Comments

1. David From Canada says

“….People are free to be what God made them to be”. Amazing! And nor do you need anyone`s permission to be what you are.
    Tutu is Tops!!

2. Gigi says

I’d gladly spend an eternity in “hell” with Desmond Tutu and other like-minded indivduals than spend even 10 minutes with the likes of Michele Bachmann or Pat Robertson.

3. David From Canada says

Note To Will: For doing all his good deeds, Desmond Tutu will be a young, attractive, underwear model in his next life.
    But in this life he has much to offer just as he is.

4. walter says

This what religion is supposed be not the hat bigotry and intolerance of people like pat robertson brian brown bryan fischer or cardinal dolan.

5. Austin says

Yeah to all theses cynical comments I say this: I would not have commented except to say this, and while I might be more likely to comment on some guy who would give me a woodie or some controversial piece… a year from now I’m more likely to remember that Desmond Tutu said this and not that some guy gave me a woodie.

Comments, or lack thereof, do not always correlate with the impact of a news piece. There’s no need to say anything on this one, because we all agree he’s awesome for saying it.

6. Bill says

@Rowan: he probably won’t be made a “saint” because that is a Roman Catholic thing. Protestants might use the word “saint” informally but there is no procedure for officially making or declaring a person to be a “saint”.

The idea in Catholicism seems to be that you can route a “prayer-gram” to a recognized saint in Heaven for special handling, so you can have someone on the inside arguing on your behalf. It’s like saying, “You should bet on Glue Pot in the next race – my barber knows the jockey and found out that the race is fixed.”