Dallas | News

BigGayDeal.com

Losing Dallas City Council Candidate Unleashes on Reporter in Homophobic, Profanity-Laced Voicemail: AUDIO

Sheridan

Richard P. Sheridan (Above), a losing candidate in Dallas' recent City Council elections, is making headlines now over a voicemail he left reporter Dan Koller at D Magazine, excoriating Koller over an election preview article he wrote, accusing Koller of failing to inform his readers that his opponent Leland Burk, is gay.

Said Sheridan: "You sir are a cunt, bitch, coward...you're a propagandist for the sodomite. When I see you, I'm not sure what I'm gonna do, but minimally your eardrums will hurt you motherf**ker."

Writes Koller:

"You can’t try to apply logic to the raving lunatic who left me a voicemail at 9:24 on Saturday night in which he called me a coward six times, a “[see you next Tuesday]” five times, a “mother[lover]” four times, a bitch twice, “a disgrace to our city” once, and “a sorry ass” once. In the middle of all that, he also said, “I don’t think you have one testicle, sir.” (He’s wrong about that last point, but I appreciate him calling me “sir.”)

Listen to the voicemail, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Now that's a winner right there.

Posted by: Syrax | May 15, 2013 1:49:59 PM

2. So now they are not just fifty layers of insane on that soap opera , they are fifty layers of insane in real life too ?

Posted by: KennyCassidy | May 15, 2013 1:50:46 PM

3. This guy's previous claim to fame was being ejected from like a record number of City Council meetings so this is no surprise.

Posted by: Joe Bua | May 15, 2013 1:54:08 PM

4. well that was lovely :)

eardrums, eh? what's he planning on doing? f***ing him in the ear?

Posted by: Little Kiwi | May 15, 2013 1:58:37 PM

5. Not the whole story, I live in Dallas, and in that district. Sheridan is a nut job who didn't have a chance. There were 10350 votes cast, and Sheridan only received 28 votes. There were 4 candidates. Leland Burke is an openly gay business man who is well respected, his sexuality was not an issue in the election, Dallas is a very good city in general for the GLBT community. The winner was Jennifer Staubach Gates, who is the daughter of Roger Staubach, and probably won largely on that name recognition.

Posted by: Jeff Henderson | May 15, 2013 2:01:27 PM

6. "To repeat this message, press 1" - hilarious

Posted by: BearlyBob | May 15, 2013 2:02:27 PM

7. Hard to understand why he lost. Seems like a class act.

Posted by: JimmyD | May 15, 2013 2:03:12 PM

8. Sounds like my wife.

Posted by: David Hearne | May 15, 2013 2:13:17 PM

9. I understand that Texans are proud of their homophobia.

Posted by: J. Leo | May 15, 2013 2:13:41 PM

10. I thought Michelle Bachman's beard was Marcus. funny to see it on the face of her twin sister from Dallas.

Posted by: woodroad34d | May 15, 2013 2:17:26 PM

11. Dallas aside, of course. That being the Atlanta of Texas. An oasis in a desert of hate and ignorance.

Posted by: J. Leo | May 15, 2013 2:18:47 PM

12. "A losing candidate" puts it mildly. The guy is putrid.

Posted by: UFFDA | May 15, 2013 2:21:57 PM

13. Ah, another southern gentleman. Such class, such refinement. I can almost see the white gloves and the cufflinks.

Posted by: johnny | May 15, 2013 2:28:31 PM

14. I think he needs a microphone & soapbox. We all want to hear what he has to say...esp. the men in the white coats.

Posted by: PAUL B. | May 15, 2013 2:32:28 PM

15. Here's a great YouTube video of him regarding some other matter. Yikes.

Posted by: Gigi | May 15, 2013 2:33:32 PM

16. Sounds like a man's man. Is he available? I hope he doesn't mind back hair.

Posted by: Rick | May 15, 2013 2:33:49 PM

17. So glad his fried-food fattened heart will explode soon : )

Posted by: JerzeeMike | May 15, 2013 2:35:54 PM

18. I do believe the GOP caucus in Congress could find space for him.

Also, what is his accent?? I'm thinking maybe East Coast somewhere? Can't place it.

Posted by: Lars | May 15, 2013 2:38:34 PM

19. Uhh never mind. Maybe I should have paid attention to his Bronx hat.

Posted by: Lars | May 15, 2013 2:41:27 PM

20. So, since this is Texas, I guess we should expect this guy to be governor one day?

Posted by: bobbyjoe | May 15, 2013 2:42:25 PM

21. One really has to wonder why, if his opponents being gay was such a big deal, the big girl didn't spread it around himself.

Posted by: Ben in Oakland | May 15, 2013 2:51:58 PM

22. I would score him a 10 in profanity. Eloquent use of extreme expletives. A bit repetitive but lovely use of the word Mother Lover. You may move on to the next round.

Posted by: mitch | May 15, 2013 2:59:05 PM

23. Gee, sorry that he is so "iffy". Too bad that this meek and mild chap just does just not spit it out. (He is such a restrained and gentle person.) Wonder what he REALLY thinks . . .

Posted by: Mike | May 15, 2013 3:01:23 PM

24. Homophobia in Dallas is nothing new, hence the reason I left the state. When you feel like any person at time would kill you because you are gay, it's time to get out. Too many gun toting folks there ready to kill for the glory of their god.

Posted by: Skooter McGoo | May 15, 2013 3:11:03 PM

25. @Lars - The Bronx is (was) a cafe in the Dallas gayborhood of Oak Lawn.

BTW: The building in the background is the former Texas School Book Depository.

Posted by: Anastasia Beaverhausen | May 15, 2013 3:21:46 PM