Baseball | Boston | Brian Camenker | Massachusetts | News | Sports

BigGayDeal.com

Hate Group Condemns Red Sox Pride Night, Hides Behind Children

Redsox_pride_ad

The SPLC-certified anti-gay hate group MassResistance demanded today that the Boston Red Sox cancel the "Pride Night" event for tonight's game versus the Texas Rangers at Fenway Park. In an interview with the anti-gay publication OneNewsNow, MassResistance president Brian Camenker used children as the excuse for his organization's opposition:

Baseball is largely for kids, so why should homosexual activism be part of that? And you know a lot of just regular fans don't want to be part of that kind of thing when they go out for a baseball game. It's certainly nothing you expect.

Two years ago the Red Sox created an "It Gets Better" video, and gay basketball player Jason Collins will be throwing the opening pitch tonight. Tickets can be bought here, and proceeds from tonight's game will be donated to Boston Pride.

(via Right Wing Watch)

Comments

1. "Baseball is largely for kids"

???????????????

Posted by: Rick | Jun 6, 2013 5:46:32 PM

2. He is confused with the national little league.

Posted by: PE | Jun 6, 2013 6:09:26 PM

3. Baseball is largely for fat guys who like to get drunk and watch the world's slowest game.

Posted by: AS IF | Jun 6, 2013 6:12:06 PM

4. "mainly for kids"? Really? Says who? Idiot mofo

Posted by: woodroad34d | Jun 6, 2013 6:21:40 PM

5. He's right. We all know what the bat symbolizes. And balls? You can't get more blatant than that. The whole game should be banned. It sexualizes many an innocent child. By the time they reach their teen years they become preoccupied with sex, and not just the good kind, the icky kind too, and it all stems from exposure to baseball. It's high time something was done about this.

Posted by: desmond | Jun 6, 2013 6:33:27 PM

6. People in Massachusetts aren't dumb. Even their racism is sensible. I was raised there and I never wanted to go to a baseball game. Who came up with the idea that purebred queers like sports?

Posted by: Beebs | Jun 6, 2013 6:35:03 PM

7. I was going to just comment something funny, but wow Beebs, that's rather stereotypical of you, as there are a lot of gays who like sports (like me, though baseball is my least favorite pro-sport), so it's not that dumb. Also, Boston pride is this weekend so it works out nicely.

What I wanted to just point out is who the Sox are playing, the Texas Rangers. I don't think they could have picked a team from a state that doesn't like gays more to host during pride night lol

Posted by: Chris | Jun 6, 2013 6:54:08 PM

8. Baseball is not for "kids." It's for all people. I know, I live right near Fenway. And Fenway has all sorts of special days -- New Hampshire Day, for example. Maybe not everyone wants to be near a gay or a person from New Hampshire. But, fortunately, buying Red Sox tickts is voluntary, so if you don't like it, go a different day. Brian is irrelevant and sad and has absolutely no power in Massachusetts.

Posted by: bostonmatt | Jun 6, 2013 6:58:26 PM

9. @desmond - thanks for your commentary on on the sexual symbolism. You really hit the ball out of the park. You did, however, forget to mention the long-term effects of watching baseball with all the emphasis on "pitcher" and "catcher" -- it must place a lot of pressure on the kids to choose a role.

The notion that a bunch of millionaires playing a game for billionaires and the pleasure and pride of a city or town and it's mostly adult fan base, is "largely for kids" is just complete lunacy. Baseball, in particular, is great for the kids and all, but guess what? They couldn't give a flying f*ck that it's gay day or old timers day or whatever.

Posted by: SoLeftImRight | Jun 6, 2013 7:00:10 PM

10. If you must wear gloves, I prefer two white to the elbow. :)

Posted by: Beebs | Jun 6, 2013 7:23:21 PM

11. all I can say is if you don't like it, don't go or don't watch, but don't "force" your narrow beliefs on others

Posted by: Bernie | Jun 6, 2013 7:24:50 PM

12. Why is it all these press releases from these hate groups sound like they've been written by jaded fat nelly queens?

Posted by: Michael | Jun 6, 2013 7:40:28 PM

13. I was at Fenway tonight. It was so much fun! I couldn't even find the haters. They must've been caught in the bathroom line all night. My softball team and I turned it out it hardcore in the middle of the 8th inning rendition of Sweet Caroline. Cheers and cat calls abound. Our non-gay compatriots loved every minute of it. Everyone were besties tonight over a slew of overpriced Bud Lights. Bubbles. DeeDee. Poofie. Letoya. WERQ.

Posted by: Jonny | Jun 7, 2013 3:24:17 AM

14. Baseball is for kids? That explains all the beer commercials.

Posted by: Anastasia Beaverhausen | Jun 7, 2013 7:56:42 AM

15. My Father had season tickets for the Brooklyn Dodgers in the 1930's - 1940's, and when he had tickets left over when Business associates and Customers did not go, I usually went with him. Watching Ice Melt is more exciting than Professional Baseball. Snore! Snore!

Posted by: Jerry6 | Jun 7, 2013 8:23:38 PM