Anderson Cooper | Comic Books | GLAAD | iPad | iPhone | iPod

Anderson Cooper Comic Book Details The Rise Of The 'Silver Fox'

ANDERSONCOVERBAnderson Cooper has a long line of titles to his name.  CNN news anchor, talk show host, and most recently, Vito Russo Award honoree at the GLAAD Media Awards. He is also a bonafide gay icon and quite possibly journalism's hunkiest, and smartest specimen.

Now, Mr. Cooper can add comic book hero to his credits.

Released on June 6th, Political Power: Anderson Cooper finds the reporter starring in his own comic book. The 24-page chronicle, published by Bluewater Productions and written by Michael Troy, tracks the life of the Vanderbilt-bred Cooper. The iTunes description reads:

Born with a silver spoon in his mouth, the silver fox chose to follow his passion [for] journalism with a vengeance. Join writer Michael Troy...for an account of his life from decorated journalist to out and proud gay man.

The comic book is available on iTunes for $1.99 and at Comic Flea Market for $3.99.

Comments

1. "journalism's hunkiest" - what you smoking?

How about Thomas Robert's and a host of others way ahead of him in line for that one.

Posted by: Patrick | Jun 18, 2013 7:12:36 PM

2. Where would Towleroad be without the hourly update about self-absorbed pussy Anderson Cooper ?

Posted by: Icebloo | Jun 18, 2013 7:19:38 PM

3. I like Anderson Cooper...but it does seem that the "hype" machine is in overdrive. He's a lot of things...but a "super hero"? mmmmmmmm, not so much.

Posted by: woodroad34d | Jun 18, 2013 7:30:11 PM

4. The owner of this site is obviously in love with Anderson. That's why we get 24 hour coverage of Anderson's life.

Posted by: Icebloo | Jun 18, 2013 7:36:59 PM

5. And then there's the line: "This book is one in an acclaimed series of Bluewater Productions' political comics, which include the stories of Joe Biden, George W. Bush, and Ron Paul."

Quite the list of people to be associated with.

Posted by: woodroad34d | Jun 18, 2013 8:05:18 PM

6. Many of the comments are too harsh. Anderson Cooper has unintentionally done so much to bring acceptance of gay people to a society that had nothing more than disdain and hatred for us simply because, at least in my area, there was no one else around known to be openly gay who was respected, admired, and watched nightly before Anderson. Yes I'm in the bible belt south and came out in the 90's. But since AC, my family and friends have stopped asking me to keep quiet about being gay. This is most likely a regional effect in the greatly conservative areas of our country, but folks, I am witnessing it working for the betterment of LGBT community here. And Mom and I both think Anderson Cooper is an very handsome man!

Posted by: Ed P. | Jun 18, 2013 8:18:04 PM

7. Okay. Anderson just refuses to take himself too seriously...and is having some fun. Good for him. I like him. A lot.

Posted by: Geoff | Jun 18, 2013 8:24:58 PM

8. Anderson Cooper is charming and professional.

I don't understand the vitriol... make that envy... wait.. I think I get it, now: Envy.

Posted by: AG | Jun 18, 2013 10:53:20 PM

9. I'm sorry but that man is fine! I don't care what you bitter bi@ches think.

Posted by: Frank | Jun 19, 2013 12:38:23 AM

10. That cover illustration is horrible.

Posted by: Jack M | Jun 19, 2013 7:45:11 AM

11. Yeah, I would agree with Jack M. It IS pretty bad; why is a wolf's head sticking out of his neck?

Posted by: Rick_S | Jun 19, 2013 8:30:40 AM

12. Was he really born rich? That explains a lot...

Posted by: Fenrox | Jun 19, 2013 10:04:19 AM