Cher | Music | Music Video | News

Cher Wears a Newsworthy Wig in 'Woman's World' Video: WATCH

Cher

Cher premiered her video for "Woman's World" today at the Mail Online and the clip features a diverse variety of women, and a new set of hair-raising headpieces, including the one above, ripped straight from the headlines.

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Too damn great! I love it!

Posted by: Michael J. Hildebrand | Aug 20, 2013 1:56:01 PM

2. Yay... Love her! Makes me all sorts of happy.

Posted by: Wayne | Aug 20, 2013 1:58:05 PM

3. It's great but I'm pretty sure I saw Steven Tyler in there somewhere.

Posted by: crashops | Aug 20, 2013 2:02:29 PM

4. OMG, when is she going to give up on this flop song? Everyone first heard the song back late last year, and even though most people didn't like it her and her record company still decided to release it as a single 7 months later in June and it was a total flop, charting at #125. Now, two months later she's making a video for this flop song? Goodness, let it go and move on to another single! The rest of the album must be really bad for them to keep dragging this song through the mud (and I say this as a Cher fan).

Posted by: Jim | Aug 20, 2013 2:17:20 PM

5. so Jim, would you say this song is a flop?

Posted by: EO | Aug 20, 2013 2:22:06 PM

6. I agree - the song is dreadful and I love Cher.

Plus why is she premiering the video via the hideous, right wing, gay hating Daily Mail?

Posted by: Richie | Aug 20, 2013 2:34:59 PM

7. This is what Beyonce wanted "Run The World (Girls)" to be, but it unfortunately wasn't. This "Woman's World' video isn't overtly political--mostly its "message" is a Gaga-esque "just dance"--but the cumulative power of the images and the dancers is extremely effective. And let's just say on a superficial level: Cher looks and sounds simply terrific.

Posted by: Dback | Aug 20, 2013 2:37:52 PM

8. Wow... that was bad.

Posted by: tom | Aug 20, 2013 2:42:29 PM

9. The song is a lot better than that stupid GaGa song.

BTW, whoever is Cher's plastic surgeon deserves a Nobel prize.

Posted by: Jack M | Aug 20, 2013 3:17:19 PM

10. Fun video. Love the hairdo's. I'm a little suspicious of her body in the video, though. Doesn't look like the same one she had at the Pride Pier Dance... If that is really hers, you go girl.

Posted by: AriesMatt | Aug 20, 2013 3:25:34 PM

11. Am I the only one who thinks the redhead wig is a joke between her and Kathy Griffin come to life?

Posted by: TheMultiplex | Aug 20, 2013 4:24:09 PM

12. Am I the only one who thinks the redhead wig is a joke between her and Kathy Griffin come to life?

Posted by: TheMultiplex | Aug 20, 2013 4:24:13 PM

13. Not bad for a 67-year-old broad.

Posted by: johnny | Aug 20, 2013 4:33:09 PM

14. La Cher still looks amazing- the song is okay.

Posted by: jarago | Aug 20, 2013 5:35:18 PM

15. FOLLOW THIS, YOU BITCHES!

Posted by: feo | Aug 20, 2013 6:34:39 PM

16. She makes me smile.

Posted by: Tom | Aug 20, 2013 7:30:43 PM

17. Cher is pure divinity. This song, not so much, but that's okay.

Posted by: Gregoire | Aug 20, 2013 8:57:27 PM

18. Cher is awesome. I want a wig of shreds NOW, bitches!

Posted by: NotMegg | Aug 20, 2013 9:11:25 PM

19. Fabulous, empowering, danceable as hell.... and she looks fierce!
    Long live the everlasting, everfabulous Cher!

Posted by: Marc | Aug 21, 2013 1:53:12 AM

20. A one-note, one-energy dance song that will hopefully be followed up by a better-written single from the same album. I am not giving up on Cher because of one lousy dance single.

Posted by: Manny Espinola | Aug 21, 2013 4:59:01 AM

21. Is it just me, or is there allegory in this Cher video with her poofy SHREDDED NEWSPRINT WIG? As an activist, Cher has, over the decades, taken heat from the press (as have other high-profile women) on a variety of issues, LGBTQI equality issues included (not to mention the sensitive personal matter of Chastity-to-Chaz). To me, the visual of wearing shredded newsprint seems a subtle in-your-face bit of rebellion by one of my favorite, all-time divas who will OWN you (if not mockingly wear you) if you cross her! If Sonny were still alive, he'd tell you all about this.

Posted by: Koskalaka Maricón | Aug 21, 2013 1:42:59 PM