California | Evangelical Christians | Evangelicals | Gay Marriage | Kiss | News

BigGayDeal.com

Gay Cal Poly Students Shut Down Homophobic Preacher with Make-Out Session: VIDEO

Calpoly

This week at Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo, a homophobic preacher was sermonizing on campus about traditional marriage and the evils of gay people when she was suddenly upstaged by two gay students who showed her actions speak louder than words. The campus approved.

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. This past Halloween here in Asheville, NC a preacher was on a bullhorn in Pack Square, the very center of our downtown, talking the same kind of trash. My partner and I, dressed in tuxs and painted like demons, began dancing and kissing a couple of feet in front of him. The crowd erupted in great roars of applause and support for us too. Sure wish we had one of the many pics taken that night. "Times, they are a'changin'"

Posted by: shimichael Burich | Jun 7, 2013 11:58:21 AM

2. Funny. When I was at Mardi Gras in New Orleans a few years ago, one of the Evangelical groups had placed themselves in Jackson Square, holding up their huge signs with homophobic messages.

Some straight guy was standing in front of them pulling pages out of a Bible and throwing them at their feet, but they were remaining stoic even as he did so. I told him that the real way to get to them was to kiss another guy right in front of them and since he was pretty good-looking, I volunteered to kiss him if he was willing.

To my surprise, he said he was, so I counted to 3 and we then smooched......and sure enough, it caused grimaces on the stoic faces of the Evangelicals, when nothing else was able to. Hot straight boy and I laughed about it.....while he was wiping his mouth from having kissed a guy (LOL).

I would gladly have made out with him for a whole hour, but that was not to be. Still a lot of fun the way it worked out, thought.

Posted by: Rick | Jun 7, 2013 12:01:32 PM

3. Yeah, you showed them.

Posted by: kaccompany | Jun 7, 2013 12:04:01 PM

4. The reaction of the rest of the students is the best part

Posted by: Joe | Jun 7, 2013 12:05:16 PM

5. Rick is that you, the real Rick? Wonderful no matter, a good story from any Rick...but it does give you a nice sense of humor not always apparent.

Anyway this is super funny, and how I love not only seeing two men kiss but having so many enjoy it.

Posted by: UFFDA | Jun 7, 2013 12:07:42 PM

6. Yes, UFFDA, that was me, the real Rick. And a totally true story. The only reason I come across here as not having a sense of humor is because I am so often embattled because I pose a threat to the gay cultural status quo.

I can assure you I am a fun guy to be around away from TR, though.

Posted by: Rick | Jun 7, 2013 12:19:36 PM

7. Good for those guys. Liked the reaction, too. Is it allowed to have preaches on campus area?

Posted by: Matt26 | Jun 7, 2013 12:36:50 PM

8. All you need is love.

Posted by: Jack M | Jun 7, 2013 12:53:43 PM

9. Rick, yes you are definitely threatening to a lot of gay men, which I always enjoy because so many of them are mimics to a low standard of affected behaviour which you excoriate mercilessly. Yet have you heard of the Gaybro movement? - never heard of on this website - which, in a word, are gay guys who eschew diva worship, for...well..sports and such like. Still, elsewhere in today's comments, I have had to call you a blockhead, which you really are in some ways, but blockheads can be fun and I'm sure we could have many good laughs. Keep posting. Threats are good.

Posted by: UFFDA | Jun 7, 2013 12:53:55 PM

10. Would a picture of Rick and Little Kiwi kissing cause members of the TR community to turn away in disgust or have them cheering? Please vote below.

Posted by: anon | Jun 7, 2013 1:20:54 PM

11. Who says Aggie students don't have style. Go Mustangs!

Posted by: dbaudit | Jun 7, 2013 2:06:11 PM

12. I'm failing to see how the bible-thumper was 'shut down'. Other than not being able to babel while the crowd was cheering, she stayed on the steps and could have continued her thumping as soon as the crowd stopped (and probably did)...

Did I miss something?

Posted by: MikeKV | Jun 7, 2013 2:40:13 PM

13. It's Rick who would turn away in disgust. Me too. No one kisses the snipe in the gutter.

Posted by: UFFDA | Jun 7, 2013 3:01:57 PM

14. I like to pretend that I'm a threatening presence to other gays, but then I have to swallow reality and accept that there's nothing remotely threatening about a closeted adult who posts crap online, anonymously.

I mean, really - what's threatening about an insecure doofus with no face who isn't man enough to say anything from a place of visibility?

The reality, of course, is that I'm terribly threatened by not only straight people, but nearly all gay people. That's why I'm so scared of life that I have to make my comments while using the internet as my white Klan hood.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to switching between screen names and pretending that anyone with a pair of actual testicles agrees with my b.s.

Posted by: Rick | Jun 7, 2013 3:12:08 PM

15. Oh brother, there goes Kiwi again pretending to be Rick saying stupid things. And talk about not being visible, Kiwi won't even fess up to his transparent insecurity as a name thief. What a loser.

Posted by: UFFDA | Jun 7, 2013 4:47:17 PM

16. San Luis Obispo is a cornucopia of handsome boy-next-door types.

Posted by: jimstoic | Jun 7, 2013 6:32:57 PM

17. San Luis Obispo County is certainly one of the loveliest places to live in the entire country. It's no wonder that Cal Poly SLO has become one of the most popular & competitive campuses in the Cal State system, and the state as a whole. SLO is now the UC Santa Barbara I remember of the early Seventies.

Posted by: DrMikey | Jun 8, 2013 10:37:03 AM