Fred Phelps | Jason Collins | News | Tornado | Westboro Baptist Church

Westboro Baptist Church's Fred Phelps Jr. Blames Oklahoma Tornado on Gay NBA Player Jason Collins

Phelpsjr

Who's the first gay-hating wingnut out of the gate after the Oklahoma tornado?

It's Fred Phelps Jr., who tweeted:

"OK Thunder's Durant flips God by praising fag Collins.  God smashes OK. You do the math."

Comments

1. I know that I will never understand this logic. Can some maniac please explain how Oklahoma, that has the strictest of marriage/cu bans, gets punished for gay-anything.

Posted by: mvecera | May 21, 2013 9:24:20 AM

2. Let's see. God attacks Oklahoma because of Jason Collins. Hmmmm. God's aim is for sh!t!

Posted by: Ken | May 21, 2013 9:25:12 AM

3. Who's the first to give them the publicity they seek?

Posted by: MIke | May 21, 2013 9:25:47 AM

4. They were already on their Twitter feed within minutes of the disaster spouting their crap.

Posted by: BearlyBob | May 21, 2013 9:27:19 AM

5. What math? All this sick hick has is a negativity of zeros. The greatest mathemetician in Fred's lifetime was Alan Turing, a "fag." Phelp's own computer runs on fag power.

Posted by: UFFDA | May 21, 2013 9:29:33 AM

6. And his schooling/education is what ?
    And his skills are what ?
    And he speaks for god because ?
    Other than shooting his mouth off at every opportunity, what is this low-life good for ?
    What is his contribution to society ?
    Or does he just collect Welfare ?

These people need immediate investigation by the IRS.......as does any organization claiming tax exemption or special treatment.
    Who pays his Cell Phone Bills ?
    Who pays his domestic bills ?
    If he is claiming to be working for "a church" these are legitimate questions.
    In fact has the Westboro Crowd ever published an annual return to show exactly where the money has come from ?
    If it came from god then he should give his name and address.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | May 21, 2013 9:30:02 AM

7. if God had anything to do with it, which she didn't, the disaster would have something to do with Oklahoma, like both senators constantly voting against disaster relief.

Posted by: Tim S | May 21, 2013 9:47:17 AM

8. Screen door slams in Jackson, Mississippi. Picture falls off my wall in West Virginia. You do the math!!

Posted by: Joe | May 21, 2013 9:50:03 AM

9. That's the funniest thing I've heard today!

Posted by: Monrocsol | May 21, 2013 9:50:51 AM

10. I know they don't use logic, but it's even remotely Jason collins related to Oklahoma?

This is as stupid as blaming Carrie Underwood, Blown away is about a tornado in oklahoma (the fact that a country star sings about tornados in Oklahoma is probably because there are usually a good bunch of tornados in Oklahoma).

Anyway, my thoughts for the victims and their families, they are what matter in a case like this (but of course WBC doesn't care at all about the victims, only spreading their hate)

Posted by: jjose712 | May 21, 2013 9:53:49 AM

11. When is God going to smash the WBC building - one of this nation's greatest symbols of pure, unadulterated hatred of the GLBT community? Does homophobia have a more devout disciple than the idiotic Fred Phelps??

Posted by: HadenoughBS | May 21, 2013 9:59:07 AM

12. Why does Towleroad continue to give Westboro Baptist Church more publicity. This is just another "Dog bites Man" story. How is this news?

Posted by: Neil | May 21, 2013 10:05:20 AM

13. So Freddie thinks God actually works the weather? C'mon, that's staff-assistant work at best, most likely delegated to an intern. Get real, quit giving that nut-job ink, he's more out of it than the hydrocarbon-sniffing broads at Delphi, and makes about as much sense.

Posted by: Onnyjay | May 21, 2013 10:14:04 AM

14. They Tweet?

Posted by: Sean | May 21, 2013 10:22:28 AM

15. Could we not just ignore Phelps?

Posted by: Ken | May 21, 2013 10:31:47 AM

16. If he was a real Christian, he'd send money for disaster relief.

Posted by: Jack M | May 21, 2013 10:34:16 AM

17. Does he keep a list of recent people who have come out at the ready for the next natural disaster, so when something happens he whips out his list and scratches off a name? That really seems like that's what's happening.

Posted by: John in Houston | May 21, 2013 10:45:40 AM

18. Do you think if I asked nicely Jason Collins would arrange for nice weather for the BBQ I have planned in a few weeks? I mean since he apparently commands the weather and all....

Yes the WBC is a nest of seething @ssholes, but I still maintain they inadvertently help our cause. They are so repellant that even died-in-the-wool homophobes read stuff like this and think "Oh, give it a break!"

Posted by: Caliban | May 21, 2013 10:47:52 AM

19. Thanks Fred Jr.
    Twitter, Facebook, Google, Bill Gates and Mac ALL support Gay Marriage and Gay Equality causes. Everytime you Tweet, FB or even simply use a computer, you are supporting people who support Gay Rights.
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT !

Posted by: Tre | May 21, 2013 10:52:23 AM

20. I had a power outage last night - I blame the homosexuals!

I didn't have enough milk for my coffee this morning. The gays are responsible for this!

My morning newspaper was all wet! This is all because of those godless f****ts!

Wow! Blaming all the bad things in my life on gay people is fun! Thanks for showing me this, Mr. Phelps!

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | May 21, 2013 11:09:12 AM

21. I wonder sometimes if the Phelps Gang, CoupleDozenMoms and the rest of their chort ever get tired of and bored with what they say. Do they listen to bird songs at twilight, enjoy the sound of rain on the roof, watch enormous moon rises? hey are such pathetic people.

Posted by: gregorybrown | May 21, 2013 11:10:27 AM

22. Isn't it illogical for someone who is college educated and has a law degree to say these things.
    Is it possible that he is doing this as a devil’s advocate (I am not sure if this is the right American term} , to show the obvious bigotry of anti-gay sentiments ?

Posted by: PE | May 21, 2013 11:13:35 AM

23. I hope Jason is unharmed from the F4 tornado.

Posted by: PE | May 21, 2013 11:14:38 AM

24. Andy, why do you cover this crap? Westboro thrives on publicity. When you report on them, you validate them. The best way to deal with these lunatics is for the media to ignore them.

Posted by: Rob | May 21, 2013 12:15:20 PM

25. I agree with everyone who said to ignore them. We know exactly what they are going to say every time a tragedy strikes. Stop covering them since they do these idiotic things for the sole purpose of getting publicity. Stop giving it to them. This is the last time I will ever open a story regarding these fools.

Posted by: Eddie | May 21, 2013 2:15:54 PM