Elizabeth Hasselbeck | FOX News | News | The View

Elisabeth Hasselbeck Leaving 'The View' for 'FOX and Friends'

Conservative View co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck is leaving to join her ilk at FOX and Friends, the NY Post reports:

HasselbeckAfter much speculation, conservative co-host Hasselbeck is following Barbara Walters and Joy Behar out of the ABC daytime talk show.

She will join Steve Doocy and Brian Kilmeade on the Fox couch in mid-September.

FOX News Chairman & CEO Roger Ailes announced, “Elisabeth’s warm and engaging personality made her a star on “The View”. She has proven to be an excellent conversationalist and I am certain she will make a great addition to our already successful morning franchise.”

Hasselbeck added, "I have been a long-time fan of “Fox & Friends” and am excited to be joining their team in September.”

Hasselbeck is taking Gretchen Carlson's place.

Comments

1. ...and so goes the circle of Conservative life......

Posted by: disgusted American | Jul 9, 2013 8:07:33 PM

2. Wow, breaking news... One blonde robot replaces another blonde robot

Posted by: RONTEX | Jul 9, 2013 8:09:18 PM

3. I'm shocked, I tells ya....just shocked. The dumb, blond, hater belonged there all along. "Honey, that's not a lateral move - it's a swan dive into a vat of steaming sewage. Good riddance!"

Posted by: Geoff | Jul 9, 2013 8:17:33 PM

4. Haha Jeff..that's awesome! I couldn't have said it better.

Posted by: Will | Jul 9, 2013 8:28:00 PM

5. good fit.

Posted by: DannyEastVillage | Jul 9, 2013 8:28:09 PM

6. well, this just proves what I've always thought: she's a bottle-blonde.

Posted by: DannyEastVillage | Jul 9, 2013 8:29:38 PM

7. One vapid blonde replaces another.

Posted by: Jason | Jul 9, 2013 8:31:48 PM

8. Perfect fit for her. I never much watched her on The View, catching snippets now and then, and now I never have to watch her again on Fox News. And she's replacing Gretchen Carlson, the dumbest newsperson in America. Mighty small shoes to fill. Again, perfect.

Posted by: Bart | Jul 9, 2013 8:34:05 PM

9. How exactly does that work. She's a fiscal conservative/socially liberal. Not exactly Faux News' genre.

Posted by: RMc | Jul 9, 2013 8:37:27 PM

10. Will anyone even notice the change from one ditzy blonde know nothing to another?

Posted by: SoLeftImRight | Jul 9, 2013 8:41:56 PM

11. "How exactly does that work. She's a fiscal conservative/socially liberal. Not exactly Faux News' genre."

She'll be what she needs to be. She parrots official conservative talking points with the best of them. I look for her to go back to her old POV, "gays marrying each other = people wanting to marry their toasters".

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | Jul 9, 2013 8:43:06 PM

12. She's a little liberal for fox...I wonder how she'll do.

Posted by: abe | Jul 9, 2013 8:50:53 PM

13. Good for her, I love Fox and Friends. She will be a good addition.
    Now if only Joy Behar would drink poison.....

Posted by: HA! | Jul 9, 2013 9:05:57 PM

14. Ha!, I feel so sorry for you. There must be something wrong with your brain if you like Fox & Friends.

Posted by: MateoM | Jul 9, 2013 9:08:51 PM

15. Great! Now I won't ever have to accidentally see or hear her on ABC, since I deleted Faux News from my channel lineup several years ago.

Posted by: Rexford | Jul 9, 2013 9:25:50 PM

16. What happened? Couldn't Fox get Miss Utah or Miss Teen South Carolina?

Posted by: Mike | Jul 9, 2013 9:41:31 PM

17. Problem is that she can barely put a coherent sentence together = while pretending to sound intelligent and informed. She obviously belongs on Fox.

Posted by: bryan | Jul 9, 2013 9:48:43 PM

18. "that's not a lateral move - it's a swan dive into a vat of steaming sewage. Good riddance!"

Geoff- so well said, I had to copy it over. She's never been my favorite, and she always seemed dully ho-hum. But she somehow seemed nice and semi-articulate enough to me, if just by association with the credibility and leading-lights of her View cohorts. Now, it seems easy to think she never belonged on a show with the caliber of the View in the first place.

Posted by: Just_a_guy | Jul 9, 2013 10:22:15 PM

19. It seems that on "The View" her views, on many issues, have moderated over the years. She is certainly not a hard right conservative like most folks at Fox. She may have a bit of a moderating influence on the folks at Fox.

Posted by: andrew | Jul 9, 2013 10:22:21 PM

20. I wasn't fooled for a minute by her "moderation over the years". It was nothing more than a ploy to stay on the show as long as possible for a paycheck and to pander to her confused View fan base. Mark my words, that little snip will be right back into her true conservative boxing bra the minute she hits the Faux stage. And in a few months, we'll see some snotty little clips of her spouting the party vomit right here on Towleroad.

Posted by: johnny | Jul 9, 2013 10:44:31 PM

21. And, one more example of how completely devoid of any moral compass any version of "journalism" has become. It was reported months ago that she was out at The View but everyone, including Baba Wawa, insisted se wasn't leaving.

Posted by: e.c. | Jul 9, 2013 10:59:33 PM

22. who really cares what happens to her ??

Posted by: paul | Jul 9, 2013 11:52:04 PM

23. Shocked! I'm shocked that Elizabeth Hasselbeck would end up on Fox! Shocked I say! No, really, I mean it ... Okay, no, I'm not.

Posted by: Pitt90 | Jul 10, 2013 12:13:00 AM

24. "She has proven to be an excellent conversationalist..."

WOW. JUST WOW.

Posted by: DeeVee | Jul 10, 2013 12:20:27 AM

25. I don't know if she's socially liberal...I feel she was forced to be liberal on the show because of Baba Wawa. She's just a mean little girl who expects everything to go her way without reason, emotion, or responsibility; And she's just had enough of not getting her way. So, she goes somewhere where everyone thinks they should get their own petty way. I'm thinking it's actually going to be tougher for her at Faux--look what happened to that idiot Grizzly mother or whatever nom de stupidity she used.

Posted by: woodroad34d | Jul 10, 2013 1:17:26 AM