Gay Slurs | Jeff Flake | News

BigGayDeal.com

Senator Jeff Flake (R-AZ) Apologizes for Son's Use of Homophobic, Racist, and Anti-Semitic Slurs

2_flake

Senator Jeff Flake (R-AZ) apologized today after offensive statements on his teenage son's social media accounts were uncovered by Buzzfeed.

FlakeSen. Jeff Flake’s high school-aged son Tanner used twitter to threaten the “faggot” who stole his bike that he “will find you, and … will beat the crap out of you,” joked about an acquaintance stealing one-liners because he’s Jewish, and went by the name “n1ggerkiller” in an online game.

Another message said "I'm down to own some faggots."

Said Flake to Buzzfeed:

“I’m very disappointed in my teenage son’s words, and I sincerely apologize for the insensitivity. This language is unacceptable, anywhere. Needless to say, I’ve already spoken with him about this, he has apologized, and I apologize as well."

Flake's son's YouTube comments contain the same slurs, and also "called Mexicans the 'scum of the Earth' and on several occasions bragged that his father is a member of Congress.

Update: a reader sends in a sampling of Tanner Flake's comments from YouTube.

"you faggot retard pussy piece of crap i hope you die in a hole slowly and painfully"
“you gay fag ni**er go shoot yourself because no body likes you”
“Mexicans are the scum of the earth.”
“Then some ni**er started rapping and I looked at her album art and saw that it was Flo Rida.”
“IT'S THE NI**ER FAMILY!!!!”
“Stupid little ni**er”
“go die in a hole you stupid ni**er”
“The black guy always fails first...”
“Yes, because one white dude goes nuts. No. Black people do crap like this all of the time.”
“When he called himself a cheap jew i loled hard”

Comments

1. The fruit never falls far from the tree.

Posted by: JWH | Jun 12, 2013 7:00:30 PM

2. Wonder from which political forums had he learned such language?

Posted by: Maguitac | Jun 12, 2013 7:08:32 PM

3. OMG JWH - I was just thinking the same thing...

Posted by: Chris | Jun 12, 2013 7:12:00 PM

4. Hardly my favorite Senator, but at least he knows how to apologize properly.

Posted by: John | Jun 12, 2013 7:12:11 PM

5. Is anyone surprised? The kid will probably follow dad into politics in Arizona. If anyone should be apologizing it's we (not me) Arizonans that keep Flake in office.

Posted by: MDS | Jun 12, 2013 7:13:58 PM

6. Hmmm... I wonder where the boy learned that supremacist rhetoric. Not very hard though.

Posted by: whitneyisadude | Jun 12, 2013 7:15:13 PM

7. This child is the product of some horrible parenting. How does a parent (ESPECIALLY one in public office) not monitor their kid's online activity? Horrible parenting, that's how.

Posted by: Frank | Jun 12, 2013 7:15:26 PM

8. It is SO inconvenient when children say aloud what they've been taught their whole lives!

You end up with things like this, where Sh!tty McFvckweasel pretends he gives one wet sh!t about gays or any other minority.

Posted by: Caliban | Jun 12, 2013 7:18:54 PM

9. That update. Wowwww. That kid has got to be hearing sh1t like that all the time.

Posted by: whitneyisadude | Jun 12, 2013 7:20:34 PM

10. @Frank - the senator probably didn't think to assign this task to a PR aide - who's probably been blamed for not doing this on their own accord. I'd bet that situation has already been corrected. ;-)

Posted by: Jack | Jun 12, 2013 7:21:07 PM

11. Republican? "I'M SHOCKED" said no politically aware progressive, ever.

Posted by: redball | Jun 12, 2013 7:22:04 PM

12. Funny how you don't hear this s**t from Al Franken's kids, or Joe Biden's for that matter.

Posted by: melvin | Jun 12, 2013 7:29:54 PM

13. the child may not have been exposed to this behavior through the parents, but the parents failed in teaching tolerence, that's for sure.

and how could they not know what's on a teens twitter or other social media accounts? that shows a lack of solid parenting skills, too. teens don't raise themselves, at least not properly, as this teen proved.

Posted by: northalabama | Jun 12, 2013 7:32:08 PM

14. I grew up in AZ. Their home town is a small Mormon community, population less than 7,000, hours away from any major city and therefore as culturally deprived as Appalachia. Redneck is as Redneck does. I was raised Mormon, and it took a long time to come to the conclusion that it wasn't me who had a problem, come out of the closet and get out of Dodge (so to speak).

Posted by: rroberts | Jun 12, 2013 7:32:54 PM

15. From a bad crow a bad egg.
    - Sophocles

Posted by: Mikey C. | Jun 12, 2013 7:33:42 PM

16. In English, the euphemism to explain this kid's behavior is "He's at an awkward age." The German equivalent is "Er ist in den Flegeljahren." Literally, "He is in the lout-years."

Posted by: Bill | Jun 12, 2013 7:40:53 PM

17. I managed also to find his (Tanner's) FB page and, suffice it say... No the apple really doesn't fall to far from the tree... He is just like his father in the sense of being a VERY conservative Republican.

Posted by: Robert Martin | Jun 12, 2013 7:45:17 PM

18. Trust me. After teaching in Mesa for over 30 years, the apples don't fall far from the trees...

Posted by: Kenny C | Jun 12, 2013 7:47:47 PM

19. Kid has serious issues. I suppose that's what happens when Republicans attempt to raise children.

Posted by: danswon | Jun 12, 2013 7:52:02 PM

20. Feel free to view their white vacation and leave comments. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oy31MbGq-c

Posted by: John | Jun 12, 2013 7:53:49 PM

21. Gee, who knew that getting through my own teen years without calling other people "n!ggers" was such an achievement?!

Congratulations Sen Flake, you got the son you deserve.

It would be one thing if this led to enlightenment, but I seriously doubt it will.

Posted by: Caliban | Jun 12, 2013 7:54:44 PM

22. Wasn't the son of Arizona U.S. Rep. Matt Salmon dating a cousin of Sen. Jeff Flake? With Flake's son and cousin, that should make the next family reunion, how shall we say, "Awkward!"

Posted by: Craig | Jun 12, 2013 7:54:55 PM

23. well, the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.

let's be real, folks - while he can publicly apologize for his son's "use of slurs" he is RESPONSIBLE for teaching his son racist, anti-semitic and homophobic SENTIMENTS.

Yet another Republican Senator bringing a pathetic little bigot into our culture. The kid, and his P.O.S. father, are a product of Fox News Nation, and excusing language is not even half of it - the kid harbour's the same bigotry his lame father executes in office.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Jun 12, 2013 7:55:14 PM

24. Gays call each other 'faggot' all the time. Where is Andy Towle's outrage on this?

Posted by: jason | Jun 12, 2013 7:57:12 PM

25. You mean the son of a man who twice voted against the Matthew Shepard Hate Crimes Act is caught tweeting his interest in committing a hate crime. I am shocked! Shocked, I say!

Posted by: Michael | Jun 12, 2013 7:57:48 PM