Family Research Council | News | Tony Perkins

Family Research Council Debuts 'On Our Knees for America' Campaign with Suggestive New Logo

Call2fall
Chris Geidner at Buzzfeed points out that the logo and tagling for Family Research Council's new post-SCOTUS campaign is more than a little suggestive.

Declare

Comments

1. I just can't. It's too easy....

Posted by: Jack M | Jun 28, 2013 1:12:58 PM

2. The jokes write themselves. Happy Pride!

Posted by: excy | Jun 28, 2013 1:15:26 PM

3. Yikes...the bottom graphic is breathtaking in its ugliness. Hey FRC, why don't you throw in some more fonts and type sizes while you're at it? Zooks...

Posted by: James in Hollywood | Jun 28, 2013 1:17:50 PM

4. Ha, ha, ha! I haven't been on my knees in years, but there's always hope. Well, I've been there for the Lord, but not a man...HA!

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jun 28, 2013 1:17:59 PM

5. Yes, fall to your knees and receive god's glory all over your face.

Posted by: Tom | Jun 28, 2013 1:19:57 PM

6. That "He" might "heal our land". I think "He" just made a really good start. Idiots!

Posted by: Geoff | Jun 28, 2013 1:22:28 PM

7. They should pray for an art director.

Posted by: Anastasia Beaverhausen | Jun 28, 2013 1:23:15 PM

8. Hmmm. Based on my observation of the FRC's male leaders, "on their knees" is exactly where they want to be and therein lies the problem. They can't accept that so they have to police those desires by ranting about homosexuality in others....

Posted by: Caliban | Jun 28, 2013 1:30:20 PM

9. And I thought Rick's rants about beards in the Sims thread would be the most hilarious thing I read all day.

Isn't mixing fonts like that forbidden in Leviticus? Sinners! I'm guessing it's not HISface some of those closeted wingnuts are seeking when they're on their knees.

Posted by: Ernie | Jun 28, 2013 1:30:25 PM

10. Get on your knees America...LMFAO!
    "Excy" is right, it writes itself. Kinda like when the Tea Party used to call themselves Tea-baggers.

Posted by: John | Jun 28, 2013 1:33:03 PM

11. When I'm in that position my boyfriend is happy and just say "go baby, go".

Posted by: lukebrux | Jun 28, 2013 1:33:18 PM

12. Has anyone ever considered that FRC is just a satire organization?

Posted by: yuninv | Jun 28, 2013 1:34:21 PM

13. i plan to be on my knees all weekend.

happy pride, ya'll!!

Posted by: adam | Jun 28, 2013 1:35:44 PM

14. In collaboration with the 2M4M campaign

Posted by: bernard | Jun 28, 2013 1:37:24 PM

15. I think it's a stretch to say that this is "suggestive", unless "Beavis and Butthead" are your comedy idols. Can't we be adults when dealing with our adversaries?

Posted by: Neil | Jun 28, 2013 1:43:10 PM

16. This is the same group of people who started calling themselves "Teabaggers" until somebody clued them in and they re-branded as "Tea Party". Go figure.

Posted by: Richard | Jun 28, 2013 1:47:22 PM

17. When did "onmy" become a word?

Posted by: Joe in Ct | Jun 28, 2013 1:52:04 PM

18. The "sin of Sodom" is pride.

Those posters have it in spades. Self centered prayer for self centered people.

Posted by: Polyboy | Jun 28, 2013 1:53:00 PM

19. As I always say in my ministry:

Remember dear children, Sunday is coming: Please spend lots of time on your knees worship the god or gods you adore!

Posted by: Sister Constance Craving, SF Order of the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence | Jun 28, 2013 2:00:01 PM

20. This is not really "suggestive". And nobody gets down on their knees for oral anymore if they ever did.

But the real message here is ugly. There are many ways to structure our lives. Kneeling and bowing and repenting and asking a Super-Being to be healed is an ugly way to live this one and only life. There is a psychological madness, an illness, in choosing to live your life this way.

Posted by: will | Jun 28, 2013 2:03:06 PM

21. It is more like a "fall on my face" campaign.

Posted by: simon | Jun 28, 2013 2:17:04 PM

22. will...tell that to my husband...who had no complaints this past Sunday morning.

Posted by: Jay | Jun 28, 2013 2:20:00 PM

23. Oh grow up. Nothing suggestive about it.

Posted by: Rikon Snow | Jun 28, 2013 2:48:02 PM

24. Somebody's freudian slip is showing...

Posted by: kit | Jun 28, 2013 2:51:44 PM

25. Slightly off-topic, but this is one of the things that has always confused me about the Judeo/Christian god. Here's this "creator," an all-powerful being who can pull the universe, in fact all reality, out of nothing. OK. But unless His creations spend all their time on their knees bowing and scraping and telling Him just how fabulous He is He's going to smite them and send them off to eternal damnation, getting poked with pitchforks while sizzling in molten lava? A bit needy and co-dependent for an all-powerful being, isn't it?

It really doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Posted by: Caliban | Jun 28, 2013 2:53:04 PM