Elisabeth Hasselbeck Leaving ‘The View’ for ‘FOX and Friends’

Conservative View co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck is leaving to join her ilk at FOX and Friends, the NY Post reports:

HasselbeckAfter much speculation, conservative co-host Hasselbeck is following Barbara Walters and Joy Behar out of the ABC daytime talk show.

She will join Steve Doocy and Brian Kilmeade on the Fox couch in mid-September.

FOX News Chairman & CEO Roger Ailes announced, “Elisabeth’s warm and engaging personality made her a star on “The View”. She has proven to be an excellent conversationalist and I am certain she will make a great addition to our already successful morning franchise.”

Hasselbeck added, "I have been a long-time fan of “Fox & Friends” and am excited to be joining their team in September.”

Hasselbeck is taking Gretchen Carlson's place.

Comments

1. Geoff says

I’m shocked, I tells ya….just shocked. The dumb, blond, hater belonged there all along. “Honey, that’s not a lateral move – it’s a swan dive into a vat of steaming sewage. Good riddance!”

2. Bart says

Perfect fit for her. I never much watched her on The View, catching snippets now and then, and now I never have to watch her again on Fox News. And she’s replacing Gretchen Carlson, the dumbest newsperson in America. Mighty small shoes to fill. Again, perfect.

3. Dastius Krazitauc says

“How exactly does that work. She’s a fiscal conservative/socially liberal. Not exactly Faux News’ genre.”

She’ll be what she needs to be. She parrots official conservative talking points with the best of them. I look for her to go back to her old POV, “gays marrying each other = people wanting to marry their toasters”.

4. Rexford says

Great! Now I won’t ever have to accidentally see or hear her on ABC, since I deleted Faux News from my channel lineup several years ago.

5. bryan says

Problem is that she can barely put a coherent sentence together = while pretending to sound intelligent and informed. She obviously belongs on Fox.

6. Just_a_guy says

“that’s not a lateral move – it’s a swan dive into a vat of steaming sewage. Good riddance!”

Geoff- so well said, I had to copy it over. She’s never been my favorite, and she always seemed dully ho-hum. But she somehow seemed nice and semi-articulate enough to me, if just by association with the credibility and leading-lights of her View cohorts. Now, it seems easy to think she never belonged on a show with the caliber of the View in the first place.

7. andrew says

It seems that on “The View” her views, on many issues, have moderated over the years. She is certainly not a hard right conservative like most folks at Fox. She may have a bit of a moderating influence on the folks at Fox.

8. johnny says

I wasn’t fooled for a minute by her “moderation over the years”. It was nothing more than a ploy to stay on the show as long as possible for a paycheck and to pander to her confused View fan base. Mark my words, that little snip will be right back into her true conservative boxing bra the minute she hits the Faux stage. And in a few months, we’ll see some snotty little clips of her spouting the party vomit right here on Towleroad.

9. e.c. says

And, one more example of how completely devoid of any moral compass any version of “journalism” has become. It was reported months ago that she was out at The View but everyone, including Baba Wawa, insisted se wasn’t leaving.

10. woodroad34d says

I don’t know if she’s socially liberal…I feel she was forced to be liberal on the show because of Baba Wawa. She’s just a mean little girl who expects everything to go her way without reason, emotion, or responsibility; And she’s just had enough of not getting her way. So, she goes somewhere where everyone thinks they should get their own petty way. I’m thinking it’s actually going to be tougher for her at Faux–look what happened to that idiot Grizzly mother or whatever nom de stupidity she used.

11. Jack M says

Now she can feel free to spew her white trash, ignorant, radical Conservative views without fear of network censorship. This ought to be good.

12. CPT_Doom says

“Elisabeth’s warm and engaging personality…”

That’s like talking about Bill O’Reilly’s lack of a temper or Matthew McConaughey’s high IQ.

Good riddance to bad news. What exactly has Hasselbeck accomplished in her life that gives her a national stage? She lost on a game show and married the Hasselbeck brother who can’t play football.

13. DrMikey says

She revealed her truest self in her attack on Rosie many years ago, but that so-called moderation in her views were only evident most recently due to the fact that she couldn’t stand up for more than 15 seconds during a direct onslaught from Whoopi. Joy & Barbara will be missed by many; this one will not!

14. Critifur says

I will not miss Elizabeth, but I am sad that the View will just replaces her with another co-host that will promote a unreasonable right wing view. I would hate to see that other reality star twit from the Real World, Rachel Campos-Duffy, come in permanently. It is like she is not really leaving at all.