Boy Scouts | News | Rick Perry

Rick Perry is 'Greatly Disappointed' with the Boy Scouts

Onmyhonor_perry

Texas Governor Rick Perry is not happy with the Boy Scouts decision. He released this statement:

The Boys Scouts of America has been built upon the values of faith and family for more than 100 years and today's decision contradicts generations of tradition in the name of political correctness. While I will always cherish my time as a scout and the life lessons I learned, I am greatly disappointed with this decision.

Comments

1. I am real sorry, Mr. Perry. Now you know how it feels to be let down and get your feelings hurt. Something you have done to me and my fellow Texans for years now. Why we keep re-electing your sorry ass is unbeknownst to me.

Posted by: Mitch | May 24, 2013 9:34:22 AM

2. I'm happy he's unhappy.

Posted by: K in VA | May 24, 2013 9:34:28 AM

3. Rick, you can't possibly be any more disappointed with yesterday's BSA pro-gay scouts decision than many of your fellow Texans are in you as our bigoted homophobic governor. Here's hoping we don't have to put up with a 100 years of your twisted family and faith values. We are greatly dissatisfied with the extremist right wing Creationist life lessons you are teaching the children of Texas.

Posted by: HadenoughBS | May 24, 2013 9:35:30 AM

4. Governor Lightweight. With the skeletons in his closet, you'd think he'd just keep his mouth shut like the kid in the back of the classroom.

Posted by: ratbastard | May 24, 2013 9:43:13 AM

5. Quick! Someone hand this man a bottle of Vermont maple syrup before he does something self-destructive.

Posted by: Acronym Jim | May 24, 2013 9:44:56 AM

6. Who cares what Perry thinks? He can go pound sand.

Posted by: Jack M | May 24, 2013 9:47:38 AM

7. Those gay boy scouts are someone's kids, brothers, grandsons, and cousins. It seems this vote shows more "value of family" than Rick Perry and his ilk do.

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | May 24, 2013 9:50:52 AM

8. Cry baby.

Posted by: Sam | May 24, 2013 9:54:28 AM

9. Governor Good Hair/No Brain strikes again. I'm not all that proud these days of admitting I'm a lifelong Texan myself. (I didn't vote for him ... but last I checked I'm one of his constituents, nonetheless! Not that he seems to recognize that).

Posted by: Michael House | May 24, 2013 9:59:07 AM

10. As a Texan, I'd like to add that a MAJORITY of us are beyond disappointed in Slick Perry - in fact we're counting the minutes til this repulsive blowhard departs Austin forever. Meanwhile enlighten yourself by reading the unbelievable hypocrisy exhibited by this closeted, self-hating Governor in former state legislator Glen Maxey's tell-all book, "Head Figure Head: The Search for the Hidden Life of Rick Perry."

Posted by: Bill | May 24, 2013 10:16:53 AM

11. So says the closeted self loathing governor of the crazy state of Texas.

Posted by: Rob | May 24, 2013 10:20:02 AM

12. Fascinating! Someone who set such low bar in life can feel disappointment. The scientific community should test this specimen.

Posted by: bambinoitaliano | May 24, 2013 10:28:28 AM

13. He didn't learn any "life lessons"; because if he did he wouldn't be disappointed--so he's a liar which makes him immoral. He makes Forrest Gump look smart--hell, he almost makes W look smart...almost.

Posted by: woodroad34d | May 24, 2013 10:31:01 AM

14. I remember the very gay videos of him during the election last year.
    One being his political ad, the other his behaving very gay or drunk.
    He's a closeted freakshow.

Posted by: secure214 | May 24, 2013 10:44:43 AM

15. Rick Perry is a relic. Let him die along with all the homophobia he spews.

Posted by: noteasilyoffended | May 24, 2013 11:04:41 AM

16. What Perry learned from the BSA is that no matter how immature and jerky you are, people will pat you on the back for being a scout.

Posted by: anon | May 24, 2013 11:22:19 AM

17. We're greatly disappointed with what you did with the Texas school system. Tool.

Posted by: dre | May 24, 2013 11:25:43 AM

18. Of course, you could use this same logic to oppose ANY kind of progress. And Rick Perry probably will.

Posted by: jomicur | May 24, 2013 12:43:09 PM

19. May 24, 2013 5:08 AM CBS NEWS
    The Boy Scouts national council vote to accept openly gay boys has drawn criticism from conservatives who say the decision is not compatible with the organization's values and will prompt a "mass exodus.".

Posted by: Keith | May 24, 2013 12:47:26 PM

20. Man,where is Ann Richards when you need her?

Posted by: greenfuzz | May 24, 2013 12:50:02 PM

21. And America is greatly disappointed with you, Rick.

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | May 24, 2013 1:49:30 PM

22. @greenfuzz, i sooooooooooo miss ann richards!

Posted by: northalabama | May 24, 2013 2:19:31 PM

23. "While I will always cherish my time as a scout and the life lessons I learned..."

Looks like the Boy Scouts just taught him a lesson he didn't like.

Posted by: Head Scout Master | May 24, 2013 2:37:59 PM

24. And I'm vengeful? Read this story as a Tweet and it came through loud and clear. It's amusing how you so despise your enemies, but use "love" to defend yourselves.

Posted by: Pink Is For Boys | May 24, 2013 5:12:42 PM

25. And as a Republican I could say I'm "greatly disappointed" by Rick Perry's performance in the campaign debates of 2012. But then some things are too obvious to need stating!

Posted by: Mary | May 24, 2013 7:57:54 PM