American Idol | Candice Glover | Jennifer Hudson | News

Candice Glover and Jennifer Hudson Duet in Thrilling Moment from Last Night's 'Idol' Finale: VIDEO

Glover_hudson

The best moment from last night's American Idol finale, IMHO. The pipes on these two.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

American Idol Finale ~ Candice Glover... by HumanSlinky

Comments

1. I can't understand why black women insist on having white women's hair.

Posted by: Adam | May 17, 2013 8:56:46 AM

2. Adam: It's not that difficult, everybody wants what they don't have.
    I remember the time when every women sport curly hair.

Anyway, Candice is one of the best singers ever on idol. She totally deserved to win.
    I hope they treat her well, and give her good songs

Posted by: jjose712 | May 17, 2013 9:04:54 AM

3. I can't understand why people make racist comments about hair.

Posted by: Nate | May 17, 2013 9:07:13 AM

4. I remember when J Hud (whom I love, btw) was on AI. After several years of success, she is now much more refined as a performer. And Candace is waaay ahead of where Jennifer was then.

I can hardly wait to see where she goes.

Posted by: Pete N SFO | May 17, 2013 9:08:40 AM

5. I don't know either one of them, but it wasn't hard to tell which one was the pro.

Posted by: John Conolley | May 17, 2013 9:20:05 AM

6. Wonderful moment, one of the best set of Idol contestants. Candice deserved the win.

Posted by: Rob West | May 17, 2013 9:29:24 AM

7. And Jennifer Hudson lost to Fantasia Barino. Goes to show what American Idol voters know.

Posted by: Mike8787 | May 17, 2013 9:33:17 AM

8. Adam, I don't understand why white women want to have thicker lips and deep tans

Posted by: ann hrrison | May 17, 2013 9:35:39 AM

9. And Adam, I remember when white women had flat butts but now they are getting implants and why do some many white people love rap music want to dress, walk, talk like black people. We can have this conversation all day.

Posted by: ann hrrison | May 17, 2013 9:39:10 AM

10. Sorry but I never thought Jennifer Hudson was a great singer, good but certainly not in the realm of a Houston or Cole. As for Candace, she is just a par below Hudson. American Idol has not produced a really stand out blow-your-socks off singer. Underwood and Clarkson have been able to sustain careers but again just barely and neither voice comes near a Streisand or Aretha. Ruben, Fantasia, Taylor, Jordin, Cook and Allen - all past winners of which none of us remembers. Hudson never won and neither did Aiken and these two are known only because they kept themselves in the headlines, not because of their 'distinquished' vocal chops. Jennifer Hudson's biggest song to date was from the movie Dream Girls (And I Am Telling You..." but even that song was sung far better by the original broadway artist, Jennifer Holiday. Now THAT woman has an amazing voice and talent. We've seen little talent come out of American Idol just a few mediocre good voices.

Posted by: Mike Ryan | May 17, 2013 9:41:22 AM

11. Yeah, in the end doesn't matter if you win idol or not to become a big star (Daughtry, JHud, Adam Lambert), but hopefully it does in Candice's case. She deserves it. The finale would have been much more epic if it was Candice vs. Angie Miller (much as I love Kree-dom).

On a side note:
    My drunk friend actually called me just as i was starting to watch Idol (from my dvr) and the first thing he said was "Candice won." lol. can you imagine? This was the first season I watched Idol from beginning to end.

Posted by: Nelson_in_SJ | May 17, 2013 9:44:09 AM

12. JHud seemed really determined to outsing Candice Glover. By the end it seemed more like a duel than a duet.

Posted by: Merv | May 17, 2013 9:53:05 AM

13. I don't think they have white women hair. They have Indian women hair.

Posted by: kevin | May 17, 2013 9:55:38 AM

14. I became a Candace fan because of this website. Her singing has volume, but it also has sophistication, taste and musicality. I´ve never been a fan of Jennifer Hudson, who I think just has volume. She sings everything like she is one of the X-Men, sending out sonic blasts to knock aircraft from the sky.

