News | Pets

BigGayDeal.com

Pitbull vs. Tree: VIDEO

Pitcull

A tenacious pitbull faces down a tree branch, and does so in a stylish striped tank top.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via reddit)

Comments

1. Um, what I'm taking from that video is just how incredibly strong a pitbull's jaws are. Amazing/terrifying.

Posted by: Kirk | May 6, 2013 2:29:37 PM

2. Kirk, I have a pitbull and I can confirm that their jaws are incredibly strong. We play with a pull toy and he always wins. It is a good thing that he's a total sweetheart.

Posted by: Miguel R. | May 6, 2013 2:50:46 PM

3. Rottweilers, mastiffs (highest by a good margin), and German Shepherds have stronger bite forces than pitbulls. It's dependent on the size of the dog, width of the head, and where the bite is occurring (toward the back teeth is stronger by a lot than the front canines and incisors.)

Posted by: Unruly | May 6, 2013 3:04:05 PM

4. I was hoping it would be that man called Pitbull and he would be hitting himself against a tree, over and over again, for being lame.

Posted by: D | May 6, 2013 3:06:08 PM

5. This is not a very pleasant discussion going on here.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | May 6, 2013 3:12:35 PM

6. Someone totally should've put a hula hoop around him. It would've worked/werked.

Posted by: Dada Mining | May 6, 2013 3:14:01 PM

7. When pitbulls are raised right they are the sweetest, dopiest dogs EVER. When they aren't, blame the owners. It is NOT the dog's fault. This one cracked me up. LOL

Posted by: AJ | May 6, 2013 3:19:00 PM

8. pitbulls = AMAZING.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | May 6, 2013 3:40:04 PM

9. He is just being a dog

Posted by: jaragon | May 6, 2013 5:16:19 PM

10. Alas, he was rejected from the Broadway cast of _Pippin_ after also being turned down by Cirque du Soleil.

Posted by: Rrhain | May 6, 2013 5:34:06 PM

11. Well that's just precious.

Posted by: MateoM | May 6, 2013 6:24:30 PM

12. Kind of wonder if he's still hanging on that branch, he seems to be quite the tenacious pooch!

Posted by: Walt | May 6, 2013 6:40:22 PM

13. Now there's a good reason to carry a gun. I'd love to empty a clip into every pit bull I've ever seen. People should be given a background check before that are allowed to have one.

Posted by: UFFDA | May 6, 2013 7:03:47 PM

14. These animals are bred to fight and kill. Why is it always trashy, insipid, powerless people "own" pit bulls as pets? Stop making excuses for these animals.

Posted by: marks | May 6, 2013 7:05:45 PM

15. I'm sure this is a metaphor for something, I just can't put my finger on it right now. Fear not, I won't let go until I do.

Posted by: Mastik8 | May 6, 2013 7:34:04 PM

16. I didn't need more proof that UFFDA was a creep. But he's provided it anyway. Thanks for demonstrating your lack of humanity, you waste of life.

Posted by: MateoM | May 6, 2013 8:33:59 PM

17. That was hilarious, love it. Was expecting the tree to fall down based on description, but the dog doing the merry-go-round was adorable.

There's thousands of video's on youtube, vimeo etc of various 'vicious' dog breeds being adorable, take your hatred to a NOM meeting or something.

Posted by: luke | May 6, 2013 9:24:55 PM

18. Pit bulls can be incredibly mild mannered and sweet. Friends have one and this cutie was so obedient he wouldn't touch the shrimp laid out on the coffee table in front of him. My docile golden retriever would have gobbled them up. The pit bull was afraid to go outside at night if there was a raccoon nearby. Terrified of raccoons.

Then other pit bulls are bred to be fighters. Some are trained for dog fights. They tie up a small animal - dog or cat, alive - to a tether. And the pit bull jumps up and rips it apart. This was the only thing about the video that gave me pause.

Posted by: trg | May 6, 2013 10:08:33 PM

19. This is a very weird video. It seems to me the animal was in pain. Did it get its teeth stuck? I don't know how I feel about it except the person who shot it is probably a sicko.

Posted by: TC | May 6, 2013 11:29:23 PM

20. Have I been fed a lot of anti-pitbull false propaganda, or is it true that unlike many other breeds of dogs, pitbulls have a locking jaw that actually makes it hard for the very dog itself to "let go?" This video has only heightened my sense of wariness about this breed.

Posted by: Tom Cardellino | May 7, 2013 12:47:52 AM

21. Tom, that's a myth. Also, any dog can do what is shown in this video (including the long hang.)

Spring pole training (which is in essence what this doing is doing with the limb) is a pretty common technique for working dogs -- Belgian Malinois, German/Dutch Shepherds, Labs, Dobermans. I've seen plenty of Jack Russell's do this (though, obviously, with a lower hanging branch.) This dog is just playing (including the noises) and could let go at any time -- but where's the fun in that?

Posted by: Unruly | May 7, 2013 2:27:44 AM

22. UFFDA = marks = a giant POS
    If you're going to fake multiple accounts, at least space your postings out better.

Posted by: Unruly | May 7, 2013 2:28:58 AM

23. Don't own a Pit Bull and never will.

Posted by: andrew | May 7, 2013 4:48:52 AM

24. this is why pitbulls are bad pets - they are stubborn and get angry/violent when they don't get their way

Posted by: Reality | May 7, 2013 11:37:12 PM