Football | MLS | News | Robbie Rogers | Sports

Robbie Rogers Talks About Being Gay, Coming Out, Returning to Soccer on 'CBS This Morning': VIDEO

2_rogers

Robbie Rogers, the first openly gay MLS player, paid a visit to CBS This Morning to talk to Gayle King, Charlie Rose, and Norah O'Donnell about hiding in the closet, his decision to come out and return to football, what it's like for gay athletes in the locker room, and whether it will be better for them in the future (it will!).

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Didn't see any video, but he looks (in the pic) so lovely and handsome. All the best to him.

Posted by: Matt26 | Jun 3, 2013 10:28:55 AM

2. Blond and Handsome ....He will make so much money from being gay for pay....

Posted by: Alan Brickman | Jun 3, 2013 10:29:09 AM

3. the vid doesnt seem to have made it to the post.

Posted by: Jim | Jun 3, 2013 10:29:12 AM

4. Here's the URL:

Posted by: Kevin | Jun 3, 2013 10:44:41 AM

5. Everyone ignore Alan Brickman. He's just an alias of our resident troll Rick.

Posted by: MateoM | Jun 3, 2013 10:48:54 AM

6. It is very cool to watch Robbie rise up and play again. This is his time and I look forward to great things for him and for the advancement of gay folks in sports.

Posted by: jay | Jun 3, 2013 11:24:57 AM

7. He is such a handsome guy. I hope he meets another guy as good as him and falls head over heels. He's young and deserves to have kids.

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Jun 3, 2013 11:29:12 AM

8. @Mike Ryan,

He deserves kids? That's a bit presumptuous don't you think? Not every gay man wants kids! No offense.

Posted by: Nich | Jun 3, 2013 12:40:21 PM

9. @Mike Ryan,

It also begs the question that homely gays don't deserve to be happy with another guy and have kids. I think I get what you're after, but gay culture has a thing about only pretty guys need apply. I'm not trying to be catty; believe me, I struggle with that concept all the time. But, when I read a comment like that, it crawls under my skin.

Posted by: DLRnATL | Jun 3, 2013 12:58:33 PM

10. Such a sunny face. Makes me happy just to see it.

Posted by: Michael in Toronto | Jun 3, 2013 1:10:41 PM

11. He looks very, very happy and contented. I hope he has a successful season. And I doubt he'll spend many Saturday nights alone!

Posted by: SC David | Jun 3, 2013 1:12:26 PM

12. I'm just so grateful that he came out on his own terms and that he comes across as an articulate likeable person. Same with Jason Collins.

Posted by: Seattle Mike | Jun 3, 2013 1:14:13 PM

13. Crap, I could stare into those eyes all day.

Posted by: Derrick | Jun 3, 2013 1:20:27 PM

14. As nice as it is to see and hear Robbie interviewed I've just gotta say that I hate this morning show format.

Three or four minutes of questions squeezed in between traffic, weather, and the rest of the daily morning show nonsense on something this monumentally important to Robbie, to gay kids, gay athletes, most of the gay community just trivializes this milestone for straight middle America consumption.

Please don't do any more of these Robbie. You deserve better.

Posted by: JONES | Jun 3, 2013 2:00:51 PM

15. I agree with Ryan. Some people should procreate, Robbie is one of them.

Posted by: Gast | Jun 3, 2013 3:16:18 PM

16. You can watch the Robbie Rogers interview here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gcs3lhnCaU

Posted by: Amicus | Jun 4, 2013 12:57:44 AM

17. Robbie, baby my skateboard motor is running...will you marry me?!?

Posted by: Sammie | Jun 5, 2013 2:59:28 AM