News | Sean Hayes | Television

Here's the Trailer and Clips for Sean Hayes' New Sitcom 'Sean Saves the World': VIDEO

Sean_hayes

Over the weekend I mentioned that Sean Hayes was returning to network TV as a single gay dad in Sean Saves the World, with Thomas Lennon and Linda Lavin. Here's NBC's preview of the new shoe.

Watch the trailer and two clips, AFTER THE JUMP...

And here are two clips:

Comments

1. Jack McFarland gets a daughter instead of a son. Or is that a son in drag? And Rosie O'Donnel becomes Linda Lavin. Could be cute or extremely grating.

Posted by: woodroad34d | May 14, 2013 8:29:02 AM

2. I'll watch it, for sure... Sean Hayes is developing quite the successful run for himself.

I'm surprised he has time to get in front of a camera.

Posted by: Pete N SFO | May 14, 2013 8:29:08 AM

3. looks good - Ill watch - Linda Lavin is aging well too

Posted by: disgusted american | May 14, 2013 8:36:35 AM

4. Wow, not even remotely funny. Didn't like him on W&G and still don't.

Posted by: Lee | May 14, 2013 8:54:22 AM

5. I LOVE Linda Lavin and Sean Hayes. Let's hope this doesn't t go the way of Conrad Bloom. Remember Conrad Bloom? Of course you don't.

Posted by: Michael Buchanan | May 14, 2013 8:59:11 AM

6. I liked it...Will watch.
    =)

Posted by: George F | May 14, 2013 9:01:45 AM

7. @Michael Buchanan - I'll see your "Conrad Bloom" and raise you a "Love, Sidney."

Posted by: Anastasia Beaverhausen | May 14, 2013 9:21:36 AM

8. I love Linda Lavin, I would watch for her alone.

Posted by: Critifur | May 14, 2013 9:22:08 AM

9. @ Michael Buchanan: Of course I remember "Conrad Bloom" , Mark Feuerstein was in it.

Posted by: Carlos | May 14, 2013 9:24:39 AM

10. "Stuart Saves His Family" was a lot funnier.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | May 14, 2013 9:38:33 AM

11. Well, at least Linda Lavin is funny.

Posted by: kaccompany | May 14, 2013 9:39:17 AM

12. Hmm..I will check it out. I like Sean Hayes a lot. Haven't seen Linda Lavin in years but when she walked through the door her mannerisms immediately reminded me of Eileen Brennan.

Posted by: Michael | May 14, 2013 9:43:11 AM

13. Linda Lavin! Linda Lavin! Linda Lavin!

Posted by: It means beautiful in Espanol | May 14, 2013 9:43:34 AM

14. It's great to see Linda Lavin back on TV. But those previews aren't funny at all. It's just another generic sitcom, but with a gay man as the lead character.

Posted by: David in the O.C. | May 14, 2013 9:48:37 AM

15. That's a lot of not-entirely-successful eyework on display.

Posted by: Mort | May 14, 2013 9:49:50 AM

16. Never liked W&G. This might turn funny, not sure, perhaps and maybe. Might have problems to get renewed.

Posted by: Matt26 | May 14, 2013 9:50:26 AM

17. I hope NBC added extra funds to the budget to cover the 8 gallons of makeup that has been dumped all over Linda Lavin.

Posted by: uppityfag | May 14, 2013 9:51:19 AM

18. This has the look of a "3-camera, filmed before a live studio audience" sitcom.

But all the audible laughter is from a laugh track; nothing in either the trailer or the clips even made me giggle (except the snipping of Lavin's "you found that beautiful man... who dumped you" line in the NBC official trailer, though the rest of the exchange with is included).

Six episodes. Tops.

Posted by: Eric Payne | May 14, 2013 9:57:51 AM

19. I only hope they show some gay PDA like they did in The New Normal and like they don't in Modern Family. Otherwise how is this different than 70+ years of the funny homosexual?

Posted by: Ken | May 14, 2013 9:59:33 AM

20. Stop with old gay jokes get some new material.......

Posted by: dards | May 14, 2013 10:09:24 AM

21. Hmmm. I work on 3rd shift and sleep during prime time. As usual, don't think I'll be missing a thing. I'll stick with I Love Lucy reruns in the morning when I get home from work.

Posted by: jamal49 | May 14, 2013 10:46:03 AM

22. Slap-sticky and full of canned laugh track. Doesn't look too promising.

Posted by: Bob | May 14, 2013 10:58:43 AM

23. The 14 year old daughter seems mature enough to raise herself.

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | May 14, 2013 10:59:09 AM

24. You know I'm going to watch. Good writing but Sean is incredibly funny, a great comedian with amazing delivery. Let's hope this one sticks and he finds a great boyfriend that leads to engagement then marriage. The boss is a great find. Could it be that Sean Hayes is out to give Ryan Murphy a run for his money? Lavin is a good choice and they work well together. Hayes has many of the great Lucy qualities. Good consistently funny writing will make it a big hit.

Posted by: Mike Ryan | May 14, 2013 11:07:40 AM

25. "Gay" is no longer big enough to hold my interest. Sit com never did. zzzzzzzzzz

Posted by: UFFDA | May 14, 2013 11:17:27 AM