‘Young and the Restless’ Actor Greg Rikaart Reveals He’s Gay: PHOTO

Rikkart

Emmy-winning Young and the Restless star Greg Rikaart revealed he's gay early this morning when he tweeted a photo of he and a presumed boyfriend, along with a message:

"Not getting married anytime soon, but celebrating #equality tonight nonetheless."

And we raise a toast to you too, Greg.

Comments

1. JONES says

‘celebrating #equality’

What we fight for. Congratulations guyz. Lend you voices and support when you can so that the rest of the country can celebrate soon.

2. Seattle Mike says

Channeling my mom here:

“Photo of HIM and his boyfriend,” not “photo of HE and his boyfriend.” You would never say “Here’s a photo of he,” would you?

That said, they’re totally adorable. And good for him!

3. JT says

Seattle Mike: your mom asked me to tell you that, since this is a reflexive usage, this is one of the rare instances where “himself” is needed.

4. Alex Parrish says

JT & Mike — at least we are all agreed that “he and a presumed boyfriend” is completely wrong… C’mon Andy — clean up the grammar please.

5. Michael says

Huh? I watched Y&R when he first started on it and somehow knew he was gay. It wasn’t a “oh, I think he’s gay” but a fact that was pulled from somewhere.

It’s just me but it’s annoying when we flash headlines like so & so came out, or so & so revealed he’s gay when the guy wasn’t in the closet and did something as simple as posting a picture on the internet.

6. bravo says

I love SeattleMike and JT. Grammar nerds are so sexy. I have flashbacks to hot jocks in high school being called up to the chalkboard to diagram sentences. Do they still teach diagramming sentences? I remember being punished and having to diagram Eucharistic Prayer III, which starts off with a noun in direct address. Oy!

7. Fox says

Very happy for this dynamic duo, and yes, anyone who follows Greg on twitter or has checked out the videos on Robert’s Facebook page would know they’ve been a couple for quite some time. I first noticed them together at GLSEN back in 2008.

8. testington says

didn’t he also play Jack’s Boyfriend on Dawson’s Creek…he looks like somebody that made me irrationally jealous of a fictional character

9. KayChancellor says

Yeah, if you follow him or Christian Le Blanc (who plays his brother on Y&R) would know either were gay. He’s only revealed it to anyone who wasn’t paying attention.

10. BreckRoy says

Greg has always done the Anderson Cooper/Zachary Quinto thing where everyone knows, they are even activist to a point, but they would never publicly comment or confirm that they were gay…until they did.

I have been a fan for years and this is undoubtedly Greg’s public declaration/confirmation moment. It deserves to be covered and celebrated so that others know it is a good thing to stop playing coy and just come out fully.

11. luckylinden says

As recently as earlier this *month* Greg would only tell a reporter he was happy in “a committed relationship,” so yes this definitely counts as a public (and very welcome) coming out story. Thank you, Andy.

12. luckylinden says

13. says

To JT: Using “since” when you mean “because” is technically not wrong, but it’s very annoying. As in “Since this is a reflexive usage…” Please change your ways. The times they are a-changin’bro.

14. Rexford says

If you follow Rikaart on twitter regularly, there’s nothing “presumed” about who the real, honest-to-goodness boyfriend is. Truly, what’s more surprising (at least to me) is that they’re not already married.. lol! In photos during the last year, they’ve got what appear to be wedding rings on. Engaged maybe?! .. Anyway, love ’em!!

15. patsy says

what is wrong with all you people, being gay is against God’s commandments, I cannot believe so many still don’t get the fact that God made Adam and Eve. not Steve/