Idaho GOP Official Wants LGBT Anti-Bias Ordinances Invalidated So Gays Won’t Come to Work in Tutus

The Republican Party of Idaho is not happy that a growing number of municipalities have banned discrimination against gay people and have passed a resolution urging the legislature to invalidate them, the Spokesman Review reports:

RasorSix Idaho cities have passed such non-discrimination ordinances in the past year and a half, and a seventh, Idaho Falls, is looking into one now; the Idaho GOP wants them halted.

The party central committee’s resolution isn’t binding on the Legislature, which is 81 percent Republican. “It’s a way for the people to make their expressions known to the Legislature,” said Idaho Republican Chairman Barry Peterson. “We let ‘em know that this is the way that the majority of the party feels.”

And to give you an example of the kind of archaic stereotypes their bigotry is based on you don't have to read too far:

Cornel Rasor (pictured), a former Bonner County commissioner and chairman of the Idaho GOP’s resolutions committee, said, “I’d hire a gay guy if I thought he was a good worker. But if he comes into work in a tutu … he’s not producing what I want in my office.” …

“If a guy has a particular predilection and keeps it to himself, that’s fine,” Rasor said. “But if he wants to use my business as a platform for his lifestyle, why should I have to subsidize that? And that’s what these anti-discrimination laws do.”

Comments

1. HadenoughBS says

I’m sorry, boys and girls, but as long as I’ve been around (which is a long time), I’m continually amazed at the neanderthal thinking among, primarily, male GOPers about sex and sexuality – whether it be the LGBT community or women & reproduction. Where in the hell do these good ol’ boys get their bigoted and/or unscientific ideas (even those who are, for God’s sake, physicians)? It’s both appalling and laughable.

2. Jonathan says

The best argument I’ve ever heard for not hiring/firing evangelical Christians. Why should I let my business be a platform for their depraved lifestyle?

3. RobertR says

Cornel Rasor = Assembly of God church. He has 3 tater-tots and 14 grand-tater-tots. Gotta wonder what he has against tutus.

4. says

Time to stop eating Idaho Potatoes! That’s their bread & butter. It’s time to fight back and protect GLBT unfortunatly growing up in Idaho. Idaho Potatoes caused bigotry… or better yet ban Idaho potatoes from being sold in your neighborhood.

5. says

I’m sure the infamous gay tutu troupe is packing the U-Haul and rushing to that gay paradise Idaho right now. Better hide under your bed, Cornel, they’re coming to sodomize you cause you look so delicious!

6. ratbastard says

I notice a lot of these truly batsh*t crazy evangelical loons are out of one of the sparsely populated western states. I assume this is because these groups have deliberately targeted these locales for a sort of take over due to their tiny populations, which makes it much easier and less expensive. They then use their state positions to make a scene on the national stage.

Far left ‘progressives’ likewise targeted a small, entirely rural state with a tiny population, Vermont, for the same reasons.

7. Tim says

I’ll give you a hint: It has 4 letters and the last letter is T.

8. BInama says

I think the Idaho Republican State Central Committee needs to look at the United States Supreme Court case known as Romer v. Evans from 1996. In the 6-3 decision the court ruled that a Colorado state constitutional amendment that tried to do exactly what the committee is proposing was unconstitutional.

I’m sure that members of the Idaho Republican State Central Committee are intelligent people and know this is not legal in the United States. By doing this they are diverting attention from other issues. What do they not want the people to pay attention to?

9. says

Tim, it’s not the fault of transpeople that you’re a closet coward with no balls.

LGBT doesn’t mean “we’re all exactly the same” – it means we stand together to work together to tear down a system of prejudice and bigotry.

seriously, you closeted trolls should chug dran-o. you’re as useful as tits on a fish and markedly less appealing.

10. Caliban says

Gosh, you mean I can’t wear @ssless chaps to the office?! Who knew?

Oh, yeah. That sort of thing is covered by common sense and employee manuals, so that has fvck-all to do with anything.

11. mike/ says

does he also believe the same way for pro-choice workers? does he tell his anti-choice workers to shut up when they talk about their stand?

i mean, if you are going to be fair, you have to treat all of them the same. right?

12. says

you mean i CAN’T just sit on a dildo at any old time at the office? wow, who knew?

this is like when DADT was on the table for repeal and rather than talk honestly about it, the Rick Santorums of the country were saying “Why should gay men be allowed to have orgies in the shower???”

uh…what?

13. jamal49 says

I think it should read “The party’s central committee’s resolution….”

