Music | Music Video | News | Pet Shop Boys

The Pet Shop Boys Dangle 'Fluorescent', Another Taste of Their 'Fierce, Energetic' New Album: VIDEO

Fluorescent_psb

The Pet Shop Boys have dropped another snippet from their forthcoming Stuart Price-produced album Electric, due in July — a minute-long clip of the track "Fluorescent".

And the website The Quietus presents the first track-by-track review of the new album, concluding:

"With no ballads and fairly economical in length, Electric is a fierce, energetic record that sees Tennant, Lowe and Price revisit their long-standing love of club culture, including rather unexpected forays into its brasher, Transatlantic version. 'Boys' done good."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. First fell for the PSB's when I lived in S.F. in the mid-late 80's, and look forward to this release!

Posted by: Tom | May 29, 2013 9:59:29 AM

2. I am loving this!

Posted by: Michael J. Hildebrand | May 29, 2013 10:01:19 AM

3. Their last album was so awful I nearly gave up them.

This sounds really promising.

Posted by: ripper | May 29, 2013 10:02:56 AM

4. I saw the PSB's last year for the first time in concert. Despite a reputation for not being very active on stage, Neil and Chris were excellent! Very energetic, and entertaining!
    The stage was very artsy in its design. A mesmerizing evening from start to finish. Can't wait for the coming tour

Posted by: Greg | May 29, 2013 11:23:51 AM

5. It's 1989 and I'm on E.

They're absolutely one of my favorite bands, but they seem hit or miss live. One time I found them painfully boring, another they were great. I have friends who have said the same.

Posted by: Paul R | May 29, 2013 1:02:56 PM

6. I agree with ripper but this does look promising

Posted by: hotbeef | May 29, 2013 4:23:25 PM

7. I have been a long time fan, and this new album reminds me a bit of Disco 3 and Very Relentless. Their last album, Elysium, was nice and mellow (with some exception), reminiscent of Behaviour, but certainly wasn't awful. I have seen them quite a few times live and met them several times and they are nice fellows who certainly know the business and their fans. I am looking forward to Electric! And from the snippets online, the Electric Tour looks to be a lot of fun!

Posted by: Chris | May 29, 2013 5:04:14 PM

8. I'm a huge Pet Shop Boys fan and enjoy all their other albums to varying degrees. However, I too thought their last album Elysium was absolutely awful--possibly the worst album of their career, rivaling the horrible (in my opinion) Nightlife. They even, very strangely, relegated the best song, "A Certain Je Ne Sei Quoi" to a b-side, causing me to wonder if the boys had truly lost it.

This album does indeed seem like a promising restart. Fingers crossed.

Posted by: Eric | May 29, 2013 6:31:13 PM

9. Another terrible B-side decision: The Truck-driver and His Mate.

Posted by: Paul R | May 30, 2013 12:11:37 AM

10. Meaning, I love that song.

Posted by: Paul R | May 30, 2013 12:28:28 AM