending.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Featuring Matthew Camp, Frankie Sharp, Roze Black, Xander, Juliana Huxtable, Abel Ljoka, Mike Espinosa, Justin Holmes, Eve Anthony, Gabriel Joseph Anthony, Jared Conner, Adam Capuano, Stefon Tadlock, Kayrizz, Roc'well, Blake Lloyd.

Directed by @lilinternet, who directed Diplo's "Express Yourself" video.

2_nastypig

Comments

1. best. jockstraps. ever.

i have like three dozen of 'em.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | May 16, 2013 1:28:52 PM

2. My wife swears by this label.

Posted by: David Hearne | May 16, 2013 1:36:32 PM

3. LOL. People really dress like that? Like a time warp from a '90s music video?

Posted by: CVP | May 16, 2013 1:46:38 PM

4. Really, these clothes sell in 2013? Not feelin' it.

Posted by: Jack M | May 16, 2013 2:36:44 PM

5. Sexy!

Posted by: Phillip | May 16, 2013 2:43:51 PM

6. Hey, look , the circus is in town!

Posted by: Gil | May 16, 2013 2:44:35 PM

7. Was in this store on my last trip to NYC and found the guys working there to be really rude. Was with someone I was dating and they were immediately attracted to him but completely ignored me. It's up to them how they run their business but if someone had even said "hi" to me they probably could have made a sale. Instead they flocked around my BF and we both left pretty disgusted.

Posted by: Randy | May 16, 2013 2:57:20 PM

8. Matthew Camp is the most beautiful boy in the world.

Posted by: peterparker | May 16, 2013 3:11:27 PM

9. Matthew Camp is the most beautiful boy in the world.

Posted by: peterparker | May 16, 2013 3:11:30 PM

10. It's a silly video that's cute to watch. However, that whole mid-90's chelsea "thug" look was played back then and is overplayed today. I call it clown wear.

Think it's a case of the designers being stuck in that period of their prime. Seems to be the case with most gay men as they age. They get stuck in that one look that worked at the peak of their hotness.

Posted by: Jack | May 16, 2013 3:16:53 PM

11. This thing that now seems to be entrenched in our culture [not just the gay subculture] of guys needing to appear 'hard' with tons of tattoos to show off, 'masculine' clothing [i.e. wifebeaters,etc.,], swaggering around with pits, and just plain 'attitude', i.e. swag, is really getting on my effing nerves. I'm not just picking on these guys,either.

And some claim they're rude at their store? This would surprise anyone? A gay clothing store based in Chelsea NYC where the staff have attitude and are rude? Call me jaded, no I'm not surprised. I'd be surprised if they weren't.

Posted by: ratbastard | May 16, 2013 3:22:24 PM

12. It drives me crazy to be at a leather event or bar and see guys in these chaps.

Posted by: Bollux | May 16, 2013 3:33:34 PM

13. I'm really curious as to how men who inked themselves up all thru the 90's and 2000's are feeling as they age with these works? I've yet to come across a man in his 50's+ who's tats look sexy or hot...and I'm in my mid-40's.

How do others feel?

Posted by: John B. | May 16, 2013 3:34:54 PM

14. Hot video but the fashion sucks.

Posted by: mikep | May 16, 2013 3:36:16 PM

15. Bollux-

I agree. It's the difference between wearing a plain t-shirt (sexy) and wearing a t-shirt with branding all over it (A&F, AE, etc..).

ha!

Posted by: John B. | May 16, 2013 3:37:31 PM

16. John B, while I'm 30, I think I can answer that.

How will my tattoos look when I'm in my 50s, 60s, 70s? the same way everything else on me is gonna look when i'm in my 50s, 60s, 70s.

if i live that long.

but hey, maybe we're just insane crazy idiots who enjoy how we look in our "younger" years when we should apparently instead be ....uh..... concerned with how we're going to look when we're 50. or something.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | May 16, 2013 3:43:24 PM

17. My only issue with getting a tattoo when your young is whether you'll still enjoy it by the time you're 50. I wouldn't want to end up like Homer Simpson and his "Starland Vocal Band" tattoo, you know? (look it up if you don't get the reference). That being said, I dig sleeve tattoos. But that's just me.

Posted by: MateoM | May 16, 2013 4:30:36 PM

18. Why would KIWI have a jockstrap?

Posted by: UFFDA | May 16, 2013 5:15:22 PM

19. The guy doing dips has a great physique. Well-developed deltoids and abs, especially.

Posted by: MuscleModelBlog.com | May 16, 2013 5:22:26 PM

20. That was surprisingly unsexy and consistent! I really hate Nasty Pig, the shop people are totally rude and I find the clothing to be the WORST. Never tried the underwear so I'm sure it's fine, underwear is really easy to make.

I keep vacillating between thinking pitbulls are cute/ugly.

Posted by: Fenrox | May 16, 2013 5:38:29 PM

21. The funniest thing about these guys with their tatoos and pit bulls trying to appear masculine is that the VAST majority are QUEENS/SCREAMING bottoms when you get up close to them

Posted by: FakeOutrage | May 16, 2013 6:13:46 PM

22. Hot, but too many ass h""les let their Pitt bulls run loose!

Posted by: Jim | May 16, 2013 8:05:38 PM

23. When WILL the crotch-down-to-the-knees be over?!?! I saw it first in 1992.

Posted by: kdknyc | May 16, 2013 9:01:55 PM

24. Nasty Pig clothes used to seem cool, but they have gotten really bad. Not well designed at all. When I see guys wearing their stuff, they usually look pretty stupid.

Posted by: chris | May 16, 2013 11:23:14 PM

25. I agree with a lot of the comments above and of course the indigenous rudeness of the inhabitants of Chelsea (and their wannabes) is legendary.

Nevertheless, the video was pretty funny.

As to the look, I've lived in the East Village since 1988 so can authoritatively say that almost every look featured in the video is a knockoff--no doubt an overpriced one--of stuff that have been the common street-look over here for decades.

But then, that's been the case in the fashion industry for a very long time: come to the east village and see what the natives are wearing (not the bridge-and-tunnel slummers) and you'll see those same looks in the big fashion houses in another--3-5 years.

Posted by: DannyEastVillage | May 17, 2013 6:58:50 AM