And I don´t think Hudson looks healthy with that much weight loss. I hope Candace doesn´t go that route.

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | May 17, 2013 9:57:38 AM

15. I'm trying to imagine what a "thrilling moment" on American Idol might look like. Nope...coming up short.

Posted by: Keppler | May 17, 2013 10:04:30 AM

16. So a 7th place contestant from season 3 out sang the winner of season 12th. Yeah, I'll say it's time to pack it in.

Posted by: bambinoitaliano | May 17, 2013 10:06:00 AM

17. So a 7th place contestant from season 3 out sang the winner of season 12th. Yeah, I'll say it's time to pack it in.

Posted by: bambinoitaliano | May 17, 2013 10:06:02 AM

18. These women are STUNNING, gorgeously talented singers. I can only hope that Candice's career matches Jennifer's -- because her musicality is truly stunning. As someone else noted, she understands phrasing and dynamics in a way that's beyond her years, and she deserves to have a very long and robust career!

Posted by: GMB | May 17, 2013 10:16:49 AM

19. Umm...one of these women sings very very well. And it isn't Hudson. At least not in this clip. She should sue the producers for making her belt so far out of her range. Yikes, it hurts.

Candice demonstrates an understanding of nuance that makes me excited to hear her sing again. Jennifer's loudness is exciting at first, but wears out its welcome fast.

To be fair though, I'm basing this criticism on just this performance, so maybe I'm wrong.

Posted by: Chip | May 17, 2013 10:24:56 AM

20. Candice is IT! The real deal. I love how people who don't even watch the show love to bash American Idol as if they are experts on it. But there's no bashing this season. It has been the best ever! The talent of the final 5 girls has been way beyond the collective talent they've had over any of the other seasons. All of them have massive potential to be huge stars (well, maybe Janelle would just be a 'big' star). People should also take into consideration when judging these stand alone clips they see posted of an Idol performance that these girls (the final 5) had to learn 3 sometimes 4 new songs a week on top of being complete newbies to being on massive stages with large audiences while incorporating choreography, dealing with full on orchestras or choirs on stage with them for their first time, the intense pressure they are under, and being worked to death with everything they have to do all week long before performing these numbers for the first time. That being said, imagine how great they'll sound once their performing their own music in their own concerts with a show they know like the back of their hand. These women killed it this season, and for those of us who actually watched the whole thing, it was thrilling! They all deserve all the success in the world.

Posted by: Gary A/House Music Pusher | May 17, 2013 11:10:15 AM

21. I can't understand why some of the most ignorant people on Earth come to this site and post hateful and uneducated comments. This is 2013. Get a grip.

Posted by: Frank | May 17, 2013 11:21:51 AM

22. I'm afraid to ask this question (considering the number of non-fans of JH posting here), but is she getting better and better? I didn't like Ms Hudson when she first started making news, but after her turn on SMASH where I thought here singing was just great, and this AI performance (I don't think she's trying to take down Candice at all, she's just doing her thing), I think she's headed for real diva status. Now if only she was a better actor. It will be interesting to see where Candice goes, not sure if she's got the "it" factor or not, but what do I know?

What is all that hand-waving stuff about from the "judges" (those are air-quotes)? Makes them look like bobble-head figurines in the back window of a pick-up truck. Or is Mariah just showing off her firm and toned underarm slingy stuff?

Posted by: tinkerbelle | May 17, 2013 11:38:17 AM

23. How can anybody take this "competition" seriously any more since they rigged it so as to ensure that no male singer would win it this year?

Posted by: Rick | May 17, 2013 11:55:01 AM

24. Hey Rick, remember Ruben Studdard, Taylor Hicks, David Cook and Kris Allen? Somehow they all won AI.

If you're going to troll, at least put some effort into it.

Posted by: MateoM | May 17, 2013 12:46:37 PM

25. LOL @"I don't think they have white women hair. They have Indian women hair."

LOL, Bless your heart, Kevin. LOL. I'm glad I brought my flask with me to work today.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | May 17, 2013 12:56:00 PM