Anderson Cooper | Andy Cohen | Cher | News

Anderson Cooper Apologizes for Fawning Over Cher: VIDEO

Cher_ac

Anderson Cooper took a moment on his show to apologize for dropping all sense of decorum last week when Cher made her presence felt in NYC. His staff then felt the need to embarrass him even further with the above graphic.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Anderson serving Queen realness

Posted by: me! | Jul 3, 2013 3:48:10 PM

2. LOVE LOVE LOVE AC!

Posted by: Chris in Irvine | Jul 3, 2013 3:53:12 PM

3. That was cute and sweet but I'd say working for CNN is far more embarrassing.

Posted by: stranded | Jul 3, 2013 3:53:41 PM

4. Surely his tits are bigger than hers.

Posted by: Mastik8 | Jul 3, 2013 3:56:18 PM

5. Oh God, Coop, a little gravitas, please. Walter Cronkite is spinning in his grave.

Posted by: DW | Jul 3, 2013 4:06:27 PM

6. L M A O >>>>Love , love, love. Couldn't stop giggling. Your staf members killed it with the graphic, absolutely great.

Posted by: Thomas McKittrick | Jul 3, 2013 4:37:07 PM

7. I'm picturing you/Cher sitting on a big gunned battle ship, what a hoot.

Posted by: Thomas McKittrick | Jul 3, 2013 4:38:28 PM

8. Har!!! Pearl-clutchers begone!!! Anderson's having some fun at his own expense. Please. I love the new, relaxed Coop.

Posted by: Geoff | Jul 3, 2013 4:55:23 PM

9. So AC isn't hosting news program on news channel? At least BBC World and Al Jazeera English are sending live coverage from Egypt. I don't AC is showing anything relevant, important nor funny.

Posted by: Matt26 | Jul 3, 2013 5:04:31 PM

10. He's such a log cabin cliche....

Posted by: Alan Brickman | Jul 3, 2013 5:29:31 PM

11. I like Anderson. He is a good reporter/journalist. I am afraid that he will put me on the Ridiculist because to me Cher is just O.K. not awesome.

Posted by: andrew | Jul 3, 2013 7:12:39 PM

12. @Matt26:
    The Ridiculist is a 3 minute satirical segment of a 1 hour news show. Can the man have some fun at his own expense? Gee..

Posted by: Jake | Jul 3, 2013 7:31:44 PM

13. There is nothing about Anderson that I don't like. I would jump the guy in a hot minute. For me, there are a few 'stars' above Cher, like Streisand, Audrey Hepburn, Princess Diana (each of these women can provoke me to tears) but there is no one who does Cher better than Cher. BTW, Anderson is just so cute. I could wake up to that man every morning!

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Jul 3, 2013 7:37:42 PM

14. Of course, he's a lovely man. And I will not hear one word against the silver fox.
    On the other hand, this is shallow, ignorant commercial media. And anyone who takes it seriously is a moron.

Posted by: Wilberforce | Jul 3, 2013 10:05:42 PM

15. Live coverage of Egyptian revolutions is not profitable television in America. 200 million Americans can't find Egypt on a map. Of the remaining 120 million that know where Egypt is, about 110 million of us just don't give a crap about it.

Posted by: FFS | Jul 4, 2013 1:08:59 AM

16. I saw him on that interview with Cher & he was fine. He never looses His cool maybe with ms Griffin grabbing His crotch on the new years show

Posted by: Tony C | Jul 4, 2013 3:18:40 AM

17. @Jake, actually no he can't. I still remember the good times, when news were important, not over paid anchors.

Posted by: Matt26 | Jul 4, 2013 10:56:22 AM

18. Why should he apologize? The epitomy of class.

Posted by: Maleka | Jul 4, 2013 2:56:41 PM