Comments

1. DC Arnold says

Great marketing scheme but the music is for Samsung customers initially? Way to build great word of mouth without paying your ad executives and marketing people.

2. Zeta says

QJ201, President Carter dresses that way because he’s reached a level of wealth and control over his own music which allows him to dress down instead of up when he feels like it.

Mr. Worldwide hasn’t, yet.

3. jason says

Why would I want to buy music from Jay Z, a man who routinely uses derogatory terms for women in his music? He and Beyonce are disgusting. Beyonce took money from the creepy Gaddafi regime, don’t forget.

Also, why is Jay Z collaborating with reported homophobes like Pharrell? Importantly, why has Andy Towle been negligent in reporting this?

4. Derrick from Philly says

@ “Seriously are the gays listening to this garbage?”

Obviously, some Gays do. When you think of “Gay”, what does “Gay” look like to you, Gast?

5. Jay says

@Derrick from Philly I usually think of intelligent folks with above average taste. Music wise tho, it seems as it is a hit or miss.

There is so much good music out there right now: Wild Cub, Bear Mountain, Disclosure, Deptford Goth, Small Balck, Bright Light Bight Light, The Limousines, etc. So many good bands for this Jay-z crap to be worth anyone’s time.

6. Derrick from Philly says

@ “I usually think of intelligent folks with above average taste.”

Well, that’s mighty kind of you, Jay. Over the next year keep reading the comments on this blog and other Gay blogs. We’ll see what you think in May 2014.

7. tinkerbelle says

@Derrick—ha ha, nail on the head. Of course, we’re still here. Go figure.

8. greenfuzz says

Wonder if Kid Rock complaining about the high tickets prices to shows had anything to do with this?

9. BWalker says

Thank you Towleroad for posting this even though many say that this isn’t good music or think gays don’t listen to it. I was excited to see this post because for once, it’s something I can relate to. It’s good to not hear about the stereotypically gay dance music. I love all music and I’m not hating on any of it. For me it’s a matter of what you relate to and what works for you. What lifts you up? What encourages you? What do you listen to when getting ready for the club? When you’re anxious? When you’re hurt? When you’re happy?