Joe Manganiello Is In The Best Shape Of His Life

Joe 2Manganiello, who is no stranger to nude or shirtless scenes on screen, says in a previous Men's Health interview that his roles have helped push him further as an athelete-actor.

"When you're shirtless one or two days a week – which is how it works with True Blood - you can ramp up and ramp down the intensity of training. When you're shirtless every day [on the Magic Mike set] there's no let up. So we spend a fortnight doing thousands of push-ups, thousands of curls, thousands of lat raises. We basically spent every day working out for two weeks in a row. After that I needed a pretty hardcore vacation. But it was worth it. It was the most fun I've ever had in my life. One hundred percent."

Manganiello also dishes about starring in the upcoming thriller Ten with his childhood fitness hero Arnold Schwarzenegger.

"Arnie was a hero to me. He's the reason why every guy of our generation started going to the gym," Manganiello explains. "To film with him for four months was awesome. And he stills trains every morning."

Joe 3

Manganiello's full interview appears in the July issue of Men's Health UK, on sale Monday, June 3.

Comments

1. KevInPDX says

Nooo comments yet? Really?!

If I temember correctly this dude was a serious body builder and had to shed some muscle to get the True Blood part as he was too big already. Still nice to look at. Reminds me of my Italian buddies growing up back east. We also admired the body builders of the day, including Arnold. Of course Arnold was a skunk the whole time in his personal and professional life but we didn;t know that

2. Josh says

Most gay men take better care of themselves. 36 should still be young time. Though no doubt incredible body, he looks like mid-40’s. Now carry on with more important issues.

3. bravo says

When I see those pronounced ribs-onto-sternum lines in the middle of a man’s pecs (especially if he is older than 20/20), I just assume steroids or HGH.

4. Ain't it Funny says

The irony is that when people use steroids and /or HGH to make their bodies look young, it in fact, actually ages them, particularly in the face. This guy has an amazing body but yes, he face has aged far beyond what a 36 year old looks like…and never mind his testicles and penis…

5. TruthSerum says

Gay men have valid reasons to fear aging. Gay men are already isolate from the mainstream. As they get older and lose their “sexual currency” as a friend once put it, then it becomes even more isolating. And this usually ends for a large portion of gay men at 40 when their looks really start to fade (of course this affects different ethnic groups different, but in general). And if you are ah, on the “receiving” end and over 40, forget it. You’re done.

6. millerbeach says

Well, I thank God (and mom) for good genetics…he really is only 36 years old? I seriously thought he was at least a decade older. At least. But that bod is smokin’ hot!

7. millerbeach says

Oh, TurthSerum, you and your friend must be under 30. My sex life took off like a rocket when I turned 40, and I have no idea why…maybe all that work on the abs finally paid off, those miles jogged toned the ass to perfection, along with the legs…maybe it’s my monthly date with Miss Clairole…LOL Seriously, age is a matter of the mind. It helps if you don’t look aged physically, but mentally, you are as old as you decide to feel. Me? I’m still 19, and I’ve got a sex drive to match. I don’t fear age, I fear people that fear the inevitable. Relax, and go along for the ride. The trip of life should be a journey, not a destination. Think about it. You will find your life a lot more rewarding once you focus on the stuff that matters. That is for you to figure out.

8. TruthSerum says

“Millerbeach” I can assure you the VAST majority of gay men consider themeselves *19* if not younger. The issue is ageism. Those same “I’m forever 19″ gay men are not viewed as sexually desirable compared to younger buff gay men. Are there exceptions? of course, but by and large, 40 is the cutoff physically for the vast majority of gay men.

9. Jim says

He’s straight but ridiculously hot, has no problem getting naked for the camera, is a good actor and he made an IT GETS BETTER video, ’nuff said.

10. Ancient Mariner says

TruthSerum, you mean for the vast majority of unattractive (a purely subjective word, I know) gay men. Like millerbeach, I have had the time of my life, sexually speaking, since turning 40, giving and receiving. And it’s continued past 50. So don’t be discouraged, boys. Just eat right, exercise and stay out of the sun.