Game of Thrones | News | Television

Was This Your Reaction During 'Game of Thrones' on Sunday Night? - VIDEO

Reaction

I wouldn't have believed these reactions to the violent "The Rains of Castamere" episode were genuine if I hadn't seen my own boyfriend reacting exactly the same way.

Watch a supercut of reactions, AFTER THE JUMP...

Two other questions come to mind: why are all these people filming themselves watch TV, and who has so much time on their hands to search out and create such a compilation? What a world, what a world.

Comments

1. "...why are all these people filming themselves watch TV..."

Posted by: bcarter3 | Jun 4, 2013 10:02:25 AM

2. To whatever "journalist" posted this story, I find it funny that you criticize them with "Who has so much time on their hands to search out and create such a compilation? What a world, what a world." Um... you seem to have enough time on your hands to post about them in the first place, didn't you.

Just post the story and spare us your sarcasm. Plus, it's not "filming themselves watch TV," it's "filming themselves watching TV."

Posted by: Funny | Jun 4, 2013 10:13:11 AM

3. More to the point of the story: what a fantastically shocking episode! It topped Ned Stark's beheading in Season 1. I love this show, truly keeps the viewer on the edge of their seat. The story seems to evolve so organically, so you never know who is safe.

Posted by: Dave | Jun 4, 2013 10:19:57 AM

4. I have been hearing about the Red Wedding since the show began, and I managed to make it to Sunday without being spoiled.

It was a gut-wrenching climax, audacious and gorgeously acted by Michelle Fairley. It's also a scene I don't think I ever need to watch again; it really shook me up.

Posted by: Mikey | Jun 4, 2013 10:28:54 AM

5. Yeah, that was pretty much my reaction. I didn't slump to the floor in a puddle of tears, but I did gasp and swear.

I think it's pretty great that in a sea of banal TV, one show still has the power to schock like that.

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | Jun 4, 2013 10:29:40 AM

6. Well, what I got out of this is that there are a lot of people with really bad furniture and unused exercise equipment.

Posted by: Kenn | Jun 4, 2013 10:32:17 AM

7. My question is: who has time to watch TV?

Posted by: jamal49 | Jun 4, 2013 10:37:21 AM

8. I guess I'm in the minority of folks who just don't get the popularity of this show.

Posted by: Butch | Jun 4, 2013 10:41:39 AM

9. "They aren't filming themselves. They're being filmed by someone who knew what was going to happen in the episode, and wanted to capture their reaction."
    Yup, bcarter3 is right. I thought that was rather obvious. It is a hugely successful book series and a LOT of people knew what was gonna happen during the wedding

Posted by: Carmen | Jun 4, 2013 10:44:29 AM

10. Kenn...I don't know you but I might love you.

Posted by: Michael | Jun 4, 2013 10:54:34 AM

11. The Red Wedding scene is the most notorious in the entire series of books so far. Reading it was just as shocking.

Posted by: Jack M | Jun 4, 2013 11:01:56 AM

12. covered my face with both hands and kept saying fck fck fck fck

& ^ while knowing what the red wedding was due to spoiling self via google search

definitely need the purple wedding next week to make up for it

Posted by: Moz's | Jun 4, 2013 11:02:25 AM

13. @ Mikey

YES! hopefully Michelle Fairley gets at least an emmie nom if not an outright win.

Posted by: Moz's | Jun 4, 2013 11:13:40 AM

14. I recorded the episode and didn't watch it until Monday. Because I had seen all the headlines on the internet I knew something big was going to happen (I have not read the books). I figured someone would die, and, since it hadn't happened before the wedding, I knew it would be there. Still I wasn't totally prepared for the carnage. I can understand why people are pissed off at the author.

Posted by: Richq | Jun 4, 2013 11:16:37 AM

15. I knew it was coming from having read the books and I was STILL completely stunned! I'm pretty sure I reacted pretty much this same way, even having expected it.

Posted by: Lucas H | Jun 4, 2013 11:31:24 AM

16. lots of hearts to KENN!!!!

Posted by: simplet0n | Jun 4, 2013 11:35:45 AM

17. what a world ,what a world indeed andy..... LOL

Posted by: steve | Jun 4, 2013 11:36:31 AM

18. Freakin' unbelievable.

One of the best episodes so far.

Posted by: Continuum | Jun 4, 2013 11:40:48 AM

19. I'm with Kenn and Michael. Now I understand why TV design shows are popular, because clearly no one has a clue about interior design. The is a compilation of THE most hideous furniture.

Posted by: scott | Jun 4, 2013 11:45:47 AM

20. For those of us who've read the books, this was the moment we've been waiting for since the TV Show began, and this is the big secret we've been biting our tongue in half trying not to spoil for our friends that are fans of the show but haven't read the books. When you read the books, you usually do so alone (unless it's with a book club), so we had nobody to commiserate with that would understand the enormity of pain, frustration, anger and despair we felt just from reading a book. And reading it was far more jarring, intense, graphic and tragic than watching it on TV (which the show did a superb job with and tried to amp it up with the addition of killing Robb's wife in such a gruesome way that doesn't happen in the book). Because when you want to talk about this series with others, the main thing you want to talk about is how tragic the Red Wedding was, but you couldn't bring it up at all to your friends because they didn't know it was coming or how tragic it would be, so it was a huge freeing and exhilarating moment for those of us in the know to watch it all go down, and NOW we can finally talk about it. Yay and BRAVO!!!

Posted by: Gary A/House Music Pusher | Jun 4, 2013 11:55:26 AM

21. I give credit to the book readers, and especially the book readers who write about television shows as critics or bloggers. I'm a GoT fanboy & had no clue what was coming in the Red Wedding. No one spoiled the impact no me.

For the record, I'm still shaken by the turn of events. However, as we all learn eventually, life doesn't always have happy endings & fiction shouldn't either.

Posted by: JonnyNYNY2FLFL | Jun 4, 2013 12:07:37 PM

22. No, I am a man, so, like virtually all other men, I did not mimic the behavior of women when I viewed the scene, the way the effeminate individual in the photo did.

As for "Game of Thrones" generally, I have watched every episode every season and while I am fascinated by it, I usually have no earthly idea of what is going on and why. There are more characters in this series than there are in "War and Peace" and many of them disappear for long stretches and a gazillion sub-plots, so I cannot imagine how anybody really keeps all of this straight.

Visually superb, though, and interesting character development.

Posted by: Rick | Jun 4, 2013 12:27:36 PM

23. That was a great episode but so horrifying. Shakespeare himself would have been green with envy were he still alive today.

Posted by: MickyFlip | Jun 4, 2013 12:50:19 PM

24. I've heard of this show. Any good?

Posted by: anon | Jun 4, 2013 1:16:31 PM

25. It's as though Rick's self loathing is visible in everything he does. Oh wait, it is. His entire existence is dedicated to hating himself.

Posted by: MateoM | Jun 4, 2013 1:24:06 PM