OK. Moving on, with or without correct possessive, the whole thing reads like something out of the now-demised Soviet Union! The Party’s Central Committee! THIS is what the Republican Party, the GOP has become–a lock-step, totalitarian, no-think, rigid, orthodox ideology that will brook NO dissent from the official “party line”.

It’s disgusting and anybody who is or will consider voting for any Republican in any race any where in this country in the next however many years needs to have their damned fool heads examined!

14. says

“Gee, now where could this asshat have gotten the idea that being gay has something to do with dressing up in a tutu?

I’ll give you a hint: It has 4 letters and the last letter is T.”

IDIOT has 5 letters, Tim.

Well, ratbastard, better that VT be “targeted” by progressives than by right-wing loons, though the current VT political leadership is mostly made up of native VTers like myself, who weren’t exactly conservative before the leftist flatlanders supposedly took over. My hometown did, however, have an invasion of anarchist Italians a century ago.

15. DaveTN says

Geez…what’s that old saying…”Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.”

What’s next with his idiot stereotypes? No Blacks because the watermelon & fried chicken makes their keyboards too messy?

16. Continuum says

The Rethuglicans are all for local control of government except when they’re not.

If the local city wants equality, then all local control of laws must be stopped.

17. Dastius Krazitauc says

“Why should gay men be allowed to have orgies in the shower???” uh…what?

Because that’s what they’d do if *they* were gay, but they’re not, but if they were, mmmmm, they’d have not stop solder-sex. But no, they’re not gay. No sirree bob. And this Cornel Rasor would sure wear a tutu if he were gay, he’s not, but if he were…

18. Joseph says

Funny, I’ve been gay for 48 years and I’ve never once worn a tutu………to work.

19. woodroad34d says

I can see his issue….seeing as how all those straight people come to work with their shirts off and painted in some kind of sports team theme; or straight women coming to work in hooker outfits. Why extend that kind of thing to gays? (I feel the need to add *snark* here so everyone knows where I’m coming from). Actually, I’ve worked for the City of West Hollywood–the gayest of gay working environments– and never once in all my time there did I EVER see an employee arrive in a tutu…not even on Holloween or Pride Day. This is paranoiac fear at its best. There’s no reason or history for it. See a shrink, pop a valium and feel better, dearie.

20. anon says

The supreme court’s Colorado Amendment 2 decision probably applies here, making the proposed law unconstitutional.

21. Michael says

Every single friggin time there’s an article about some bat-shite crazy homophobe, I ALWAYS have to figure out who the big-ass Nelly queen in the picture is.

If every self-loathing homosexual jumped off a bridge, 99.9% of the world’s homophobia would jump off with them.

22. thepolarbeast says

Is it my imagination or is he a twin brother to Leslie Jordan of Boston Legal fame? Maybe Leslie taught him the value of wearing a tutu but he now sees that he cannot pull it off.

23. gregorybrown says

Isn’t of the presence all those Saints sweating around in “garments” pretty much the same as gays with a cock ring under the khakis? Proper Mormons don’t wear Temple clothes at work and I doubt many homo-sekshals would wear a tutu inappropriately…except when Irony is required, or some Funnymentalists need to be stirred up.

24. Mary says

As a conservative I can tell you what this man is worried about. Tutus per se are not his concern. He may even enjoy seeing a man in a little frill. It’s what comes after this that causes the problem. He’s clearly afraid that his business will have to subsidize the tights and ballet slippers that will surely follow. Men in frilly dress ware can be appealing. But how are small businesses supposed to afford these accoutrements? Not to mention the necessary perfume and lipstick needed to complete the ballerina look and aura.

One wants to be tolerant, folks. But this poses a real dilemma……………………………………………………………………….. (sarcasm)

25. Bernie says

wow! such a brilliant idiot! I only wear my pink tutu on pink Fridays to my job! I don’t quite understand this brain trust’s comment about: Why should he use my business as a platform for his lifestyle, why should I have to subsidize that? I am not quite sure what this idiot is getting at.

26. EdA says

I think that it’s rather more likely that somebody would show up for work in Mr. Razor’s army surplus store in a kilt as s/he would in a kilt.

But would lesbians be allowed to wear plaid shirts to work in his army surplus store??

27. millerbeach says

Hey whats-your-name (really doesn’t matter) thanks for more votes for Hillary! Every time one of you rubes open your pie hole, it’s three more votes for Hillary! Thanks so much for all your help…we couldn’t have done it without all your idiotic statements! Again, on behalf of the entire Democratic party, thanks! Keep it up! (at least until we get Hillary in).

28. says

Why do all these bigots always seem to have the mental capacity of a 5 year old? The only people that I’ve seen wear a tutu to work are ballerinas and middle aged women living out some delusional “Sex & The City” fantasy.