Comments

1. Derrick from Philly says

The whale had bitten the bait– so why didn’t the fisherman try to reel him in? He could have thrown him back in if he didn’t want to kill him.

2. gr8guyca says

@ Derrick

1: Not everything is meant to be used as sport by humans.
    2: There is no way that regular fishing line could hold a whale.
    3: You don’t know if the boat could handle a fish that size.
    4: Why kill it? Just to show off the dead body?

And, mainly,

5: Leave the Orca alone. We share this planet. Have some respect.

3. Derrick from Philly says

@ gr8guyca

Do you really mean a regular fishing line couldn’t handle that little ol’ fish? Why’d he go whale fishing then (I say using my best Lorelei Lee impersonation)

Maybe I should’ve put one of those “:-)” after my comment.

@ Leroy,

thanks for the “halibut” laugh.

4. jeremyrain says

@ Derrick from Philly: nobody says anything about whale hunting. Have you ever seen people hunting whale? They certainly don’t use a rod and some bait like that.

5. Derrick from Philly says

Oh, my God, another one.

IT WAS MEANT AS A JOKE, jeremyrain!

But now you got me feeling guilty. The next time I see a whale swimming up the Delaware River I promise not to hurt him…or her.

But if some day I should decide to go fishing…I mean, mammaling for whales do you think I could use regular earth worms as bait? Or would I need to use an anaconda? Huh?

6. says

LOL it took me a minute and a few re-reads to figure out that they actually didn’t realize Derrick’s comment was a joke.

Did ya’ll really think he expected the dude to reel an orca into the boat and throw him back in? /facepalm

7. Derrick from Philly says

@ SPARKS,

Thank you. I was amazed. To be accused of being a whale-basher. I love whales. Some of my best friends look like whales. I’ve got family members who are built like whales (big ol’ cousins down South). If I don’t stop drinking all this booze I’ll have a belly like whale’s. How could I be against whales?

Look, I appreciate the efforts of animal protection activists, and so I will never make another whale joke on this blog again.

Just one last thing…F.CKIN’ FREE WILLY!!!!

8. says

@Nick lol I’m pretty sure he was trying to throw in some personally identifying feature so nobody else could lay claims on the video. Fast thinking, in light of what he had just seen.

9. MateoM says

I am stunned, Derrick, that you of all people would make light of the cruelty inflicted on whales by thoughtless fishermen, who only care about the thrill of killing.

10. sean you queen says

Actually Miss sean I’m surprised you didn’t go on a tirade about race. Derrick usually answerS your bigoted racist statements!

Si$$Y!

11. jamal49 says

Derrick, I got the joke and thought it was tres funny. Too bad everyone else here suffers from “serious sister syndrome”.

Lighten up, boys!