Football (American) | News | Sports

BigGayDeal.com

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell Says League, Fans Will Accept an Openly Gay Player: VIDEO

Goodell

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell told NFL.com yesterday that the league will support an openly gay player.

Said Goodell: "I have such great respect for our players. I don't think it will just be tolerated, I think it will be accepted. These are individuals who play in our league. We're all different in some fashion, and we're accepting of our differences....That's what this is all about. To me, if it happens in the league, that's a personal choice that someone would decide to do. But I know their teammates and teams, and I think the fans will all respond the right way."

Watch part of the interview, AFTER THE JUMP...

And can someone please tell host Steve Wyche that being gay is not a "chosen lifestyle"?

Comments

1. "Chosen lifestyle"? Get your head out of the sand for a sec and think or did you plan to say that? Like when he chose his or does he even self-reflect? Could there be a more competent and trustworthy interviewer than this guy?

So many questions so few answers. It's time to interview the host.

Posted by: Tim | May 10, 2013 9:41:37 AM

2. ....ok...what's detestable AP is you actually believe that! *yawn*

Next......

Posted by: Gaiboi | May 10, 2013 11:18:42 AM

3. every time you cite Levitical law you are actually stating that Christ failed in His mission of sacrifice on the cross :D

Posted by: LittleKiwi | May 10, 2013 11:26:23 AM

4. Alysia, Leviticus also calls for legalized slavery (see for instance, chapter 25). If you genuinely believed in what the book of Leviticus advocates, you'd be a contemptible person who believes that human slavery is okay. So why should anyone listen to you?

Posted by: bobbyjoe | May 10, 2013 12:18:07 PM

5. Eh. I think a ton of guys think like DeMario Davis and Kirk Cousins. They'd be OK with a gay teammate but they also aren't really OK with homosexuality. But it's awesome to see Mr. Goodell speaking out like this.

Posted by: Francis #1 | May 10, 2013 4:35:50 PM

6. I don't think he meant that being gay is a choice, but that coming out would be a gay player's choice. I know it isn't clear from his phraseology, but I believe that's what he meant by "If it happens in the league..." i.e., if a player's coming out happens in the league.

Posted by: DannyEastVillage | May 11, 2013 5:29:47 PM